“Has been better”

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Has been better”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner and a drink in the hemidemisemiquaver bar last night. Have previously had dinner in this bar but was about 1 yr ago.

Very uninspired experience
Staff were very nice. It was my birthday so when we ordered desert my brownie came with a candle and the obligatory sing song.

The menu is very limited. A few starters and a few mains. I went for the Thai curry which was tasty enough but looked like a skin was starting to form on it when it was first brought out.

2 other people in my party ordered the chicken tempura which looked a bit under cooked.

Desert was tasty. Good brownie and ice cream.

Bill came to €120 for 4 of us.

I won't be rushing back

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Paul N
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Paul N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give us your much appreciated feedback.

I was sorry to read that your experience was not in line with our normally high standards and you felt the food on this occasion was not up to standard.

I have made our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager aware of your review and they will be working closely with their teams to make sure our high standards do not slip again.

I was glad to read that the staff were friendly during your visit and I sincerely hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Gibson at some stage in the future.

Many thanks once again for your feedback.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here for one night as we were going to olly murs concert in the o2 really enjoyed it the staff were very friendly the food was great the room was so up to date and really comfortable felt very sad couldnt stay longer will definetely return

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Christine w,

Thank you for taking the time to give us the feedback on your stay, I was delighted to read your review.

I was so glad to see that your stay was so enjoyable, that you enjoyed the food and that you found the staff friendly.

Hopefully the next time we have the opportunity to welcome you back it will be for a little longer.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

one word ...................... class in all areas !perfect location , perfect staff ! perfect price x, cleanliness to highest standard , highly recommened , i have had family members also stay there and 1st class

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear rhonda186600,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your review. I was delighted to read that your stay was perfect.

We are very proud of our standards here at the gibson and I am so glad that the team delivered these perfectly during your stay.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the gibson again soon. Thanks again for your feedback.

Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

So easy to drive to and find!!
Straight off the Toll Bridge, round one round about, third on the left and your into the underground car park!!
Very open plan modern hotel, rooms clean and comfortable, tea/coffee kettle and fridge.
Balcony, which although the view wasn't great, I was more than happy as I could smoke on it!!
Just across from the O2 Arena, and right outside was the Tram stop.
We only had breakfast which we had brought to the room, and it was fine!!
All in all, I would definitely stay here again, great value for money, ooo, and a mention to the receptionist, sorry don't remember her name, blonde hair, foreign spoke excellent English, and was courteous and very helpful!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear loulygirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us to provide good value for money and convenient to find.

I have made the Front of House Manager aware of your kind comments regarding the reception team member- I believe it was Laura who helped during your stay and we are delighted that she provided you with great service during your stay.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the gibson again in the near future..

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here recently with friends. A wonderful experience! The rooms are very spacious and spotless. The food is very good. Although it is open plan,the relaxed ambience of the bar/cocktail lounge has to be experienced. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lisa369123,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback- I was delighted to read that you and your friends chose to stay at the gibson recently and such a good time.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere while you were in Hemi and we cannot wait to welcome you back to the gibson hotel again soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Booked the upgraded executive room as I wanted to have a larger room, the air con did not work and heated the room up. The air con must have been in excess of 25-30 c as it was getting sweaty. Outside temp at night 5c day time 14c. So not hot..

The deputy manager or duty manager moved us to another room and compensated us for the move with 2 breakfasts. For one day.. We were staying for 2 days but that's fair.

After we settled in to the new room the manager came and told us we would be refunded as this was not an exec room... .

The air con was fine, up until late at night. This meant I was woken up as it was extremely hot and had to open up the balcony windows. However you can't keep them open as it is free access to all other room from there.

Room down graded, that has never happened to me ever... And it's not here's a down grade have a free nights stay. We get no compensation. If I knew the air con didn't work in second room I would have left straight away.

Breakfast not particularly good quality. But that's what happens when it's not cooked to order. Also some food off... The fresh pineapple had been put on top of the old pineapple. Wish I had taken a photo but one piece was yellow and the other peach colour.

A few other guests complained about the rooms too. And many if them left balcony doors open even though it's a personal security risk. Obviously all too warm. Would not recommend staying at this hotel. Staff are nice lovely, but if they can't manage the basics or here's a good nights sleep, it's not worth staying. All style no substance.

Check out fast but no one asked me how was my stay.

Also rooms not clean. They look clean but I don't expect to find some ones hair in the bed other then my own.

Once again... Avoid. 2 sleepless nights stay. If they offered me a free night I would be afraid to take them up on the offer as they might cook my up in the room

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank w l
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear w l,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am extremely disappointment to read that your experience wasn't an enjoyable one. We always try and deliver a high standard of service to all our guests and I am sorry your expectations were not met on this occasion.

I have passed on your comments with the management and we will be addressing the issues highlighted. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me on efsarpong@thegibsonhotel.ie.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Evans Sarpong
assistant guest relations manager
tipperary ireland
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for the first time in Gibson Hotel. We were attending a concert in Bord Gais Theatre. We really enjoyed our too brief stay . Our receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Room was very quiet. The only quibble we had was that the double bed was quite small . Breakfast had a wide choice of foods. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear fionnuala_7,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel in Dublin and for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your kind words to the team.

Please do come back and stay soon.

Kind Regards,