“Excellent hotel with great service.”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here in February for the Wales Ireland rugby game and would definitely stay here again. It took approx 20 minutes to walk to centre of Dublin, you can walk along the river which is a lovely route. For those in a rush or not wanting to walk so much, tram is right outside the hotel and runs every 5 minutes. The walk to the stadium was about 25 minutes which on a fine day was ideal. The staff were very friendly and for an extra 10 euro per person you can have an excellent buffet breakfast. Rooms were modern and airy, slightly on the warm side but not unbearable. Hotel bar was great and prices on a par with any of the pubs. The gym was really of a high standard with each piece of equipment having their own TV screen. The relaxation area was excellent too. Have already looked to see if we can book when we go back in two years but dates not available yet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Sun1UK,

I am delighted to read that you chose to stay at the gibson hotel during your recent trip to Dublin to see Wales take on Ireland in the 6 Nations. I hope you enjoyed the match. Thank you for sharing your experience of the hotel with the tripadvisor community. I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found all the staff to be very friendly.

I hope you will choose the gibson again on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Confort rooms, big beds, warm atomosphere in a modern decoration. Wifi was free and good conection, Lounge bar has a good offer and at reasonable prices. Location is not right in the city centre, but well communicated with the Luas, and just about €25 to the Airport - 15-20 minutes- by taxi.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear gamonedo,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the gibson hotel on your recent trip to Dublin and for sharing your experience with us and the trip advisor community. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the rooms to be comfortable with big beds.

I hope you will come visit us again soon when you are next in Dublin.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have stayed in The Gibson Hotel four times now and I would gladly return over and over.
The staff are amazing and will do all they can to help.
The food is fantastic, plenty of it, full of flavour & presented beautifully.
We have stayed in four different rooms and all four were comfortable, spacious & relaxing.
It is located perfectly, close to the city but far enough out to avoid all the hustle bustle.
Would gladly recommend to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Barbara C,

I am delighted to read that after 4 stays with us, the standard we have set has remained and you have enjoyed all your stays with us. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us, It really is satisfying when guests keep coming back to us because they have enjoyed their previous stays.

Your review has given the entire team a big lift as we are always striving to keep all our guests happy. We look forward to your next stay with us which I am sure you will enjoy.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed there valentines night for a well worth price of 175 it was well worth the money because it is a gorgeous hotel and me my girlfriend her sister and her boyfriend ate at ur lovely coda restaurant and I really Wana say this but I've never felt so comfortable from your waiter Daniel he made us feel so welcome he is a very nice lad I would recommend this hotel to any1 I'd like to thank Daniel for making us so welcome and having the laugh with us I think he might remember us cause we had a great laugh

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Glennquinn,

I am delighted to read that you and your girlfriend had an enjoyable stay with us and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is even more pleasing to read that Danny was able to make your dinning experience in our Coda eatery the more special. Danny is a credit to the department and the hotel and its really is a delight to be working with him and all the team here at the hotel.

I hope you will come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Bedrooms slightly larger than normal. Very clean and modern.
Arrived by car at 4:00 on Friday afternoon and parked in the car park attached to the hotel. We just parked up for our entire stay, leaving at 11:00 on Sunday morning. The total cost was €28. The front desk will validate your tickets and take payment. You dont need your car to visit Dublin from here. The tram leaves right outside the front door and takes you to OConnell St in a few minutes. We walked back from Grafton St one evening taking about 35 minutes. It was a very easy walk, being all on the level, alongside the river. It was well lit the whole way. Effortless, friendly check in, comfortable rooms. The housekeeping was a bit hit and miss though. We as a party had 3 rooms. On the second day 2 of the 3 rooms were never touched, even after being told, leaving us to use wet towels. The other room which had been made up requested dry towels after using the shower before heading out that evening. They never arrived.
The breakfast was really good, but the "hot" food was only lukewarm on both mornings. A little bit more heat would have made such a difference. The selection of breads especially the wheaten and the seeded brown one were really good.
Would I stay again, without doubt yes. This is a great hotel, but the housekeeping glitches need sorted out.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear BigJohnDeere,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us and the trip advisor community. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us however I am also disappointed to read that there were some areas of your stay that fell short of our high standards. I have discussed these issues with the accommodation department and I am sure this was an isolated incident.

I hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My sister and I just spent the night in this Hotel. It was such a treat. The interiors and art on display are v stylish, the building is fresh and modern without being too impersonal. The room was so comfortable and the staff very pleasant. We were in Dublin City in a matter of minutes as the Luas stops directly outside the hotel door... But by far the most pleasant surprise was the deliciously fresh breakfast and ease of checkout next morning ! (I also enjoyed the small but v new gym) Loved this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear murfci,

I am happy to read that your recent stay at the gibson hotel was an enjoyable one and thank you for sharing your experience of the hotel on trip advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed the fresh breakfast on offer as well as the ease of checkout the next morning.

I have shared your kind words with the team and they all join me in thanking you for such a glowing review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Manager on Duty

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Last night me and my boyfriend spent Valentine's night here for a special 175 Euros offer and have to say it was really worth it!! (1 night sleep plus three course meal for two, free two coctails on arrival, full irish breakfast and small sweet surprise in our room with free bottle of water) This place really impressed us and left a very good memories! Staff was extremely friendly, food in restaurant was really tasty and and nice served. Room was big and spacious, very modern nice decorated with a huge shower in a bathroom. It's only a pity we didn't have time to use a relaxation area which looks great and free access to all guests. We defo gonna come back there again and i would recommend to everyone!! Thank you guys for everything!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Atlantida1,

Thank you for choosing to spend valentines night with us at the gibson hotel and for sharing your experience on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that you and your boyfriend had an enjoyable stay and especially the treat in your room.

I am happy that the gibson has given you great memories and I hope you can make more on your future stays with us.