“Great sleep..”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here for one night while attending a conference at the hotel.
Travelling there is easy on the Luas tram. I had a great night's sleep with a room that was not too hot as some hotels may be and the soundproofing is excellent. No external noise even though the hotel was very busy. Breakfast was lovely, especially nice fresh fruit salad, breads and good coffee.
The only reservation I would say is related to a frosted glass window which leaves light come through from the bathroom to the bedroom. Perhaps a dimming facility could sort that out?

I would stay here again and would recommend the hotel for a city stopover.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear WillowsGoleen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay at the gibson, we really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to see where we are performing well and where we can make improvements to our service.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay especially your quiet night and breakfast. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the window in your room, I have noted this for further consideration when we make any room improvements in the future.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,799)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights for a combination of city break and conference. Good quality wifi in rooms as well as public areas
Great modern hotel with lots of nice little quirks
- housekeeping pop a post-it note on your bathroom shaving / make-up mirror each day with a quote from a famous Irish writer
- collect a small vase of fresh flowers from reception (FOC) to brighten up your room
- random bits of interesting modern art lurk around every corner

Its a bit out of the way - unless you're going to something that's on at the O2 - but the Luas (red line) finishes outside the hotel so its easy to get into the city

Only negative feedback (that I gave as I checked out) is its really hard to close the bedroom curtains. They're heavy and full length and you feel like you're swinging on them to get them to move. Last thing I wanted was to end up pulling them down!

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor - nice & quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear juxybabe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the gibson hotel.

I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the little touches such as the bloom your room and post-it notes.

Thank you for making us aware of the problem you encountered with the curtains, I have highlighted this feedback with our maintenance team and hopefully we will have a solution to this soon.

Hopefully I will have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson hotel very soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from a weekend visit to Dublin and have to say what a great hotel the Gibson is, fully living up to the high praise reviewers have given it. It is located in the docklands area of the city, opposite the O2 arena, so could be very busy if a gig is taking place during your stay, so may be worth checking when planning a visit. The Luas tram terminus is also found here, so transport to downtown Dublin is easy, around 10 minutes and costs €3.70 for a return ticket.

Initial impressions of the Gibson was very good, a modern glass and steel external structure with a chic and modern internal décor, very nice indeed. Staff are really excellent, being very friendly and attentive, from the moment we arrived and the genuine warm welcome we received, through to when we left, nothing was too much trouble.

Our room (526) was very good, with a large comfortable bed, seating area with a couple of chairs and plenty of storage space, bathroom fittings were of a high quality, and a fantastic shower. The only negative I found in the room, and it is only small, was that as the rooms are very high and the curtains did not have closing arms, so you had to revert to standing on the chairs to ensure they were fully closed. I make this point as I need a really dark room to sleep, and I think it is inappropriate to stand on hotel furniture, even with no shoes on.

Breakfast was buffet style with all you would expect from a high class hotel, so if you chose the continental option or full Irish, you will not be disappointed. Prices in the bar were about average for Dublin, and quality of the beers on tap were good, did not try the Guinness, decided to keep that for the trip around the brewery. We ate in the restaurant on the Saturday evening, no complaints at all, all four of us going for the €30 offer, this was any two dishes and a glass of wine from the whole menu. Not the choice of a few dishes and a cheap glass plonk thrown in, as one tends to find in other establishments.

All in all, an excellent hotel, spotlessly clean, fantastic staff with a great modern interior. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Wafto

Dear Wafto,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the gibson hotel.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay so much, that your room was comfortable and your party enjoyed your breakfast and dinner experience. I was especially delighted that the team were warm and welcoming to you during your stay.

I have made our maintenance team aware of the difficulty your experienced with the curtains and we will look into improving this.

I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Lovely hotel, beds are soooo comfy brilliant nights sleep.
Hotel is right next to the tram stop which is a lovely bonus.
Breakfast was very nice to.
Checking in they couldnt find our room which i had to show an email confirmation to prove it.
Overall great hotel would stay here again

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the docks wud be a nicer room to ask for..although not guaranteed as i never...
1  Thank j21aky
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear j21aky,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. We take great pride in our tripadvisor status and are very thankful for anyone that takes the time to let us know what they loved and what we can do better. Your feedback is what makes us continue to grow and serve you better.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked this hotel as a gift for my husband after getting tickets to a gig in the O2. You can't get closer accommodation if you are at a concert there as its literally across the courtyard. The hotel is beautifully decorated, very modern-minimalist but with all you would expect from a classy hotel - very clean, the rooms were well insulated so you couldn't hear anything going on in adjacent rooms of the hallway and the food was very tasty. There was a bit of an issue with finding our way into the hotel from the car park as the direct route was out of order and there were signs stating this but not instructing which way to go but we managed to find our way. The dinner was very good, the food was delicious and hot and the servings were a very good size. Breakfast was a little disappointing as it was a buffet and when we arrived nearly every item was nearly empty so the refill service was lacking but perhaps it was our timing. We did need to ask three different people for toast so the service could do with a little improvement. I did find it quite expensive and wouldn't be going again but it was nice for a treat.

Room Tip: If you're splurging, go for a room with a balcony. Its a beautiful view if you get a nice day.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JadisinIreland

Dear JadisinIreland,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was delighted to read your kind comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel along with your constructive feedback regarding breakfast which we have taken on-board fully.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed for two nights in this modern hotel and we were impressed by the comfortable rooms. Very good beds and a lovely shower. The splendid service.made our stay more than pleasant
Breakfast was delicious. Dinner was good.
The location is perfect: the tramway to the city is just in front of the hotel.
We would highly recommend this hotel ad hope tobe back one day.

Suzanne and Cilia

1  Thank Suzanne C

Dear Suzanne C,

I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests. I am very proud that the team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to our great team.

I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I regularly visit The Gibson Hotel for food and drink and the selection is excellent - delicious food in a home-cooked style.

The service can be slow at times but worth a meal if you are in the area!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DieselIE

Dear DieselIE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your dinning experience of the gibson hotel on tripadvisor. It is always great to read such positive feedback from guests that have enjoyed their meals here and I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the chefs.

I look forward to your next visit to the hotel.