“Beautiful Modern By Train”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Beautiful Modern By Train”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Gibson after a week long tour around Ireland. This was our "rest" after the running around. It was beautiful! First it's directly in front of the first stop of the rail, so you walk out front and jump on and head right into the heart of Dublin. It's no more than 5 minutes to Temple Bar on the train. Finally, the rooms are amazing. Beautiful modern decor. Their is an open spa anyone can use with steam room, sauna, foot baths, make your own natural beauty products station, and best of all, giant bath tubs (fits 2 people) on a balcony outside. Amazing. Best value ever.

• Stayed September 2013
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Katie D,

I was so happy to read your very kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that we exceeded your expectations especially with the facilities we offer. It is this service that also makes The gibson one of the best hotels and the team we have that deliver it. I have passed on your comments to them already. I hope that you will come and stay with us once again in the near future.

Manager On Duty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
IRELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here recently when we were going to concert at the adjacent O2 arena. Fantastic hotel. Clean, quiet and modern. Very quick check-in, choice of newspaper and a great breakfast buffet. The room was well appointed and smelt fab. The bed was very comfy and the shower strong. There is a large complimentary of water in the room which is a nice touch. The Luas stops directly outside the door of the hotel and its about a 10min journey from the city centre. The area around the hotel is quiet but it would be a good base for a stay in Dublin. As I mentioned earlier the hotel is ideal for a visit to the O2. We went to see Depeche Mode and within 10mins of leaving the hotel bar we were seated in the O2. The bar area is nice and the food we ate was delicious. There is a nice selection of beers available and there are great views of the surrounding area. Highly recommended. Will stay again

Dear Waterford-TRIP,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the little touches like the complimentary newspaper and water to your satisfaction. I have passed on your very kind words to the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I loved this hotel, It's such a shame I was only there one night.
The rooms were MASSIVE, and very well appointed. the bathroom was vast also, and had an enormous shower cubicle.
There really was nothing I could fault with this hotel, it had a lovely atmosphere, the breakfast was delicious. I really couldn't have asked for anything more....except another night!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear SamiKnight,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and couldn't fault the hotel. I have shared your review with all the team here and they look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stay 5 nights and had no complaints. The staff helped out tremendously with all my questions and requests for places to eat and things to do. The bar and resturant had good food and nice selection of spirits.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CHauser101
Dear CHauser101,

Thank you for choosing the gibson hotel for your recent visit to Dublin and for leaving your valued review of the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I decided to book a last minute room as a surprise for my better half. We had a low-key civil ceremony ahead of our wedding and instead of staying with the in-laws as planned, I thought we needed to mark the occasion with a nice overnighter!

I had heard great things about the hotel but Im used to being a bit dissappointed with some aspect of my stay, The Gibson prooved me completely wrong. The staff were amazing, the hotel is fantastic (both layout and decor) and I wish I had made it to breakfast to try the food.

We really appreciated that the manager took time to write us a welcoming note and leave a congratulatory treat, as well as the beautiful room we were moved to.

C&G

Dear MauveMountain,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us, I am delighted to read that we didn't disappoint you and exceeded all your expectations. I am also happy that you enjoyed the little treat left in your room. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Blackrock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here as was attending a concert in the O2. Perfect location. Very impressed with this hotel. Unusual layout with reception on third floor. Great atmosphere in the bars with views over looking the O2 and Dublin city centre. The rooms are a knock out. Really stylish, large and well maintained. Good breakfast the following morning too. And one more thing, the staff are fantastic. Nothing too much trouble. Even if not attending the O2 I would definitely recommend this hotel. The Luas stops right outside so access to the city centre is easy. I would stay here again for sure.

Dear Macker1,

Thank you for choosing the gibson hotel for your recent visit to Dublin and for leaving your valued review on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that you found the proximity of the hotel to the O2 arena to your satisfaction as well as the great atmosphere in the bars and the views from the O2 terrace. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Spent three nights at the Gibson for a business meeting in May 2013. The meeting rooms were fully equipped and comfortable for all day meetings. The rooms were tastefully designed with simple decorations and the beds were comfortable. Facilities were clean and modern. The hotel is located directly across from the O2, however was not noisy or a 'party' hotel. Public transport directly outside the front door takes you directly into the heart of Dublin in 10-15 minutes. Airlink bus to the airport also outside the hotel. Overall a great experience, I would recommend and would return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear JustRose_CH,

Thank you for choosing the gibson hotel and for leaving your valued review on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your 3 nights stay with us and found all the facilities to your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Manager on Duty