“"We began our Ireland adventure at the Gibson and enjoyed every minute there.”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 21 June 2014

What a nice surprise to find the tram to downtown Dublin right outside our door! The small vase with flowers offered in the lobby added a nice touch to our lovely room. The staff was efficient and helpful. We ate in the bar and enjoyed the delicious choices from the Asian menu. A great place to unwind and relax after a busy day in the city. We recommend the Gibson to anyone staying in Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne M
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Wayne M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the gibson.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. I was especially glad to see that the staff were friendly and efficient and you liked the flowers to take to your room.

Hopefully you will be able to return to the gibson again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for The Gibson Hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The staff are effortlessly friendly, the service was next to none. The hotel itself was spotless. The prices is excellent for what you get and the transport is ideal. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone staying in Dublin

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank SabrinaAJ

Dear SabrinaAJ,

Thank you so much for taking some time to write a review about your stay in the gibson hotel.

I was so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay so much, especially that the team were so friendly and that you found the transport links so convenient.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the gibson in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The day we booked Bob Dylan tickets we booked to stay the night in the Gibson - first time here. What a lovely building from the outside, parking right at the back in a Multi-storey car park- €14 per night.- not bad for Dublin.

Hotel itself is quirky - bright, modern and Eco oriented. Reception staff lovely. Bedroom spacious, simply but stylishly furnished, bed very comfortable and nice large bathroom.

We had some Bar food. Served by lovely waiters. Yep it was a bit pricy, we were joined by our daughter - bill came to €130 approximately - did include a bottle of wine. Food was delicious with the exception Of the Green Thai Curry which looked very very oily with the chicken obviously having been picked from the bones. I didn't say anything as we were on a rare night out.

Now, my 2 niggles - you can't turn down the TV in the room past volume 5. I found this to be very loud in a lot of the stations and it was very loud in the bathroom. Niggle no 2 - we came back after the concert, my other half got me a G&T (I requested a Bombay Sapphire) and we sat out on the bar balcony admiring the view. I honestly couldn't taste the gin so I went up to the bar and told them. He said I had obviously put in too much tonic. I always use the full bottle with a measure of Bombay and enjoy it. I told him I wasn't happy and he turned to one of the supervisors also serving who just took up the glass, threw the contents down the sink, didn't look at me and said get her a new one. I wasn't very impressed with him. The second G&T wasn't any better with less tonic - I didn't even drink it!

Breakfast is a self serviced one. Lots of choice. Loved the fresh fruit. Only niggle here is the way the bacon was cooked - I hate it when they're all stuck together and not cooked properly.

Overall a really lovely hotel with lovely little areas to explore. Great location if you are going to the O2.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tamcf,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the gibson hotel. I trust that you had a good night at the Bob Dylan concert.

I was so sorry to read that your food and beverage experiences were so disappointing. I have flagged your review with our Food and Beverage Manager so he can work on the issues you mentioned with the team.

I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay at the gibson and hopefully we will have the opportunity to show you a better experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Whilst in Dublin for a concert decided to eat in Gibson Hotel as it was right beside O2.
Booked on line for a table in the bar area serving Asian style food only to find on arrival that the booking was for the restaurant. What a disappointment.
Menu was poor, poor selection & over priced. €18 for a small tasteless burger accompanied by a small mug of chips. Wife's vegetarian pasta was tasteless & not the pasta described on the menu.
Lovely vibe in hotel & waiting staff friendly but food poor quality & overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear alan-robinson12,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the gibson hotel. Feedback like yours is vital to our continuous improvement as it shows us what we are doin doing well and most importantly, where we need to improve.

I have highlighted your review with our Food and Beverage Mananger and the Head Chef who will be working closely with their teams to improve on the experience that you had. We do not take reservations in the bar, which serves the Asian menu however reservations are taken for Coda Eatery and I have made our marketing team aware of your experience to see it we can make this information clearer.

I am so glad however that you enjoyed the atmosphere and that you found the team in Coda friendly.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again to the gibson again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at the Gibson hotel during a company seminar in Dublin and loved my time there.

The hotel is really modern and beautifully designed. Rooms are big and hotel service is really good.

Don´t come to this hotel if you are planning to visit the city center. It is great for any business related trip, as most of the companies are very nearby, but it is a bit far from the most touristic attractions.

There is a tram literally in front of the hotel that makes everything really easy.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Cotermin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you thought the service here was really good.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the Gibson for two nights at the start of June, easy to locate, secure parking underground at a relatively reasonable price for a city.

Location is quite good, just out of town so nice and quiet but within metres of the O2 and on the Luas so easy access into the centre for a reasonable cost.

The key to this hotel is with the staff, from the moment we walked in to when we left we found the staff to be exceptional in their customer service.

The room was of a nice size, clean and comfortable although the trek to the room was quite extensive and confusing initially and could have done with a few more towels (this was rectified within minutes of making the request at reception, another example of exceptional service).

Excellent breakfast with a good selection of food.

We enjoyed the stay here and would definitely return, fantastic hotel run by fantastic people.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Whiskeywalker,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the gibson.

It's great that you found us so easily and that your room was comfortable. I have noted on your booking profile that we should try to allocated your room closer to the lifts in future.

I am so glad to see that you felt the gibson team delivered exceptional customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel itself is nice, the rooms are very nice and the staff are also nice. So as a whole, it is a nice 4 star hotel, however the food completely ruined my one night stay with the girlfriend. We went to the restaurant on the second floor and were served unbelievably below average food at quite a high price. If you plan on eating elsewhere then i would highly recommend this hotel.
However if a nice quiet night with a nice meal in a hotel is your aim, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alan F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay in the gibson hotel.

I was really sorry to read that your dining experience was not as you would have hoped and I have brought your review to the attention of the Food and Beverage Manager.

I am glad to see though that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and found your room comfortable and the team were so nice.