“best hotel to stay in for concerts in O2”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #24 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 16 December 2013

First time ever staying here as it was recommended by someone as we were going to show in O2. I was told it was near the O2 but near it was an understatement its in the same courtyard as O2..took us 30 seconds to walk from hotel to show and the luas stops right at the hotel..literally!!!
the Hotel itself was fab..rooms were spacious and the breakfast was delicious in the morning with a massive buffet style choice

Room Tip: book early to get good value
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear MartinaD95,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip advisor, following your recent stay at the hotel.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The gibson Hotel and they are extremely proud to have made your stay such a memorable one.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Manager On Duty

Write a ReviewReviews (4,824)

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday in December. Very nice, though not amazing.

Pros:
Sleek modern design
Quiet well furnished rooms
Location convenient for IFSC, O2, red line Luas
Good buffet breakfast

Cons
Up on 3rd floor
Not a great atmosphere in bar
Problems with AC in room
HD TV with no HD channels

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 8MonthTrip
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear JohnCSLouth,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of the gibson hotel with the trip advisor community, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at the Gibson for the first time in Dec 13. It has an excellent location and is very trendy and chic. The room that I had on the 6 th floor was wonderful with great views over the city.
I also experienced a very friendly and efficient reception desk . I shall return soon.

Room Tip: 6th floor is fab.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank K

Dear FrankCo_MeathIreland,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review on trip advisor and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much so that you will be returning to us on your next visit to Dublin..

The gibson hotel crew and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I loved this hotel, you go into the car park and up the lift, check in was easy and friendly and walk across the road to the 02. The room was lovely and the bed very comfy, the problem we had was that after the show we decided to go to the bar for a night cap and there was a long line of people trying to get to the bar, now i understand it was very busy then but even when a lot of people left because they could not get served,,. the service was still terribly. there was plenty of staff on but they had no idea of who was next to serve so 5 people could be standing waiting and the person who just walked to the bar got served, a man standing beside me was getting very annoyed and i gave up and walked away.perhaps if the bar staff did less fancy twirling with bottles and used better bottle openers they might get to serving the customers quicker. A quarter of my split was spilled and i noticed that happening to others as well, also free pouring is never a good idea. my rant over I did really like everything about the hotel, we had a lovely evening meal and breakfast.

1  Thank dublinbid

Dear dublinbid,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the gibson hotel. I am delighted to read that you mostly enjoyed your stay however I am disappointed some aspects of your stay wasn't to the standard of the hotel. I have shared your review with all the team and they are as disappointed as me that you didn't enjoy your entire stay. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Gibson hotel when a group of around 20 of us were visiting on a weekend trip from Belfast.
Hotel is clean, modern and there staff are very friendly. I will definitely return on my next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed: November 2013
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Logen_Ninefingers,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to review your stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay with us was a good one, and will make sure that all of the team get to see your great feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Dublin.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a show over at the 02. Very warm welcoming from reception staff seemed friendly and efficient. Went to have a meal in the bar but was advised by a manager in the queue that they where running some sort of christmas market (which at first we doubted but went for anyway) when we got to the receptiin desk we were greeted my paul who explained how it worked and took the time to give us a tour which we taught was very helpfull as we were in doubt further more he went out of his way to make sure the kids where happy by giving them some marshmallows and colouring utensils. The food was very taste full and plenty of selection only criticism is it could have been warmer

All in all had a great stay and would definitly reccomend it!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear corkcuple,

I am glad to read that your stay with us delivered in all areas! It's especially nice to be able to share such positive comments with the team, rest assured all will be seen, as all are avid readers of the comments posted here!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at the Gibson for two nights recently and was very impressed with everything. Friendly efficient staff at Check in.Lovely room with a great bathroom, everthing is very modern and clean.Lots of little extras such as complimentary mulled wine and mince pies!! Breakfast is buffet style, nicely presented,good choice,but could have been hotter.Luas stops outside the hotel and takes you to the city centre in a few minutes.The O2 arena is within walking distance. Lots of parking adjacent to the hotel (14 EURO PER DAY). This hotel just as such a nice feel to it. Will be staying again.

Dear nurseyMayoIreland,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your stay at The gibson Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the service you experienced was outstanding. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be in a convenient location for you. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The gibson Hotel.