“Can't wait to come back!”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to come back!”
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I stayed at The Gibson with a friend in August. We had such a lovely weekend in Dublin. We found all of the staff at The Gibson to be excellent, they couldn't help us enough. The room was lovely, very modern and spacious, and all areas in the hotel were impecably clean. We sampled a good few cocktails in the Hemidemisemiquaver Bar (which were all delicious!) before hopping on the Luas for a short ride into the City Centre. The beds were so comfortable we wished we could have stayed for a little longer! We opted to have breakfast in our room, and again the service and quality were of the standard we enjoyed throughout our stay. We will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2010
Dear Helen0379,

We were delighted to read that you had such a good weekend at the Gibson. Thank you for your comments on our facilities and in particular your comments about our staff which I have passed on to our team. We hope to welcome you back real soon, if you need any assistance in planning your next visit do not hesitate to drop me a line at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie and it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
kinsale
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Stayed at the Gibson last Wed. I have worked in the hotel industry for a while so these days hotels for me are just places I stay and reminds me of work. My stay at the Gibson was my 1st stay in a hotel for a longtime that gave me a wow factor. It is a great hotel in a great location. The rooms are very large and I just loved the balcony where you can eat, drink or have a sneaky smoke with great views of Dublin. The LUAS stops outside the door and you can be in the City Centre in 5 mins. I will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear Kinsaleboye,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for your wonderful comments which I have relayed to the team. Please feel free to get in touch if you are planning a return visit and I would be delighted to assist you. You can contact me at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel.

Lurgan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed with my wife overnight for a combination of business and pleasure.It marked
the 13th hotel that I have stayed in of a similiar standard in the Dublin area. My assessment is that quality underpins all that the Gibson do.Standard of the rooms and food was unrivalled

I enjoyed the personal touches too - I wanted to show my wife the health suite which will open soon - it was locked but a manager who was in the area offered to open. All staff were friendly and apperaed genuinely interested in their guests - not just the script
that I have experienced elsewhere.

I have booked again in October to see a concert in the O2 - it is strategically placed if you want to enhance the concert experience. Ian

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Dear Fidget19,

We are delighted you enjoyed the quality of our bedrooms, food and the attitude of our staff. I have passed your comments on to our team who really appreciate such feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in October, our relaxation room will be open on your return and I hope you find time before or after the concert to chill out in the sauna, steam room or outdoor hot-tubs. If you should need any assistance with your return visit, or wish to request a certain room type, so not hesitate to contact me personally at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie.

UK
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Really impressed with the Gibson. Great room, plenty of space, quiet rooms. Staff were excellent in all areas and we really enjoyed the food, wine, music and atmosphere in the bar.

The Luas really is just outside the door and this makes it a very easy location to get to. We enjoyed it and will certainly be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Dear Naxat,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments on to our team members. We hope to welcome you back to the Gibson in the future.

Deputy General Manager.
Belfast
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This new hotel has just opened behind the O2 and at the eastern most stop of the Luas in Dublin. It is very chic with modern wifi throughout. Glass, steel and funky decorations. It's very impressive. The spa facilities are delayed in opening because of a floor fault. I always judge a hotel on how they respond to guest disappointment on hearing this sort of news. They were perfect. Arranged use of their sister hotel's facilities and transport to it! They upgraded us to boot!
There are speakers for the TV in the en-suite, which you can't volume control, this is as big a gripe as I can come up with. They have a car park, price of which is not included in the hotel cost. (The front of the hotel is fiendishly difficult to locate by car and is not where you enter the car park)
Breakfast is excellent. Try the wheaten bread, it's superb, all crumbly yet moist and nutty....mmmm. Decent selection for veggies.
Looking forward to my return.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob1e
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Bob1e,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; especially that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. Your words are very kind, are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.

I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Kind Regards,

Gordon Callinan
Manager On Duty
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 August 2010

One of the newest hotels in Dublin, and one of the most stylish. There's a cool vibe from this hotel, the decor is bright, stylish, modern and a little bit funky.! The Hotel itself starts on the 3rd floor (access via elevator/or escalator) and the main bar and restaurant have a fabulous verandah running the length of it, with fantastic views directly on to the O2 Venue, across Dublin Bay and up towards the City itself. Staff are very attentive and clearly well trained. Rooms are modern with all mod cons inc air con and some have coffee machines. Some of them have terrace/balconies and are very spacious. The food is of excellent quality and bar prices are on par with many other Bars in Dublin...and not overcharged like some of the more 'tourist' Bars. There is a tram linking you to the main Dublin thoroughfare of O' Connell St - right outside the door which takes about 10 mins and travels up through the Financial Services area, which itself has an array of coffee shops/ restaurants/ bars etc which would be walking distance back to the Gibson. The Aircoach (direct from airport) stops beside the hotel, and the tram (Luas) also goes directly to Heuston (main) train station if you are transferring to another part of the country. At the weekend there is a lovely Market right outside, with lots of artisan and local produce available, fresh food and live music, a lovely way to spend a fine Saturday or Sunday morning! There are plans for a shopping centre and cinema in the Point Village which will only enhance the place. The Gibson is a great addition to this part of the city, and with its great location, excellent staff and attention to detail its well worth a visit !

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahJaneJohnson
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2010
Dear SarahJaneJohnson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted to see such positive feedback and I have passed your comments on to the team. If I can be of any help with future reservataions do not hesitate to contact me on dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel in the future.

Ballymote, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Stayed here last Saturday night with my wife just for a short break away. We had a bit of difficulty finding our way up to the hotel from the underground car park but eventually got there.
We took the lift to the spacious large third floor reception area which was very impressive.
The girl on reception was exceptionally nice and tremendously helpful.
We were assigned a lovely modern room next to the courtyard. The room itself was lovely with all mod cons you would expect inc flat screen tv and free wifi access. The bathroom was spacious with a walk in shower with two shower heads including one rain shower. On the downside, the mini bar was not stocked and the bed was a bit small. The communal areas are very modern and chic with modern lighting in the hallways.
We ate in the bar (as the restaurant is yet to open). The bar is in a large high ceiling open area over looking the O2. The service was good, the food was good, the drink was good, the prices were, well, this is Dublin!
We had breakfast delivered with a smile to the room the following morning which was excellent.
The hotel is a great place if you know your way around Dublin, with the Luas only outside the door. It is obviously in an ideal location for gigs in the O2 however we found that the price is hiked up when there is a gig on locally but I suppose that is the way, supply/demand etc.
This is a great hotel in a good location. The Point Village is still getting going and when the hotel restaurant is open the hotel itself will be perfect.
We will definitely be staying again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Sligocouple1982,

Thank you for your recent review. It is great to see such positive comments about our facilities and our team here at the Gibson. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments all to all concerned. Please feel free to contact me at any stage if you are planning a return visit to Dublin at dminhane@thegibsonhotel.ie and I would be delighted to assist you with your reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel.

Deputy General Manager.