“Mediocre”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Good:
Staff are friendly and efficient. Good location for the event I was going to but not for rest of the city. Nice bar area and function rooms.

The Bad:
Not at all good value for money. This is not a proper 4 or 5 star hotel. The carpets and curtains were badly stained. The climate control is hideous. The beds were too small and not comfortable. The food was mediocre.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank datun19
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear datun19,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us. I am disappointed to read that your experience of the hotel was not a memorable one. We have taken your comments on-board and I will be sharing your feedback with the team. We fully appreciate that customers are the ultimate benchmark and without listening to feedback of all kinds we will never achieve our objectives.

I hope we get the chance to restore your faith in the near future. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is the type of hotel that makes you feel wonderful!
The decoration, The cleaness, The service!
We reserved a room for 3 night. We got a nice room with a decent view to the city which was nice to look & see the city at night!
The rooms was fully equipped with everything you need, not to mention the style of the rooms which was nice & unique!
The bathroom was extremely clean & tidy.
The hotel served some apples outside the elevators which was nice to grab for a nice walk outside.
The hotel has a direct bus line from/to the airport (6 euro one way) which work almost 24 hours (I took one on 3:30AM to catch a flight back home) which is extremely useful not to walk with your luggage in the center dublin or call for a taxi that will cost your 4 times more than that!
The only downside i found is that the Tram/Rail works only till 23:30PM or something like that.
So if you plan to hangout after those hours - you can catch a bus or a taxi to get safely home.
Of course you can walk all they down from the center but i'm afraid it's a bit far away.
We took a taxi for one night so it wasn't that bad.

Beyond that, Worht mention the staff which was very helpful for information & tips for travling around.
Offered us to print our E-tickets for our flight. help us to measure our weight of luggage before the flight (which a lot of hotels take you moeny for that!)

Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: Ask rooms with a nice view to the city/port. Do take the patio interior rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Or G,

I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words about your recent stay at The gibson Hotel. I was so glad that we met and exceeded your expectations. I have shared your review with the rest of the team here at the hotel.

Please do come and visit us again soon where I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was my 3rd time staying in the Gibson and I love this hotel. I arrived at the hotel at 11am and I had requested an early check in and the hotel was only happy to oblige. The receptionist Po shook my hand and was very friendly. The room was beautiful and the shower was fantastic I was staying in the hotel as I was attending a JLS concert and it was a very handy location. The breakfast was nice and the selection was great. I will definitely stay in the Gibson again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Danielle R,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your 3rd stay with us and the service that we offer. I have shared your feedback with the team. Please do come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed with my husband. Excellent hotel - great food and service on Friday night in the main restaurant - excellent breakfast and really helpful efficient staff. I'd have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to family and friends and have done so.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Maria L,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip advisor, following your stay at the gibson hotel.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The gibson Hotel and they are extremely proud to have made your stay such a memorable one.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here for a night recently. First of all the parking was great once we found it but very poorly signposted. We drove around in circles until finally guessing it must be in the under ground 02 parking. The reception area if fairly bleak, with three or four stand alone desks. No feeling of warmth in the area. Rather like an airport check-in. The staff were very friendly though, and very efficient. We had a family room which was a bit of a let down, it was one double bed with a pull out sofa bed. The kids hate the sign of these. To be fair the sofa bed was solid. The room itself was fine, but no sign of a safe. The minibar was also empty, so much for a **** hotel. Breakfast was very good. Plenty of good food. Overall felt a bit let down was hoping for more of a warm cozy experience, having said that functionally the place did the job for just passing a night in Dublin.

Room Tip: Watch out for the car park entrance
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank corkboy2009
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear corkboy2009,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us. My apologies you felt the lack of warmth at reception and throughout your stay with us. I am delighted however that you found the staff to be friendly and very efficient and I will make sure to pass this onto all the team here as I know they work extremely hard to make all our guests stay an enjoyable one.

My apologies also that there wasn't a mini bar in your room, the mini bar is not a service the hotel provides however we have a 24hours room service and I am sure they will be delighted to assist you in future were to come back and visit us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here over the weekend, had booked our packed in October b&b and a two course dinner in the coda eatery, on arrival we were told dinner would be in the "Christmas market" which was a buffet they had in the middle of the bar, we gave it a go, and it was quiet poor, food had been sitting there all evening rather then fresh stuff being brought out, it was both over cooked, dry and only barely warm, my husband didn't feel the best after his either, plus there was a lot of confusion from the staff about us having a pre paid dinner package and the "voucher" we had been given for it, it really didnt seem like value for what we had paid, service was poor, were left with dirty plates on our table for ages, and breakfast the next morning was dissapointing my croissant was very stale and the toast we ordered never arrived, expressed my dissapointment on check in also, it's a nice hotel though and very clean but the food and service really let it down, we wud have lived to make this a regular treat but doubt we'll come back

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Freckled2013

Dear Freckled2013,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for conveying your experience of the gibson hotel to us. We fully appreciate that customers are the ultimate benchmark and without listening to feedback of all kinds we will never achieve our objectives. I am disappointed to read that our usually high standards weren't met during your visit with us and I sincerely apologise for this.

The Christmas market is a concept that we believe will offer all our guests something different during the month of December and I am sorry the experience wasn't an enjoyable one. I have conveyed your comments to all the team and they are disappointed as me that this wasn't a great visit. We however hope that you will give us the chance to restore your faith in our hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Very happy. Super convenient for city and airport, especially with early start. Very helpful reception staff. Only issue was having to pay for parking. But worth it nonetheless. Breakfast buffet excellent. Wish we had time to use gym and health suite. Next time perhaps. Will definitely book again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Aoibheann C,

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. Your words are very kind, are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.

I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.