“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Co. Antrim, N Ireland.
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at The Gibson from 17/11 to19/11. Staff were very welcoming and our room was excellent. I missed not having a soft seated foyer area to sit and relax in.Having the Luas on the doorstep was a real bonus.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear angeladillon52,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we offer. I have shared your feedback with the team.

Please do come back and see us soon.

Manager on Duty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here over a weekend and there was nothing that we could fault.
The room we had was large and tidy; bathroom was big and clean; different types of pillows available (I don't like feather pillows) and it was quiet.
We had lunch and drinks at the Hemi bar which was very nice; all of the staff were very friendly and approachable.
Location was good - easy to get to from the airport (there is an Airlink bus which has the Gibson hotel as the first stop from the airport but we had issues getting one from the hotel to the airport because they were full - taxi cost us 20 euros). The Luas is right outside the hotel and easy to get around the city using this. We also liked the fact that it was a bit out of the city centre as it was a bit quieter
Overall would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone

Dear Kiwitraveller1983,

I am glad to read that your stay with us delivered in all areas! It's especially nice to be able to share such positive comments with the team, rest assured all will be seen, as all are avid readers of the comments posted here!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Ireland
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Spacious , bright , clean , modern , well run , friendly hotel. Underground parking and easy to locate. Just across from O2 and Luas stop outside the door . Perhaps not the best located hotel if you are the type that nip back and forward a couple of times during the day as a15/20 min walk from the city centre. But Luas of course would do the trick as well . Rooms are great , breakfast is a pleasure so give yourself time to enjoy . Worth the extra 10 euro . Bar is also very relaxing in the evening. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard - no great scenery but very quiet - ideal .
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear FearGlic,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to review your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay with us was a good one, and will make sure that all of the team get to see your great feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Dublin.

Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed in the hotel for a weekend away for my partners birthday. The location is unreal 10 minute bus ride from the airport bus 747 which drops you off 30 seconds walk from your hotel, ride outside the front door is the LUAS (Tram) stop which takes you directly into Dublin city centre. We arrived around 8:30 due to having an early morning flight upon arrival we was greeted with a very firm hand shake, we was advised that our room was not ready however they will store our luggage & the room should be ready around 11am, we used the LUAS into Dublin for some breakfast arriving back at the hotel around 11 am I was surprised to find out room was ready waiting for us! The room itself is extremely comfortable, stylish and spacious. The food was to die for, I would love to stay at The Gibson Hotel again !

Dear Will_to_the_S,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback of your stay at The gibson Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you were impressed with the hotel from the moment you arrived and found it to be comfortable, stylish and spacious. We take great pride in our service here at The gibson Hotel and it gives me great pleasure to know that you experienced our excellent treatment. Thank you for choosing The gibson hotel as the only place to stay in Dublin.

I hope to welcome you again to The gibson Hotel.

Nenagh, Ireland
Reviewed 24 November 2013

What an amazing place to stay!! I stay in hotels quite frequently with work & this has been the most flawless stay to date. Wonderful staff, from Noel the concierge to Stuart in room service. Outstanding team. Really wish I could take this hotel with me on all my business trips.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear SueQ8,

Thank you for choosing the gibson hotel for your recent trip to Dublin and also for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the service you received from all the staff here including Noel and Stuart. I hope it is not long until we are welcoming you back.

Banbridge, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

had a great stay here a few days ago, we were down to see the Lumineers at the o2.
The hotel is very easy to find with good road access and a luas stop just outside the main door, and if you going to the o2 is just across the street from it.
The rooms was clean and a good size, the beds were just right for me, slightly soft but with a firm core, being 6ft 2in and off a large build, sometime hotel beed don't fit me that well but i had a very good night sleep here. the shower was great with lots of room in it.
we had a few beers in the bar and some light lunch and again excellent waitress service and a good range of beers to select from. after the show we were able to get back to the hotel and sit in the front bar with a few whiskeys and watch the world go buy, a great way to finish the night
the breakfast in the morning was lovely with good quality bacon and sausages.
next time i am looking somewhere to stay in Dublin this will be my first stop.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James K
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear JamesK,

I was so glad to read your feedback following your stay at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests. I am very proud that the team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to our great team. I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Belfast
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed in the hotel for a gig in the point/O2,it's around a 30second walk to it. The hotel room is extremely comfortable and stylish. It contains everything you could possibly need in a hotel stay, an amazingly comfortable bed, a fridge, a safe, a balcony, a huge shower and really nice lighting. We both loved the room and wished we could stay on for another night.
The staff are very welcoming, friendly and approachable.
We took the additional offer of paying €10 for breakfast the night before, saving €10 between us if we'd have paid at breakfast. My partner had the cooked breakfast which he enjoyed, I had the continental which was grand.
Overall we loved our stay, will definitely stay again and have already been recommending it to family and friends. Thanks

• Stayed November 2013