“Can not fault it.”

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Kildare, Ireland
“Can not fault it.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went to The Gibson Hotel last Friday for a work night out. We had pre-booked an area and a BBQ style dinner. The food was spot on and the service was brilliant. Really enjoyable night I would 100% recommend The Gibson for either a work night out or or just for a bite to eat and a few drinks. Special mention to Laura are waitress she could not have done anymore. Will be back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank S_Bren82
Dear S_Bren82,

I am delighted you chose the gibson hotel for your summer BBQ and work night out and I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the food and the service and especially the outstanding service delivered by Laura. She is a great asset to the team and we are happy that she is with us, I have passed your kind words to her. I hope you will come visit us again soon.

assistant guest relations manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Best hotel I have stayed in Ireland. Staff are so friendly. Quick and easy check in. Room was great.. so clean and spacious. Bathroom excellent. I went to the bar to eat and had an Asian meal.. couldn't fault the meal or the service. Breakfast was freshly cooked.. service again was excellent. Easy check out. From now on if I have to stay in Dublin this is the hotel I will use. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Yolanda F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently on your business trip to Dublin and for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that your first experience was an enjoyable one and that we met your expectations.

I am delighted to read that you will only consider staying at the gibson whenever you are in Dublin. I have shared your lovely feedback with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for two nights.Upon arrival about 2pm we were greeted by a very friendly girl at reception and gave us our keycards once we checked in.We walked only a short distance to our rooms on the same level. and as we walked along the corridor met several staff members who all said "hello".Our room was was nice very modern and i loved the light under the bed and the one the closet.The bathroom had a nice big shower in it one of the best i think,with good strong water pressure.The room had everything you could ask for bottled water,satellite television,coffee tea facilities ,hairdryer ,wifi,iron and Proper Ironing board.The tv is also connected to a speaker in the bathroom so you can listen away to what ever is on the tv while taking a shower,maybe a small bit loud considering you can hear it clearly in the shower.We went to the bar for a drink i cant exactly remember the price but Dublin prices for alcohol are steep in comparison with the rest of Ireland anyway.over €5.50 for a pint as far as i can remember considering you pay only €4.40 in Cork .We didnt bother with food at he bar as they seemed short staffed and one couple seemed to be waiting ages for theirs and when it came they sent it back saying"it was cold".We ate out so never dined in the restaurant but had breakfast both mornings which was superb!Coffee or tea and toast is offered once seated and there is a selection to be had,ie. Continental or typical Irish fry-up or salads fruit and cereals.There is also a late bar near reception which stays open until 3am ,Highly recommend staying here

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear xcorkrebelx,

I am delighted you and your girlfriend stayed with us recently on your visit to Dublin and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. I am happy that you found all the staff here to be friendly and welcoming.

I am sorry that you didn't get the chance to dine with us in the bar, I have shared your feedback with the bar manager who am sure has taken your comments on board and will be ensuring the high standards of the hotel are maintained.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I ended our honeymoon by staying at this hotel. While it isn't in the most convenient location to the city center, there is public transportation right outside the front door as well as an extremely convenient airport shuttle that runs every 20 minutes (12euro/person). We were so tired by the time we got to the Gibson, we never even left the hotel! The Hemi Bar was very modern and we enjoyed delicious cocktails. We also ended up eating dinner here and enjoyed our meal. The continental breakfast the next morning (10euro/person) was perhaps the best continental breakfast we had during our tour of Ireland: the brown bread and croissants were fantastic.

What made our stay a little curious was that when we checked in and went up to our room, there were already people in our room! We went back downstairs to reception where it took about 20 minutes for the situation to be resolved. The staff couldn't understand how there could be people in there and they fumbled for quite a while. However, they ended up upgrading us to a room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the city and offered us complimentary drinks in the bar. We very much appreciated their efforts to resolve the issue and were very grateful to have been able to stay in such a fabulous room.

The Gibson prides themselves on being "green" so you need to use your room key to turn on the electricity in your room. This helps in case you "forget" to turn off any lights when you leave! The shower was perhaps the best shower EVER. It is a rain shower with an additional detachable head. There was a seat in the shower and it was so relaxing I took an extra shower the next morning just to savor the goodness once more. Our room was very quiet, the bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed a bottle of wine brought up by room service to round out the night. The staff was overall very kind, attentive and welcoming. We would definitely recommend this hotel if you are savvy enough to navigate the public transportation, walk ~20 minutes to pubs/shopping or don't mind spending money on cabs.

The Gibson is full of tiny touches that make it stand out amongst other hotels. Their guide book in the room is quirky and extremely helpful, the closet has a light inside that turns on automatically when you open the door, there was a beautiful plant in the room, thoughtful quotes posted on the mirror... all very unique and memorable.

We will forever compare hotel bars, showers and accommodations to those at the Gibson.

Room Tip: The top floor offers a balcony with beautiful views of the city!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ashley G,

I am delighted to read that you ended your honeymoon with us here at the gibson hotel and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am delighted that your and your husband had an enjoyable stay with us.

My apologies again that there was a mix-up with the rooms when you arrived however I am delighted that we were able to resolve everything for you.

I have shared your fantastic feedback with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back were to visit Dublin again.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is awesome, located in a quiet place of Dublin. Although the location is a bit far away from the city centre, it's about a 20 minutes walk from Temple Bar. Nevertheless you can take the train which is in front of the hotel. The room was huge with a great view. If you arrived from the airport bear in mind that there is a coach that stops round the corner of the hotel and it is cheap, avoid taking a taxi, it is really expensive if you don't have much money. Finally the staff is really nice; to be honest every person in Dublin is awesome....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Daiana G,

I am delighted you chose to stay with us here at the gibson hotel on your recent visit to Dublin and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

I have shared your feedback with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Dublin.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

For touring using public transport in and around Dublin and further afield, the Gibson makes an ideal base from start to finish. Coming off the Irish Ferries Holyhead service, it is a short taxi ride (11 Euro) away, and is situated at the Northern terminus of the LUAS Red Line, which also serves Connolly and Heuston railway stations, the main termini in Dublin. Get a LEAP card and swipe as you go, but do remember to tag off when you leave the tram, Ditto for the DART but not the buses.

I stayed for 6 nights and it was my 2nd visit. Restaurant and Bar service were faultless and the whole team dealt professionally with weekend peaks and parties. I complemented the manager on his hard work and unflappability.
Perhaps I would go so far as to suggest that the Restaurant Menu is looking a bit tired now, but on the other hand, stick at what you're good at... Breakfast was more than adequate with a terrific choice of both hot and cold: I enjoy my black pudding, etc but also fancy smoked salmon and scrambled egg.
The 5th floor bedroom was comfortable and quiet, apart from some inconsiderate guests allowing their bedroom doors to slam, and opens onto a spacious terrace, albeit shared by the other bedrooms on that level. Good views over the Liffey and onto the Dublin Mountains.

What I find most impressive is the excellent team work, friendliness of all concerned, and genuine desire to ensure this visit is not going to be your last.

Room Tip: As I appear to be hard-wired to turn right on exiting my bedroom, I placed a little sticker on the i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank elkeyvor
Dear elkeyvore,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent visit to the gibson.

I was delighted to find that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and especially pleased that the team provided you with service that makes you want to come back.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a 3rd visit soon!

Kind regards,

Clare McGreevy
Guest Relations Manager
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Our 4 night stay in this comfortable modern hotel was great. Service was good - a couple of minor maintenance issues were efficiently dealt with. Room was well appointed although a little warm. Breakfast buffet extensive and good. Located at the end of the Luas we bought 7 day flexible passes and had good use of them.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 22Nigel22
ESarpong, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear 22Nigel22,

I am delighted you chose to stay with us for 4 nights and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel on tripadvisor. I am delighted your enjoyed your stay and equally pleased that the maintenance issues you experienced were resolved to your satisfaction.

I have shared your feedback with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.