“Good decent hotel in an expensive city.”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #24 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here. 18 minutes away by air coach with air coach terminal outside hotel. Location is a bit far from city centre but can take LUAS from the point station to Abbey street station in 10 minutes and you are in the heart of dublin near o'cornell street, temple bar area and the river. The hotel is in an old industrial area that is undergoing redevelopment until the Irish economy collapsed leaving abandoned buildings and empty offices, so the area looks depressing. However, security is good and if you take the LUAS, you are only 50metres walk to the hotel entrance.

The rooms are very big for European hotel rooms and are well glazed unlike the old hotels in dublin centre and gave she-conditioning - something missing in most dublin hotels. The shower and toilets are good with excellent plumbing and plenty of hot water. Beds are comfortable and there is good attentive service from the hotel staff. If you are raking day tours outside of Dublin, you just take the LUAS to abbey station and walk 5 minutes to Gresham hotel, near the savoy theatre as this us the last pick up point for most tour groups. Thus enables you to gave a. Extra 20 minute sleep before taking your day tours. Hence good location to station yourself.

The only shortcoming was that the air conditioning was not that cool. Secondly, the location may be a bit depressing . Other than that , an excellent 4 star hotel at 80% the price of other dublin 4 star hotels in the town centre that us noisy, lacks air con and have lousy plumbing.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank mel7155
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear mel7155,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay in the gibson.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the comfort of your room and the convenient links to the city center. I am also delighted that you found the service the team provided to be attentive during your stay.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson again.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,852)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I used the Gibson as the main hotel for 30+ guests I had coming in from all over the world. Edele O'Reilly in Sales provided an excellent service and in particulr Alison Flanagan in Reservations was excellent, handling mutiple last minute changes and accommodating all requests. I would use the hotel for a corporate group booking again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Aoife2327,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with the gibson.

I was so glad to read that your event went well and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your colleagues back in the future.

I have flagged your review with Edele and Alison- thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Gibson is opposite The O2 in Dublin. So it is perfect if you going to see a show there. I stayed there for a conference. It is slightly out from the hustle and bustle of the Temple Bar area. However, the hotel itself is very good. I had a decent sized room, a very comfortable bed and a very good and delicious breakfast spread. The staff was also helpful. Free wifi as well. A lot to like.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear anab85,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I was so glad that you enjoyed your time here, that your stay was comfortable and that you found the staff so friendly.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great time. Staff very attentive and nothing a bother. Tram service gets you to town in 10mins. Definitely would go back. Hotel was spotless and very modern. Been to Dublin on many occasions and this is by far the best one I've stayed in. Fab breakfast as well.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Andrea M,

I'm delighted that you loved your stay and that the team were attentive during your visit.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back to the gibson again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Gibson is a very nice hotel with a friendly staff. I just wish it were closer to the city center. It is a 15 min walk. It is right next to the tram and you can purchase a flex ticket for 6 euro. As with all hotels we stayed at on this trip there is no ice machine or vending- only a mini bar. We did have a nice room and a comfortable stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kellyhende,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the gibson.

I am delighted to see that you found the team here friendly and that you liked your room and your stay was comfortable.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lovely hotel near the center of Dublin, just a 5 min tram ride away. I have stayed here twice its so nice. Has such a nice atmosphere and friendly staff. The rooms are a great size and we even managed to get a balcony. The bathrooms are also lovely and feature rain showers. The hotel is quiet, new and has large open living spaces.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie C

Dear Charlie C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at the gibson.

I was delighted to see that you had chosen to come back to us and that you find the team here so friendly and that you enjoy the atmosphere.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at the Gibson in March for the 2nd time. We were going to the Country 2 Country concert at love the fact that you can just stroll over to the 02. I love the modernness of the hotel. I wish parking was included in the price. They had lovely purple tulips to bring up to the room. I liked our room but I still don't understand why you can look into the bathroom from the room but I was with my husband so it didn't bother me. We went to the concert and had a brilliant time and went to the bar after to have a few drinks and have something to eat. We decided to order a shared platter that have gumbo on it. We asked the waitress if there was any shellfish in it as I am allergic, she said no that it is made with just chicken. Our plate came and I was just about to eat some of the gumbo and I saw a prawn. Now I know mistakes can happen and said to her that there was shellfish in it. She didn't seem too concerned I then said it to a waiter that was passing, again couldn't be bothered. It is hard when it came time to give an overall rating because while I had a great weekend it could of turned into a very bad weekend. And I guess I just wish someone would of cared. So my rating is low because of that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laurajmck

Dear Laurajmck,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about the experience you had with us in March.

I was so sorry to see that your visit did not meet your expectations and I have highlighted your review with the Food and Beverage Manager. He will be working closely with the team to make sure they are aware of the importance of customers' dietary requirements.

Thank you for highlighting this with us to enable us to improve our service.