“Must Eat!! Must Meet!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Must Eat!! Must Meet!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were planning on heading to the cinema and decided to pop to the Gibson hotel before hand for a spot of food. The film was starting at 9 and we were there for 7pm, we finally walked out at around 11 or so, as it was just an amazing experience!

The food was brilliant and the staff (we had Clare and a English guy) are great. We found ourselves, talking to the tables around us, which was spurned on by the staff. It's great for solo travellers to have the option to be engaged and brought into conversation, rather than just sat reading a book. The staff it seemed were actively promoting this, and also joining in. Me travelling a lot solo, really thought it was a great touch. Also as we were leaving (finally) along with our bill came an offer to call a taxi. Great service, great staff and great impression.

More trips to the Gibson I feel, hopefully we can make the film next time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kristian G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience in the restaurant.

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed the food, atmosphere, service and conversation during your visit. I really appreciate your kind words regarding the service Jemal and I provided during your meal, I will be sure to flag this review to Jemal also.

We like to believe that we at the gibson create a welcoming atmosphere for all our guests and to read that you felt this came across was great!

Hopefully we have to opportunity to welcome you and your wife back to the Gibson again soon- perhaps after the movie next time?

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Portaferry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Gibson Hotel for the Status Quo concert last weekend. We had a very enjoyable stay, room was very modern, spacious, with a balcony. Had booked a meal in the restaurant and it was delicious. Very well located for the concert - overall a very enjoyable overnight stay and I would definitely recommend to anyone and will hopefully stay in the Gibson again very soon. Special thanks to Clare for all her help.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear catriona2014,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that your room and meal were to your liking.

We are in the perfect location for concert goers and I was happy to see that you found the location convenient and that you had an enjoyable night.

I have highlighted your review with Clare, who was delighted to have helped during your stay.

We hope to see you again at the gibson soon.

Evans Sarpong
Assistant Guest Relations Manager
Gore, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here for one night and I wish we had more time to stay here. Rooms were lovely and spacious and clean! Had an amazing sleep here. The hotel felt very tranquil. Hotel staff were lovely and friendly. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear KDB14,

I was very happy to read the review of your recent stay at the gibson hotel, I was so glad to read that your experience was a relaxing one and that you had a great night's sleep.

Hopefully on your next visit you will be able to stay with us a little longer. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bray, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for wet wet wets concert. We had a beautiful stay rooms were perfect very modern and spotless. Shower was Amazing and huge. Breakfast was fab! Lots of lovely food to choose from. Got to meet the band also as they were staying here. Can be a bit pricey for a stay but well worth the money. The staff are a credit to this hotel very friendly and welcoming. Will defo return

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Dizzydee07,

I was so pleased to read your review, that you for taking the time to share your experience.

I was happy to see that you had a beautiful stay, that you room was spotless and that you enjoyed your breakfast experience- also great that you got to meet the band!

I'm delighted that the team were friendly and welcoming during your stay and I have highlighted your feedback to them.

I'm glad that you will definitely return to the gibson and hopefully I will have the chance to meet you soon.

Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We Spent three nights at The Gibson over Easter weekend with 2 teenage grandchildren and really enjoyed our stay, rooms are well furnished and spotless, large bathrooms with excellent showers, all the staff members we met were extremely professional and helpful. We ate one night in the bar (Good Friday as a lot of places in the city are closed) and, although the menu is a little restricted, the food is of a high standard and reasonably priced. The hotel is situated in an area currently under redevelopment and some of the surrounding areas are pretty untidy but this should not be a factor in staying here as it's a relatively short walk to the city centre and public transport including the excellent tram system operate virtually from the front door. We would highly recommend the Gibson and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kendo65,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Gibson hotel.

I was delighted to read that you and your teenage grandchildren enjoyed your stay and that your room provided you with enough space. We pride ourselves on our accommodation standards and I was glad to see that your found the cleanliness and facilities to your liking.

I was also glad to read that you found the gibson team extremely professional and helpful and that the food was to a high standard.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the gibson again soon.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Every tiny detail was thought through and perfect. I can't recommend this hotel and its staff enough. They even leave tiny little notes everywhere with quotes.
It's a quirky, clean, environmentally friendly hotel and I will definitely be staying here every time I'm in Dublin.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear charliahunt,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Gibson and you liked our quirky little touches, such as the post-it notes.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the gibson for your next trip to Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner and a drink in the hemidemisemiquaver bar last night. Have previously had dinner in this bar but was about 1 yr ago.

Very uninspired experience
Staff were very nice. It was my birthday so when we ordered desert my brownie came with a candle and the obligatory sing song.

The menu is very limited. A few starters and a few mains. I went for the Thai curry which was tasty enough but looked like a skin was starting to form on it when it was first brought out.

2 other people in my party ordered the chicken tempura which looked a bit under cooked.

Desert was tasty. Good brownie and ice cream.

Bill came to €120 for 4 of us.

I won't be rushing back

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Paul N
Dear Paul N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give us your much appreciated feedback.

I was sorry to read that your experience was not in line with our normally high standards and you felt the food on this occasion was not up to standard.

I have made our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager aware of your review and they will be working closely with their teams to make sure our high standards do not slip again.

I was glad to read that the staff were friendly during your visit and I sincerely hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Gibson at some stage in the future.

Many thanks once again for your feedback.