“A Great stay!”

Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“A Great stay!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed at The Gibson for a concert at The 02 recently and was really suprised how good it was. Nice and clean and with tremendous staff who really made us feel welcome. We were a bit concerned at the location for getting into the centre of Dublin, but there were pleantly of options and we were able to get around with no problem. Of course for a concert at The O2, you could not ask for a better location. Everything very modern and well designed, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear John A,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the gibson hotel on your recent trip to Dublin and for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to read you were pleasantly surprised to find out how good the hotel is. It really is great to be in close proximity to the 02 arena as it gives all our concert guest time to enjoy the food and beverage offerings of the hotel before heading to the concert.

I am happy that you found all the staff to be tremendous, we hope it isn't long until we welcome you back to the hotel again.

Manager On Duty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Because of the positive reviews on Tripadvisor we chose for The Gibson Hotel during our short visit to Dublin, and we are happy we did. The Gibson Hotel is just great, the staff is very friendly and helpfull, and the rooms are splendid. Also plenty busses and coaches from and to the airport.

Only returning from the city centre to the hotel later in the evening might be a bit scary, as the walk to the hotel is through a quite lonely neighbourhood, but you can also take the streetcar of even a cab.

After checking out the receptioniste allowed us to store our luggage until afternoon, so that we could visit downtown Dublin once more without having our trolleys with us. Good service.
We also had a bite in the Hemidemisemiquaver Bar, which was very good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teade77
Dear Teade77

I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests. I am very proud that the team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations.

As always I will be passing your kind words on to our great team. I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Manager on Duty
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Loved The Gibson! Came to Dublin for a concert and surprise 40th birthday party. The staff was AMAZING! Emma, Brid, Anna and Keenan were world class. Always had a smile, even when dealing with an annoying American who couldn’t figure out the voltage adaptor (me – speaking of that, you can buy one in a vending machine right in the hotel). Also had a great chat with Hubert at the bar. The hotel is very contemporary and the rooms are great. It is located on the last stop of the Luas light rail at the Point in the Docklands (literally outside the front door of the hotel). If I remember right, 7 euro will get you a round trip ticket in and out of downtown Dublin (12 minutes away). We also walked one night from downtown. To and from the airport, we took the 747 Airlink bus (10 euro round trip). If you’re going to a gig, the O2 Arena is 52 steps from the hotel. Just a brilliant hotel all around!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chad J,

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. Your words are very kind are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Dublin.

Wexford
Reviewed 3 March 2014

What was suppose to be a nice night away started with finding out that what was suppose to be a 4star hotel had no car park and when they told me there was a public car park I had to pay half price to park my car in because I was a guest you would imagine when you pay over 160 for a night stay the parking would have been validated for you. The check in desk was slow and unfriendly. The room I booked was a deluxe double room I have stayed in more deluxe travel lodges for a fraction of the price. The bed was hard and extremely uncomfortable. Myself and my partner attended a concert and after decided to have a drink in the bar to find the selection of beer was in my opinion poor a lot of exotic beers but no Budweiser either on tap or bottled. We were asked on arrival if we wished to use the relaxation area we were asked this after being charged for other stuff any other hotel wouldn't dream if charging you for so we quickly said no before the bill went higher. The staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. Yes it is a modern looking hotel. But if modern is a new way of saying cold and a rip off then it is modern. But give me old and friendly any day. The best thing I can say about the hotel is the obviously have a top notch chef even if the waiting staff let the dining experience down. I could not fault the door man that night by far the best member of staff polite friendly and very helpful the rest of the staff have a lot to learn from this gentle man

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kminchin
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Hotel is situated immediately across the road (50 yards) from the O2, so if you are going to a concert at that venue, this Hotel is ideal for you.

The Hotel itself is located in the Docklands/Financial district, in what can only be described as an area under development. The hotel is surrounded by a variety of commercial and residential buildings, but there are also vast areas of old, empty and derelict buildings interspersed by vacant building lots, so don't expect a lot by way of views from your room. I suspect that the landscape will be different in 5 years when the development is complete.

The Hotel is situated about 1.5 - 2 Kms outside the City Centre, but is well served by Taxis and the Luas (think modern electric tram) which stops immediately outside the front door of the Hotel. The return adult fare from The Hotel to Abbey Street stop (just round the corner from O'Connell Street) is 3.8 Euros, so if you are going to be there for a few days it might be cheaper to buy one of the week long tickets. You can buy the tickets at the machine situated at the Luas stop outside the Hotel.

As for the Hotel itself, it is light, airy and spacious and the accommodation is fairly large in comparison to other Hotels. The rooms are all non smoking, however, the room did smell as if someone had ignored this fact, and the Balcony was like an open ashtray, and I had to ask to have the large number of cigarette ends cleared away from the floor of the balcony. Apart from that the housekeeping was efficient and unobtrusive.

On arrival, the female receptionist appeared a bit disinterested and not very friendly. I did complain to her on the second day of the stay, that my wife and I had been wakened sometime between 10pm and midnight the night before by someone hammering on the door of our room (twice). She did indicate that the corridor security tape would be reviewed, however, I never saw her on duty again and no word was left as to the outcome. The good news is that it did not happen again.

My wife and I did not eat at the Hotel, but we did use the bar on one occasion and the staff were friendly and efficient.

Would I use this Hotel again? Probably not unless I was going to an event at the O2.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Doric1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us. My sincere apologies about aspects of your stay that weren't to the high standards of the hotel and thank you for letting us know. I will be sharing your feedback with the team so that we can make sure all the standards are maintained.

I do hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here on a sunday night for valentine weekend,this hotel is fabulous from the design outside to the interior inside,it has everything you could want in a modern hotel.from the moment you check there are lots of little free perks jars of sweets at check in,baskets of apples near your room,freshly made popcorn in the bar,food was lovly in the bar menu had a choice of everything but not to much to choose,ther,s also a 24 hour gym.right outside the hotel is the luas which will take to dublins capital city in less than 10 mins,or you can walk around the docklands and the ifsc area for bars and restaurants,or just do what we done and stayed in the hotel and enjoyed everything it has to offer.well worth value for money lf your looking to treat yourself and your partner to a special night in an exciting modern hotel.i have to say there are no low points to this review.will be going again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Paul S,

I was so happy to read your very kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that we exceeded your expectations especially with the facilities we offer. It is this service that also makes The gibson one of the best hotels and the team we have that deliver it. I have passed on your comments to them already.

I hope that you will come and stay with us once again in the near future.

Switzerland
Reviewed 28 February 2014

As a seasoned traveller I've spent my share in business hotels in major European cities.
The Gibson is a modern, airy hotel with lots of space and room, yet manages to convey a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Staff were friendly throughout, be that at reception, when passing by or while enjoying breakfast.
The breakfast buffet wasn't overwhelming in terms of selection but decent enough, ranging from hot to cold and from savory to sweet, with excellent bread, porridge, eggs, beans, sausages, etc., croissants, fresh fruit, jogurt, juices, jam, butter, cheese, ham ... the usual.
The hotel room was really large, and the high ceiling gives it a pleasant and airy feel. I do admit that I love it when there are a lot of surfaces to spread my out my paper work and belongings.
I slept like a baby in that bed!
Free Wifi worked like a charm.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Tirza11,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your stay at The gibson Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the service you experienced was outstanding. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here and I am sure they will all look forward to welcoming you back to The gibson Hotel soon.