“Fab location, fab hotel”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Athy, Ireland
“Fab location, fab hotel”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed just one night in July & it was brilliant. Hotel is located next door to a cinema & the O2 venue. There is a luas that leaves from right outside the door & also a taxi rank. The rooms are spacious & spotless, the showers are lovely, with glass doors & a rain shower head.

Breakfast is really fresh & tasty with a great choice. Great spot for a nightcap after being to a concert in the O2 even if you are not staying over!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank purple_swb
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear “purple_swb”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m delighted that you had an enjoyable stay in the hotel and you benefited from our convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future and in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Great week-end at the Gibson hotel where I stayed with my fiancé in February 2012.

The room is nicely furniture and rather big, the hotel is a bit far from the city centre but the tram really stops at the bottom which is really convenient after a long day of walking in Dublin!
We benefitted from a good deal when we booked on their website, so we were very happy with the price/quality value. We had the Sunday Brunch formula, the brunch was good and we enjoyed a late check out at 4pm which was perfect as we could then take the shuttle to the airport which is 3 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

Only negative point: the bathroom has a window which accessed directly into the bedroom (on the bed even!), so I had the bad surprise to be woken up inthe middle of the night when my partner switched on the light to go to the toilets!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julars
Dear “Julars”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m glad to see you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and benefited from one of our great deals. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future and in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Almere, The Netherlads
Reviewed 23 August 2012

A different modern hotel not usual for Dublin. Liked the glass work. Close to the town center. Take a taxi to O'Connel street for around €8. Or on a nice day take a walk. Not a very child friendly hotel. Mine where 7 and 9- they could amuse themselves, I wouldn't go here with children younger then that. More a hotel for couples and ideal if you're going to the O2 arena! Restaurant for evening dinner was ok, indonesian quisine- expensive. Breakfast: a lot of choice hot food kept warm- not much taste.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank topnosh
Dear “topnosh”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m sorry to see you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. We cater for all guests including families with young children I apologise if you didn’t get this impression during your stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future where I am sure you will have a memorable experience. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

London
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed at The Gibson Hotel, Point Village, Dublin in May. The Hotel location is fantastic for the 02 arena which is just 10 steps away! The Hotel is bright, new & very modern. Not for you if you are looking for "character"!
The double room we had was very clean & bright, there is ample room for everything & the bathrooms are a decent size.
The tram stops just outside the Hotel to take you into the heart of Dublin, it runs every 10 minutes, so you can leave the car in the car park. The Hotel staff are nothing to write home about, they simply do their job! The breakfasts are really nice.
IF you do have a concert to attend at the 02 Arena then this really is the "only" place to stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear “lyd678”,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I’m delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay in the hotel and that the location was so convenient for you. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed here to catch an early ferry. Great location although a bit tricky via Gps but just took just 5 mins to ferry loading dock in the morning. Faciilities all good. Rooms extremely modern comfortable and roomy. 2 min walk to river with lovely boardwalk. Ate in Bar and food was A plus. We shared a platter for lunch and I had seafood Laska for evening meal and it was superb. Would recommend this hotel especially if u need to get an early start to Ferry or boat.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen V
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Dear "Helen V"

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and I certainly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Magherafelt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We loved staying in the Gibson hotel. We arrived at busaras from Belfast and got on to the luas tram which is at the back of the bus station, they pull up every 10 minutes or so. You buy the tram ticket at the ticket machine at the stop. The tram will display in green lights 'the point' which is where the Gibson is located and is actually the last stop on the tram line :). I would advise everyone staying at the Gibson to take the tram as it is very reliable and saves you walking 25 minutes to the hotel :) the tram literally stops at the front door of the hotel so no need for walking long distances to or from the city centre. Hotel is in a nice quiet area away from the city centre but easily accessible with the luas.
The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful both at the reception desks and the restaurant. The rooms are lovely and modern we had a room on the shared balcony which was just lovely. There is also a cinema next door which we didn't go to but will next time!
We will definitely be back at the Gibson soon.Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear "827catlover22",

Dublin Ireland
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Lovely new hotel, very modern stylish and clean. Rooms have lovely big showers (no bath) The Asian food in the bar was very good as was the service. Location is great if going to a concert at the O2, not so great otherwise although the Luas stops right outside do very handy.

• Stayed August 2012