The Gibson Hotel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$208
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$187
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. George(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$245
Orbitz.com
Very Good 4/5
4,929 results
All reviewspoint villagecity centrerelaxation areamodern hotelport tunnelgreat hotelconcert goersluas stoptram linebar foodthird floorexecutive roomenjoyable stayfollowing morningwould highly recommend this hotelhotel barvisiting dublin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I stayed at The Gibson with a friend in August. We had such a lovely weekend in Dublin. We found all of the staff at The Gibson to be excellent, they couldn't help us enough. The room was lovely, very modern and spacious, and all areas in the hotel were impecably clean. We sampled a good few cocktails in the Hemidemisemiquaver Bar (which were all delicious!) before hopping on the Luas for a short ride into the City Centre. The beds were so comfortable we wished we could have stayed for a little longer! We opted to have breakfast in our room, and again the service and quality were of the standard we enjoyed throughout our stay. We will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2010

Dear Helen0379,

We were delighted to read that you had such a good weekend at the Gibson. Thank you for your comments on our facilities and in particular your comments about our staff which I have passed on to our team. We hope to welcome you back real soon, if you need any assistance in planning your next visit do not hesitate to drop me a line at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie and it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.

Reviewed 5 September 2010

Stayed at the Gibson last Wed. I have worked in the hotel industry for a while so these days hotels for me are just places I stay and reminds me of work. My stay at the Gibson was my 1st stay in a hotel for a longtime that gave me a wow factor. It is a great hotel in a great location. The rooms are very large and I just loved the balcony where you can eat, drink or have a sneaky smoke with great views of Dublin. The LUAS stops outside the door and you can be in the City Centre in 5 mins. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Dear Kinsaleboye,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for your wonderful comments which I have relayed to the team. Please feel free to get in touch if you are planning a return visit and I would be delighted to assist you. You can contact me at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed with my wife overnight for a combination of business and pleasure.It marked
the 13th hotel that I have stayed in of a similiar standard in the Dublin area. My assessment is that quality underpins all that the Gibson do.Standard of the rooms and food was unrivalled

I enjoyed the personal touches too - I wanted to show my wife the health suite which will open soon - it was locked but a manager who was in the area offered to open. All staff were friendly and apperaed genuinely interested in their guests - not just the script
that I have experienced elsewhere.

I have booked again in October to see a concert in the O2 - it is strategically placed if you want to enhance the concert experience. Ian

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Dear Fidget19,

We are delighted you enjoyed the quality of our bedrooms, food and the attitude of our staff. I have passed your comments on to our team who really appreciate such feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in October, our relaxation room will be open on your return and I hope you find time before or after the concert to chill out in the sauna, steam room or outdoor hot-tubs. If you should need any assistance with your return visit, or wish to request a certain room type, so not hesitate to contact me personally at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

Really impressed with the Gibson. Great room, plenty of space, quiet rooms. Staff were excellent in all areas and we really enjoyed the food, wine, music and atmosphere in the bar.

The Luas really is just outside the door and this makes it a very easy location to get to. We enjoyed it and will certainly be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Dear Naxat,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments on to our team members. We hope to welcome you back to the Gibson in the future.

Deputy General Manager.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

This new hotel has just opened behind the O2 and at the eastern most stop of the Luas in Dublin. It is very chic with modern wifi throughout. Glass, steel and funky decorations. It's very impressive. The spa facilities are delayed in opening because of a floor fault. I always judge a hotel on how they respond to guest disappointment on hearing this sort of news. They were perfect. Arranged use of their sister hotel's facilities and transport to it! They upgraded us to boot!
There are speakers for the TV in the en-suite, which you can't volume control, this is as big a gripe as I can come up with. They have a car park, price of which is not included in the hotel cost. (The front of the hotel is fiendishly difficult to locate by car and is not where you enter the car park)
Breakfast is excellent. Try the wheaten bread, it's superb, all crumbly yet moist and nutty....mmmm. Decent selection for veggies.
Looking forward to my return.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob1e
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Bob1e,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; especially that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. Your words are very kind, are gratefully received and have given us all a big lift.

I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Kind Regards,