“Good quality hotel, great location for the city and convention centre.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Budapest, Hungary
“Good quality hotel, great location for the city and convention centre.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I used this hotel for a stay close to the convention centre and was impressed with the quality of the rooms, the helpful and friendly staff and convenient location. The location is 10 mins walk to the convention centre and with other parts of the city readily accessible. The room I was given was quiet, clean and modern, with plenty of plugs for device charging and a good wifi signal. The bathroom was fitted to a high standard with a rain shower type shower. The room had a large safe deposit box. I ate from the bar menu and this was good, although it would have been nice to be able to choose from the sandwich menu in the evening and not just have this restricted to lunch. Breakfast was buffet style, with plenty of choice. One overal observation was that in many areas, the hotel seemed to have selected slightly higher quality options (be it food choices, room fittings, etc) and this resulted in a higher enjoyment of the stay and was discernible. In conclusion, I would recommend this hotel and choose it again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear James N,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay with us was a good one and I will make sure that all of the team get to see your great feedback.
I Look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Dublin.

assistant guest relations manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for a few nights last week and was sad I had to leave. The hotel itself is very modern and comfortable. Great beds and WONDERFUL shower! The staff at the front desks were very helpful and pleasant. The location was perfect for us, it was very quiet being outside of the bustle of the city but close enough to walk into if you're up for it. We walked along the river a couple times to city centre and took the luas back. It was very convenient. Food in both dining areas were really good, only minor complaint is that we never knew who was waiting on us. Staff just seemed to wonder around until you flagged someone down. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and I hope I have the pleasure of staying at "The Gibo" (as our taxi driver called it) again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jennifer N,

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. Your words are very kind, are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.

I hope it is not too long before you return to the Gibo again.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The Gibson is a modern, well maintained and chic hotel experience. My room was large and nicely decorated, overlooking an internal courtyard so was very quiet. Wifi was fast and free and they gym, although small has plenty of cardio machines. Breakfast was buffet style with a large selection of choices for all.

Although the hotel is away from the main tourist spots, the luas (tram) runs from right outside the door.

I will visit again. Thank you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear wfi30,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we offer. I have shared your feedback with the team.

Please do come back and see us soon.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We picked the Gibson hotel simply form the internet and found that it was a terrific choice. Its outlook is modernistic and the rooms are clean and cozy with ours having doors that opens to a courtyard with green plants. It is only a short drive from the airport (we rented a car) and there seemed to be ample underground parking. While it is off the Dublin city centre, it is only a short ride along and across the river to reach the heart of town and all the attractions like Saint Patrick's and Christ Church Cathedral, Trinity College and Dublin Castle . It is also a convenient point to navigate to other places of interest like the Glendalough in Wicklow and Bru Na Boinne in County Mead and we stayed four nights and covered all the above with day trips in our rented vehicle. The Hotel's Hemi bar offered a good selection of food many with Asian flavour and we were impressed by what the chefs turned out. Breakfast selection was also reasonable. We will definitely opt for this hotel again if we ever come this way.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ricky Y,

I am happy you chose the gibson as your base when sightseeing around Dublin and Ireland and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am happy that you found the location of the hotel to your convenience.

The gibson hotel is easily accessible by the Luas as well as the buses to and from the airport which is ideal for all our guests. I am happy you were impressed with the hemi bar Asian themed menu and also found the breakfast selection all to your satisfaction.

I have shared your kind words with all the team here and if you are coming back this way again I hope the gibson will be your first stop.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Located in the Point Village area next to O2, handy for concerts and events or a stroll along the river for a morning/evening coffee. Away from the bustle of the city centre but with a tram stop out front for easy, quick access (or a 10/15 minute walk) as well as the airport bus drop off point.
Our room was on the Reception Level 3, opened onto a courtyard and was spacious and functional. WiFi worked well for emails, blogs and browsing on the iPhone. We were at the end of a month long trip from Australia and glad of the chance to relax a bit.
We ate in both the Hemi Bar and Coda Eatery and experienced excellent service in the Hemi Bar with added tourism tips and are now educated about Guiness!
Definitely come back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear wokabaut_meri,

I am delighted to read you chose the gibson hotel as your last stop on your trip and I am happy that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. Your review has given us all a huge boost as our ultimate aim is to ensure guests satisfaction throughout their entire stay.

I hope it isn't long until we welcome you back again.

Vilnius, Lithuania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Arrived to Gibson hotel at 2am sunday morning after 16 hours flight from Asia. Booked Gibson hotel about 5 days in advance agoda.com web.
And they told me that they dont have rooms left.
How i should feel 2 am in a morning after 16h on a planes that u need to go next hotel?
They booked Spencers hotel 5 min away from Gibson.
Next day when i cheak in Gibson i found bottle cheap wine in a room.
Worst experience in mine life time around world with this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Giedre u
Hale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

You know when you're not familiar with a hotel name and just expect a regular hotel experience, but you're then really blown away with lots of great little aspects of a hotel stay? That summarises my stay at The Gibson for me.

Access to this hotel from the airport is fantastic. I was told by my colleague to "take the bus" from the airport and I was expecting a gruelling bus / walk / stumble journey from Dublin airport to the hotel. Not the case at all ! The bus service is only 10€ return trip and it stops directly across the road from the hotel (the O2 arena stop). Super convenient, super affordable.

I really like the public space in the hotel. We held a seminar and the meetings facilities were excellent and very well managed. My only tip is to make sure you allow PLENTY of time to check the data projector as it's located in the ceiling and you need a huge ladder (or cherry picker) to reach or adjust the lens.

Back to the public space. Fantastically fast and reliable wifi (perhaps being located so close to O2 helps?) meant that I could work in a very comfortable environment, very productively.

The lobby menu was an Asian fusion, which I wasn't expecting but again, I was pleasantly surprised. The accommodation rooms are spacious and well designed, nothing to fault there.

Food tip: the soft shell crab and shrimp salad was deliciously complemented by the Stonewell cider (photos below).

Any bad marks? Just one. They ran out of a lovely craft cider (Stonewell Medium Dry Irish Craft Cider) but that means I'll have a good reason to stay at the Gibson next time I'm in Dublin.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor mean you can get to your room easily without waiting for a lift / elevator...