“Nice hotel in decent location...”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at The Gibson for a couple of nights when on a city break in Dublin.

Location wise the hotel was fine, the airport shuttle stops on it's doorstep, and the trams going into the centre of town also stop right outside (two euros and about a five minute journey), fair walk from the centre once the trams stop running, but we managed to get a taxi back for under ten euros.

The room was spacious and very clean and comfortable, the fresh bottle of water each day is also a nice touch. The bathroom was lovely as well, nice walk in shower.

Staff were pleasant enough but I found it all a bit clinical, the reception wasn't overly welcoming, and it felt a bit like wandering into an office after the long journey up three escalators.

I would recommend it though, was nice not to be smack bang in the centre and I couldn't really fault the room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula_8181
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Paula_8181,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay in the gibson hotel. Your feedback is very important to our continuous development as it highlights the areas where we are performing well, and more importantly, areas which may require some improvement.

I was sorry to read that you felt our Recepetion area was unwelcoming, I have made the Front of House Manager aware of your experience at reception and we will work on making the area more welcoming to our guests- we are currently working on some touches to improve this.

I was however delighted to see that you found the staff friendly during your stay, that the cleanliness and spaciousness of your room was to your liking and that our location was convenient for your trip.

I hope that I will have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson in the the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Gibson Hotel

Reviewed 8 May 2014

A hotel with a sense of humour, style and charm. This new hotel is right opposite the O2 Arena in Dublin's Port district which at present is being revitalised but there's not much life here at the moment although the main town is 25 minutes' walk away. The building is fun, (first test is finding the reception which is on the third floor), I loved the life like sculpture of the Lamb reading the paper about the wool price. The rooms are generously proportioned, modern and with good facilities including free wifi. As its almost a desert outside, there are two places to eat within the hotel, the brassiere and the restaurant. The brasserie was very good with an attractive range of food, including Singapore and Asian noodles which were excellent. The only downside was the bar that served the most expensive ginger ale - which worked out at just under Euro 12 a pint. Next time I'll stick to beer. Despite that, I would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Sarah C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review, we appreciate all feedback that from our guests.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot in the area for now, however, the next time you visit please don't hesitate to ask our Guest Relations Team about the Luas service that stops right outside the hotel- this will bring you right into the city center in just 10 minutes.

I was so glad to read that you had fun during your stay, our sheep and pigs at reception do tend to get a lot of attention from our guests. I was also delighted to see that your enjoyed your dining experience and that the menu was to your taste.

Hopefully we have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson again soon.

Guest Relations Manger

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here recently along with friends. All I can say is well done to the Gibson staff and hotel. Wonderful establishment and lovely bedrooms. Breakfast was also top notch. Taxi in to temple bar was 9 euro so perfect to go out but yet not be in the hustle and bustle when you want to relax. Thanks

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Owen H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay in the gibson.

I was so glad to read that you and your party enjoyed your stay and that the team delivered a great level of service. I'm delighted you enjoyed breakfast and that you found our location suitable for your visit to Dublin.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just returned from a long vacation ending with 4 days in Dublin. The hotel is modern and quite lovely, however, we were taken aback when we first saw the area it was in. An industrial area, with some unsightly structures and muddy land, However, I would definitely stay there again as the room was great, beds comfortable, bathroom modern with a phenomenal shower, great service and the tram and airport bus right outside the hotel.

Po at the front desk checked us in and was very helpful during our stay. He even carried our luggage out to the bus stop for us.

We had lunch is the beautiful bar area that was great. Best fish and chips I have ever had.

I found everyone to be more than helpful and courteous.

The tram was right outside the door and it was the ending spot of the red line. Runs every 15 minutes. Easy trip to downtown Dublin. About 10 minutes. A great bargain for the dollar.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the vacant lot and it was very quiet. No view but for sleep great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear lincat60,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay in the gibson hotel.

There are some areas around the hotel that aren't as pretty as others but I have to say the view over the port fro, our terrace is one of my favorites in Dublin. We now also have a beautiful original work of art, painted by our artist in residence, Fin Dac, which has completely changed the look of the vacant lot beside us, you can see some pictures of this on our Facebook page.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and that Po in particular stood out . I have made his manager aware of your lovely comments and Po was delighted to have been of assistance during your stay.

Hopefully I will have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson again soon.

Guest Relations Manger

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a lovely, modern hotel in the Docklands and at the end of the Luas line. Easy to get to/from and 5 mins. from O'Connell St. Hotel is modern and has a trendy decor. Loved the rooms, loved the bar and the Asian inspired menu is EXCELLENT! Didn't feel the need to venture out for food or drinks. I would stay here again next time we are in Dublin!

Room Tip: not sure if there is a pool or spa? Lovely view of the Wicklow mountains from the balcony of our ro...

Dear Nancy W,

Many thanks for posting a review about your stay at the gibson.

I was delighted to read that you found the accommodation, decor and location to your liking and also that you enjoyed your dining experience in Hemi Bar.

Hopefully on your next visit you will have time to use our Relaxation Room which contains sauna, steam room and Japanese copper baths which you'll find on the 6th floor with some beautiful views. We also have a gym which is open 24 hours.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the gibson and thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had a lovely weekend staying at the Gibson Hotel in Dublin.

The Gibson is located at The Point in the Docklands, which is a 10 minute tram journey from the centre of Dublin. A modern and spacious hotel with lots of natural light from the large open garden spaces. The large rooms are full of amenities including a huge walk in shower with little touches such as a welcome guide that goes through all of the questions that you may have. Very well designed.

The one thing that the Gibson hotel excels at is the overall service - we were both particularly impressed by the front desk. We needed to post a package and this was no issue for them, spa information was swift and attentive and taxis were booked in the blink of an eye.

The only very minor gripes that we had were:
- the pillows were a little uncomfortable for us
- no vase for the complimentary flower, so we had to watch it wilt or use a water glass in the room.
- it was a bit of a task trying to get tea/coffee at breakfast before you'd finished your food. Would advise asking guests if they wanted drinks as they were seated.

Certainly nothing to deter a visitor!

Visitors should also be aware that there is an ODEON cinema underneath the hotel so if you're stuck on a rainy day you can go there.

Thank you very much Gibson team for such a pleasant stay, we will definitely be booking with you next time we visit Dublin.

Dear Nia J,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the gibson and give us your valuable feedback.

I was sorry to read that there were a few issues that prevented your stay from being perfect. I have highlighted the issues you experienced at breakfast with the Restaurant Manager who is working with the team to improve on this service problem.

I'm was so glad to read that you were particularly impressed with our Reception Team, I have passed on your kind comments and flagged your review with their manager also.

It was our pleasure to have you stay and I sincerely hope that your next visit will be sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Gibson recently for the first time.I had tickets for a concert in the O2 and this was the ideal hotel to stay in.We were checked in very quickly.Our room was bright and cheerful.Although the view is not the best I didn't expect nice scenery given the location.We didn't have dinner in the hotel but had breakfast which adequate and the staff were efficient and friendly.I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needed to stay in Dublin and planned on going to the O2

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear JacqDee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, we always appreciate feedback so we can continually work on improving our services.

I was delighted to read that you found our location suitable and that the staff were friendly and efficient during your stay.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the gibson again in the near future.