- first stop on bus 747 route - only 15 minutes or so from the airport.
- modern hotel, with spacious rooms, in a developing area (Dublin port). Approx. 10 minute tram ride from the city center.
- nice little touches: flowers to take to your room, very friendly staff, books to read throughout the hotel, poetry notes on the mirror.
- free, fast, and actually working! WiFi.
Why not 5 stars?
The work area desk seems too tall for the (not adjustable) chair next to it and the phone can't be placed next to it (it's by the bed, and the cord is too short). Also phone has no speaker or mute button - i.e. difficult for extended business conversations.
Overall, very positive first impression of Dublin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and understated with a music pedigree that runs deep, the gibson hotel Dublin is the ultimate urban retreat. Music lovers, art junkies, food fanatics - whatever your passion it's right on our doorstep. We do sleeping, meeting, dining, gigging, touring, wedding and relaxing really really well. We mix all these things with a fresh, energetic, slightly off centre approach and we know it works. Exhibitions, supporting local artists, urban weddings and the odd celebrity are elements of what makes us different to the normal Dublin Hotel. You will find our staff friendly, responsive and happy - there is a secret to this that we can't possibly share. The gibson hotel is the ideal location to explore the city and planning your stay is easy. The M1 and M50 are 8 minutes away via the Port Tunnel and we have ample covered parking for our guests. With the luas stop right outside our front door Connolly train station is only 8 minutes away and Heuston train station is a short 20 minutes from the hotel. The Luas will take you to the City centre in 10 minutes or if you prefer to take in the views of the River Liffey a brisk 15 minute walk along the quays will bring you to O'Connell street, the heart of Dublin city. Great beds, 100MB complimentary WiFi, a gym, relaxation area, restaurant, bar and meeting space are all part of the deal. The gibson hotel is modern yet comfortable, it's different and it's better, it's large, it's friendly and it's a building that is alive with great people from the moment you set foot until the moment you leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Gibson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.