“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had a very nice time here and it was very affordable (although that might have been just due to how far I booked in advance). We had a very warm welcome at the front desk, the rooms were very spacious, well decorated and clean. Especially enjoyed the rainfall shower we had in our room. The only downside I can think of was that the breakfast was only fine but nothing exceptional.
We were staying in the hotel for leisure catching a couple of gigs in Dublin. Two of the gigs were in Marlay Park; the first of which we stayed at the IMI Residencies since it was relatively close to the venue. Big mistake, we had an awful time. For the second Marlay Park gig we canceled the IMI and booked at the Gibson again. When the shuttle bus from the city centre to the park costs only £9 for a return ticket we found it was quicker than the walk back to the IMI and we had a much nicer stay - time enough after the gig to even get a couple pints in at the city centre before heading back to the hotel.
Would recommend and will stay again next time we're in Dublin.

Room Tip: The executive room we stayed in had a balcony and bath which the standard double lacked, however the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanielMcF
Dear DanielMcF,

I am delighted you chose to stay with us on your visit to Dublin recently and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel with the tripadvisor community. I am happy that the welcome you received from the front desk as well as the well decorated spacious room all contributing in making your stay an enjoyable one.

I have shared your fantastic review with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dublin.

assistant guest relations manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Newly built modern hotel with great decor and comfortable rooms. Located opposite the O2 venue, so handy for concerts. A little way out of the centre of Dublin (20 mins walk, 8 mins on the tram (stop is right outside the hotel €6 or €10 in a taxi).
Rooms have flat screens and comfy beds. Ironing boards and irons. No mini bar. Free wifi.
Bar area is spacious with friendly staff.
Small gym with sauna on 6th floor (open 24 hrs)
Room service is quite pricey, with a €5 tray charge.
€24 for from airport.
Overall a highly recommended hotel and stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lee S
Dear Lee S,

I am delighted to you chose to stay with us here at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am happy that the location, along with the great décor and comfortable rooms as well as the friendly staff made your stay an enjoyable one.

I have shared your feedback with all the team here and we look forward to welcome you back.

Anaheim, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights from 7th to 10th of July 2014, this hotel is close by the liffey river, also some rooms has balcony overlooking the river, and locate across from the O2 concert hall, also have a movie theater next door. If you reserve ahead of time and you stay three or more days you will get 17% discount. In order to reach the city by foot will take you about half hour, if you don't prefer to walk to the city here are your options: (Luas) is a tram right at your front door, buses to the city and the airport every 20 minutes located outside the front door to the left. The rooms are large and some has views of the river, the staff couldn't be any nicer and helpful, the bar has good drinks as for food a lot to de desired. Here is the bonus for this hotel, you do not need a taxi to reach this hotel, all you have to do walk outside the terminal and look for the Air Coach runs 24 hours a day, will drop you right at the hotel for 6.00euros if you buy round trip will save couple box. and there is a convenience store about 10 minutes on foot from the hotel.
If you planing to rent a car in Dublin don't, just use the tour buses due to a very narrow roads, some roads barely have a space for one car in two way roads going up the mountains . I hope you enjoy your trip we did.

Room Tip: This hotel has elevator, air condition you will not find many places in dublin has both or either, I...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Roger A,

I am delighted you chose to stay with us for a few days last week and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the gibson hotel on tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. We always aspire to deliver the best level of service and I am happy you experienced this during your stay.

I have shared your kind words with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ireland
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I love this hotel and stayed here in May of last summer . I am going back to stay again in a few weeks. The rooms are fab and the staff are ever so friendly. Its easy to get to town just hop on the luas and your there. I also love the breakfast there is always a good choice.This truely is one of the best if not the best hotel in dublin and the only hotel i stay in when there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Michelle K,

I am glad to read that you rate the gibson hotel to be one of the best hotels in Dublin if not the best, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel with everyone on tripadvisor. I certainly agree with you that the gibson hotel is amongst the best hotels in Dublin and its the team that make it so.

I have shared your fantastic review with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back in a few weeks time.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Once we arrived we were greeted by lovely staff, then headed to our room which was just awesome! Comfy bed which is great after flying from place to place so was very happy about that. The location was fantastic and the whole experience at the hotel was good that I would go back and stay again.

Also loved how they would leave a note that had a quote on it every time they cleaned your room. Thought that was a nice touch!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear littlemissgiggles379,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels and for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our welcome for you when you arrived.

I am also delighted you found the little touches such at the notes left in the bathroom to your liking. I strongly believe these touches along with the excellent service are what makes the gibson hotel one of the best in Dublin.

have shared your lovely review with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed at this modern, stylish hotel on a group tour. The Gibson is slightly out of the way in the Docklands area of Dublin. I think that works in its favor as its a fairly quiet location (unless there's a concert at the O2 across the street). The tram stops right outside the hotel and its a quick, easy and efficient way to get to downtown Dublin - inexpensive too. The decor is splashy and the reception area is on the 3rd floor, a decidedly different idea. there's a wonderful outdoor terrace at the third floor level you can have food or cocktails on. The room and the hotel itself were clean and slick. I think you would enjoy staying here. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peggy M
Dear Peggy M,

I am delighted to read that your recent group tour staying at the gibson hotel was and enjoyable one and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. All the are avid followers of tripadvisor and I am sure they will be delighted to read your kind words.

I hope we will see you back here again soon.

Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I chose this hotel because it was really close to Dublin Ferry Port and I had an early ferry to catch on the way back. When we arrived the Eagles were playing at the O2 and the car park was full, but when I mentioned I was booked into the Gibson they managed to squeeze us in. The Gibson has its own section in the car park. We kept the car in there and paid 14 euros a day which sounds a lot but we needed somewhere secure for the car and we were going to explore Dublin by tram which was very conveniently situated right outside the hotel. We could see from the hotel lift if there was a tram waiting. Breakfast was excellent, didn't use many other facilities, tended to eat out. Staff were very helpful. On the theme of the Eagles - Hotel California was playing as we left the car park..... and they did let us leave!

Room Tip: Car park lift only goes up to level 3 (reception). If on level 4 or above you'll have to take 2...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple