“Stylish”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a styish, modern and new hotel. I liked the location, but it might be a little out of the way for those who want night life. It is close to the quay and a nice place for a run. Only short trip on the light rail at the front of the hotel to city centre. Rooms were spacious, well appointed and we had a lovely balcony (but it was a little cool to use it). Food was OK (my son liked the room service and we ate several times at the bar) but could be better. The public areas are impressive and comfortable. I really liked the ambience of the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Platycercus2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay in the gibson.

I was so glad to see that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us, particularly that you found the hotel so comfortable and our location suited you.

Hopefully the next time we see you it will be a little warmer and you can enjoy the balcony more!

Thank you once again for you review.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

While the Gibson is on the outer edge of "walking distance" and maybe just too far for a walk at night, the accommodations are beautifully modern and our rate was very competitive. Best to access downtown Dublin from the light rail/train that stops right outside the hotel, on a crisp morning you can still walk to where the nightlife is (if you're wearing a pedometer, consider it a plus). We were able to store our bags with no difficulty and when the room was ready, we were VERY impressed. Comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom, and couldn't really ask for anything more. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasDaveYeehaw

Dear TexasDaveYeehaw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the gibson hotel.

I was happy to read that you so impressed with your room and that you found your bed so comfortable. I was also delighted that you found our rates competitive and you found the Luas convenient during your stay.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay at the Gibson, myself and my partner stayed in the executive suite and it was really spacious, had a huge terrace over looking the point village. The room was really modern and spotlessly clean. Staff were very helpful, food was delicious and room service was excellent. We didn't want to leave.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear GalwayGaga12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the gibson hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience so much and the the executive room was to your liking. I was also so glad to see that the team were so helpful and that you enjoyed your dining experiences.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back again and hopefully for a bit longer the next time!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I recently won a one night stay here through 2fm for an event in the O2. I honestly could not find one fault from entering to leaving this hotel. If has lovely modern rooms and restaurant/bar. It is literally a 30 second walk from the O2 which is great. I will gladly return here.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Trev1986,

I really appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review about your recent visit to the gibson hotel.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your experience here and that you would gladly return again.

I trust that you enjoyed your night in the o2 also and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great hotel. Very modern and stylish. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Not too impressed by the restaurant, but it was OK. Nice bar area. SPA on the 6th floor with sauna which was a pleasant surprise. Also a gymnasium.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anita W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay in the gibson.

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy the restaurant- I would appreciate any further feedback you might have about this in order to help us improve.

I was however delighted to read that this did not impact too much on your stay and that you enjoyed your breakfast experience, the bar and that you found the staff here friendly. I was also glad to see that you had time to enjoy the Relaxation Room and Gym during you stay.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding the restaurant, you can reach me on my direct email: cmcgreevy@thegibsonhotel.ie or by calling the hotel on 018615000

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in early May. Everything was excellent from check in to the room, the bar, breakfast and check out. The hotel is located at the O2 venue but the LUAS tram stops directly outside so it has easy and quick access to the city centre.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Brendan E,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the gibson hotel on your recent visit to Dublin and for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. I am delighted to read that you were impressed with the service you received from checking in until checking out.

I have shared your kind words with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Evans Sarpong
assistant guest relations manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Quit a surprise to see such a modern building in the docklands. A great location next to the O2 Stadium and right on the tram line. Good proximity to the airport via the tunnel and the airport bus stops there. The hotel is very comfortable, great food and well laid out...a nice treat was fresh flowers in the lobby that guests could take one back to the room...nice touch!!

Room Tip: we liked our room looking over the inner courtyard...private and greenery below