“Will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Naas, Kildare, Ireland
“Will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed in The Gibson on New Years Eve and found it to be a lovely hotel, The Room was spacious and I LOVED the shower! I loved having a balcony and blinds with it's control on the wall, in the morning after a late night the room was lovely and dark! The staff were lovely, warm and friendly, even though it was New Years Eve and they were working they were very good humoured and helpful! The big thing for me was how quiet it was! I am a very light sleeper and am usually awoken early in hotels by banging doors! Now maybe this was due to people sleeping later due to the night that was in it but whatever the reason, I loved it! I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Tina O,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we offer. I have shared your feedback with the team.

Please do come back and see us soon.

Manager On Duty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Had a lovely stay at this hotel with family members. Room very comfortable and all fittings stylish. Enjoyed the architecture of all the courtyards, created a very relaxed atmosphere. Don't forget to check out the relaxation area on the 5th floor!
Great location with the Luas immediately outside and taxis are quick to pick up.
Excellent venue if going to a show in O2, there was extra security checks on check-in and when returning to the hotel after the gig.

Room Tip: Ask to sign up for relaxation area on check in.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mexic07,

I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words about your recent stay at The gibson Hotel. I was so glad that we met you and your families expectations. I am delighted that you found the architecture of the courtyard's delightful and provided a relaxing atmosphere during your stay.

I have shared your review with the rest of the team here at the hotel. Please do come and visit us again soon where I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.

Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Had a really nice stay with the family in November. We were welcomed by extremely friendly check in staff and received interconnecting rooms as requested. The rooms were large, modern, clean and comfortable. We had breakfast, dinner and room service which were all very good too. The only surprise was that they did not have a babysitting service of any kind. We were advised to look for a babysitter on the internet. I would still recommend this hotel but I think those with kids should know.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear dochogan,

I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words about your recent stay at The gibson Hotel. I was so glad that we met you and your families expectations. My apologies we weren't able to facilitate your baby sitting needs, it is a service that we currently do not provide however it is something we will be looking to introduce.

bangor co down
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here as part of a concert deal.
Agatha Christies ,mousetrap evening meal and bed and breakfast.
Super hotel with very friendly staff.
Great meal with the nicest burger I ever had.
Not a steak lover but it looked great on next table.
Great breakfast with great choice of full Irish or healthy options.
Thanks for great stay.
This was our second time staying.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear bigbuzzBangorCoDown,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us. On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did.

Your words are very kind, are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.
I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Visiting Dublin for Jay Z concert at the O2 and had booked into this hotel as it was relatively near! Well, I couldn't have got any nearer if I'd tried....it was directly facing the O2 across a pedestrianised area where the trams stopped. Hotel itself is very modern and really nice. Didn't spend long in the hotel itself due to only being there overnight for the concert but what I saw I liked and would definitely return to this hotel the next time I am in Dublin.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear LMC07,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel in Dublin. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotels proximity to the O2 arena perfect. I have passed on your kind words to the team and I am sure they will be delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please do come back and stay soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Some say Gibson is a multi millionaire living on the top floor of the hotel and no one knows exactly who he is or what he does.

Maybe I'm thinking of something else...

Anyway the hotel is great for a few simple reasons.

1) Location - near the O2 (few stops away from main shops/pubs/restaurants. Also there is a cinema below the hotel itself)

2) Transport - Luas is just outside the door.

3) Comfort - The entire hotel itself is modern with a touch of class and the rooms have everything you need to relax. Shower, TV, comfy big bed and of course Room Service (which was handy when I 'needed' a brownie at 1am.

4) Hospitality - The staff were very nice and I was greeted with a smile and a handshake.

I'm sure there is a few more things I'm forgetting but overall it was a pleasant experience. Would return again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich3248
Dear Rich3248,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback of your stay at The gibson Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you were impressed with the hotel, the location and the service we provide. We take great pride in our service here at The gibson Hotel and it gives me great pleasure to know that you experienced our excellent treatment.

Thank you for choosing The gibson hotel as the only place to stay in Dublin. I am not aware of the multimillionaire staying here on the floor perhaps it is someone else you were thinking off.

I hope to welcome you again to The gibson Hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Overall a nice hotel. We had to switch room due to a lot of noice from a nightclub in the basemanet, but the desk was helpful. Good breakfast, and easy access to the city center with the Lucas (right by the hotel entrance).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Morten F,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. We take great pride in our TripAdvisor status and are very thankful for anyone that takes the time to let us know what they loved and what we can do better. Your feedback is what makes us continue to grow and serve you better.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your kind words to the team. Please do come back and stay soon.