“refreshingly chic”

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Zurich
“refreshingly chic”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The Gibson is a lovely hotel. We chose it because it looked much nicer than many of the hotels in the city centre. The tram stops right outside so it's easy to get into the city. The rooms were huge, beds comfortable and bathrooms luxurious. The free toiletries were nice too. It was also pretty quiet. I would happily recommend this hotel. Hotel bar / restaurant is also v funky. there's a gym but we did not use this. After a disappointng stay at a hotel outside the city, the Gibson was refreshngly chic!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElizabethZurich
Dear “ElizabethZurich”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and found all the amenities to your satisfaction. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards.
gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Derry city
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed here for two nites a couple of weeks ago and loved the hotels modren bar restaurant and rooms..staff were very friendly and helpfully and being so close to the 02 arena(across the street) it has a great buzz to it .definitley worth checking out if heading to Dublin.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Bustermaderrycity
Dear “Bustermaderrycity”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and enjoyed the atmosphere from being so close to the o2. I certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future and in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Crownsville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The staff was very nice. Everything was spotless. The tram was right across the street. The food was great - both breakfast buffet and dinner. Very modern lines.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Cindy C
Dear “Cindy C”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and enjoyed the food and our convenient location. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future and in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I booked The Gibson for a 3-night stay with a slight concern that it might be too far outside the city center. With the LUAS stop immediately in front it was great in every way. Even though the O2 Theatre is there the soundproofing is so good we didn't hear a thing! Clean, modern, great staff, everything we wanted in hotel! Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dwight M
Dear “Dwight M”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and enjoyed our convenient location and found our team to be so helpful. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future and in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

nafplio
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I've recently spent a week at the Gibson. Rooms are modern and spacious, breakfast excellent, staff really helpful. The LUAS (tram) stop next to the entrance makes it easy to reach the town centre. A short walk from the new Convention Centre. Overall a beautifully decorated modern hotel I would definitely stay on a future visit to Dublin.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the O2.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank effied-2012
Dear “effied-2012”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. It’s very pleasing to see you had such an enjoyable stay in the hotel. I’m happy to see you were so impressed with the team, breakfast and location. I’m delighted to see that you intend to return again and if I can assist you with this, or with any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

I booked the Gibson for a weekend away with my girlfriend based on the fantastic trip advisor reviews and I couldn't be happier with the experience.
Check in was quick and easy, all staff were pleasant and warm and the facilities and general atmosphere in the hotel were all top notch.
The rooms were immaculate. Spacious, clean with a very comfy bed, plasma tv and a massive walk in shower.
The hotel is a little out of the centre of town but it is literally right next to the 02 arena and there is a luas tram stop right at the front door of the hotel that takes around 5 mins to get to O'Connel St and Temple bar. Overall a great experience and having travelled all over Europe can honestly put this hotel up there with the best.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Allymac7710
Dear “Allymac7710”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the hotel. It is a great compliment to receive and I am delighted you were so impressed with your stay. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future and in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Rooms are spacious, modern and clean and with nice design furniture, comfortable bed and high quality lining. My specific room had floor to cieling windows overlooking an internal garden which made you feel like you where outside - very pleasant and relaxing.

Spottlessly clean throughout the hotel, it was a pleasure to wonder around and relax in the bar area.

Location is good given the tram line that takes you downtown in a matter of minutes for 1.60EURO. Only downside is the surroundings, lots of construction going on and unfinished buildings everywhere.

Unfortunately good things go sold out quickly! Hotel is always fully booked and I needed to find another place for the following weeks but will be checking out their availability for future trips as this was surely the best you can get for business travel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Alessandro B
Dear “aboffi”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I’m delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and in particular your room features. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again and if I can assist you with any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.