“First class”

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Co.Meath Ireland
“First class”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at the Gibson for the first time in Dec 13. It has an excellent location and is very trendy and chic. The room that I had on the 6 th floor was wonderful with great views over the city.
I also experienced a very friendly and efficient reception desk . I shall return soon.

Room Tip: 6th floor is fab.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Frank K
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear FrankCo_MeathIreland,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review on trip advisor and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much so that you will be returning to us on your next visit to Dublin..

The gibson hotel crew and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Manager On Duty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I loved this hotel, you go into the car park and up the lift, check in was easy and friendly and walk across the road to the 02. The room was lovely and the bed very comfy, the problem we had was that after the show we decided to go to the bar for a night cap and there was a long line of people trying to get to the bar, now i understand it was very busy then but even when a lot of people left because they could not get served,,. the service was still terribly. there was plenty of staff on but they had no idea of who was next to serve so 5 people could be standing waiting and the person who just walked to the bar got served, a man standing beside me was getting very annoyed and i gave up and walked away.perhaps if the bar staff did less fancy twirling with bottles and used better bottle openers they might get to serving the customers quicker. A quarter of my split was spilled and i noticed that happening to others as well, also free pouring is never a good idea. my rant over I did really like everything about the hotel, we had a lovely evening meal and breakfast.

1 Thank dublinbid
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear dublinbid,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the gibson hotel. I am delighted to read that you mostly enjoyed your stay however I am disappointed some aspects of your stay wasn't to the standard of the hotel. I have shared your review with all the team and they are as disappointed as me that you didn't enjoy your entire stay. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Gibson hotel when a group of around 20 of us were visiting on a weekend trip from Belfast.
Hotel is clean, modern and there staff are very friendly. I will definitely return on my next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed November 2013
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Logen_Ninefingers,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to review your stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay with us was a good one, and will make sure that all of the team get to see your great feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Dublin.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a show over at the 02. Very warm welcoming from reception staff seemed friendly and efficient. Went to have a meal in the bar but was advised by a manager in the queue that they where running some sort of christmas market (which at first we doubted but went for anyway) when we got to the receptiin desk we were greeted my paul who explained how it worked and took the time to give us a tour which we taught was very helpfull as we were in doubt further more he went out of his way to make sure the kids where happy by giving them some marshmallows and colouring utensils. The food was very taste full and plenty of selection only criticism is it could have been warmer

All in all had a great stay and would definitly reccomend it!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear corkcuple,

I am glad to read that your stay with us delivered in all areas! It's especially nice to be able to share such positive comments with the team, rest assured all will be seen, as all are avid readers of the comments posted here!

We look forward to seeing you again.

mayo ireland
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at the Gibson for two nights recently and was very impressed with everything. Friendly efficient staff at Check in.Lovely room with a great bathroom, everthing is very modern and clean.Lots of little extras such as complimentary mulled wine and mince pies!! Breakfast is buffet style, nicely presented,good choice,but could have been hotter.Luas stops outside the hotel and takes you to the city centre in a few minutes.The O2 arena is within walking distance. Lots of parking adjacent to the hotel (14 EURO PER DAY). This hotel just as such a nice feel to it. Will be staying again.

Dear nurseyMayoIreland,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your stay at The gibson Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the service you experienced was outstanding. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be in a convenient location for you. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The gibson Hotel.

Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Gibson for two nights as we were in Dublin to see a Concert. I have stayed here before a few years ago and I was looking forward to visiting again as it was a pleasant stay.
Check in and out was efficient and friendly with everything explained clearly, the girl who checked us in was particularly nice.
I absolutely love this hotel, the location is ideal for shopping, concerts or a night out in Dublin.
The rooms are clean with a modern decor, the bathrooms had all the little extras one would expect and the shower is amazing!!
I loved all the extra little touches such as a paper of your choice been delivered in a bag each morning or the mulled wine and mince pies at reception.
I do have a couple of flaws which I think could do with addressing ...
Breakfast in the mornings is ok, its a self service buffet which i always find to be luke warm however there is a nice selection.Service was a bit slow especially the second morning, we had to asked for tea and toast and no tables seemed to be getting cleared - I counted 7 dirty tables in our section alone at one point.
In the evening after the concert we went to the bar and we were hoping to have a couple of Baileys coffees to warm us up but we notice the barman cleaning the machine so we asked if we could still get them but he said it was closed so we settled for some cold drinks instead which we were happy to do only to see a couple order coffees 10 minutes after us and get them.
To be fair they were only minor annoyances and they didn't impact on the enjoyment of our stay i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone i know and i'll look forward to my third visit!

Dear Laurajanedunne,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was delighted to read your kind comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel along with your constructive feedback which I have taken on-board fully.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again when you are next in Dublin.

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife and I were looking for somewhere to stay in Dublin and I got this gem of a hotel from an internet search. From the moment I rang on the phone to book (Laura on reception) to leaving the hotel the overall stay was the best I have experienced in any hotel in the world. The parking the location to the O2 which we were going was brilliant.
In any hotel the experience is made all the better by the staff and this is were the hotel really came into their own. Every person working there has a great attitude, they were friendly & helpful. It really showed my the spirit that can be found in getting good staff and keeping the hotel like its their home. I cannot rate the experience highly enough.

It led me the write this article.

Room Tip: Just tell the receptionist what you are looking for and they will organise it for you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Paul R,

My sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at the gibson hotel. I am delighted that you had a great service experience in the hotel, and it is encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the gibson hotel soon.

Manager on Duty