The Gibson Hotel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$208
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$187
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. George(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$245
US$262
US$220
4,929 results
All reviewspoint villagecity centrerelaxation areamodern hotelport tunnelgreat hotelconcert goersluas stoptram linebar foodthird floorexecutive roomenjoyable stayfollowing morningwould highly recommend this hotelhotel barvisiting dublin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Advantages:
- first stop on bus 747 route - only 15 minutes or so from the airport.
- modern hotel, with spacious rooms, in a developing area (Dublin port). Approx. 10 minute tram ride from the city center.
- nice little touches: flowers to take to your room, very friendly staff, books to read throughout the hotel, poetry notes on the mirror.
- free, fast, and actually working! WiFi.

Why not 5 stars?
The work area desk seems too tall for the (not adjustable) chair next to it and the phone can't be placed next to it (it's by the bed, and the cord is too short). Also phone has no speaker or mute button - i.e. difficult for extended business conversations.

Overall, very positive first impression of Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefanek
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Stefanek,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found all the little touches around the hotel to your satisfaction. It is these little touches such as quirky notes and excellent guest service that makes the gibson hotel one of the best in Dublin.

My apologies the work desk was taller than the chair, perhaps on your next visit we will be able to put an adjustable chair in your room. I have shared your kind words with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Yes never been said before but yes PERFECT.
i booked this hotel because it was near the port as i had an early ferry to catch , what a shame i could not have stayed longer, from the moment i arrived the staff were first class, what a nice change to find staff who actually enjoy there job !!! as hosts perfect as efficient team members first class, i had traveled by large van & they even arranged parking in the loading bay for me , Im not easily impressed so my comments here are honest Well done Mr or Mrs Manager you are doing a great job

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BernieH888
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear BernieH888,

I am delighted to read that your Stay with us was PERFECT and thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the gibson hotel on tripadvisor. All the team here always try and go the extra mile for all our guests and I am extremely happy that your stay didn't disappoint. I have shared your lovely review with all the team here and we hope next time you will be able to spend more than a night in the hotel.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night as it was close to Grand Canal theatre. We travelled from Drogheda so used the Port Tunnel which spits you out right at the hotel, then parked in O2 car park .Overnight rate until 12pm is €14.
Receptionist very welcoming and efficient. The room was clean and modern ,some might say sterile as was the bathroom so all good then. The Luas is right outside the hotel so accessing the city is easy. On our return we tried the bar for a nightcap which was surprisingly busy but service was ok.
Next morning we had a very leisurely breakfast with Sunday papers , bliss.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GarFon,

I am delighted you and your wife chose to stay with us when attending a show at the Bord Gais theatre and I want to thank you for taking the time to post your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am happy that you found reception to be welcoming and efficient as well as the clean and modern room and bathroom.

All the team here work extremely hard to ensure that every guests experience the highest service possible during their stay and I am happy that you were able to enjoy this service. I have shared your kind words with all the team here and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

12th April 2014.
It's nice to stay at a hotel, that does what it says on it's advertising.
Right opposite the O2.
Good check in. Whilst waiting a member of staff said he would hurry things up and got us booked.
Said he knew our area,as he was from Tottenham, mind you we are about 30 miles away..Anyway,a special mention for him.
Rooms very modern, outlook not good, but not a massive problem
The Lewis tram right outside going into town. For 7 euro get a taxi.
The bar was really busy at night but for the staff it seemed no problem

If we go to a gig in Dublin again this is the place for us.
Try Harry's Bar, not sure if it's part of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear tthefourthcord,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your stay at The gibson Hotel. It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the service you experienced was outstanding. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be in a convenient location for you.

I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back to The gibson Hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for just one night to meet friends. Hotel is modern, clean and rooms are spacious and nicely done.

A short hop into the centre of dublin (tram right outside), just about walk-able too.

Staff all friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was ok, although some of the ingredients (sausages) were pretty low quality. Didnt eat in the restaurant so cant comment on that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear edwowen,

I am delighted you chose to stay with us here at the gibson hotel when meeting friends and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. I am glad you found the modern, clean and spacious rooms all to your satisfaction.

I am happy that you found all the staff to be welcoming and friendly however I am disappointed to read that your experience at breakfast wasn't to the highest of standards we aim for here. I have shared your review and feedback with all the team here and we look forward to your next visit.