“Watch out for pilfering bar staff”
Review of Dakota

Dakota
Ranked #787 of 2,573 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
London, England, United Kingdom
“Watch out for pilfering bar staff”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

A complete disgrace and management need to sort their bar staff out.

There is no way I can give this place anything but the minimum.

I paid with a 50 euro note and was short changed as if I had paid with a 20. I could tell from the barman's automatic reaction that he knew exactly what he had done.

WATCH OUT

• Visited January 2014

• Czech first
“Keep coming back”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I don't drink here at the weekend so I can't comment on that! But I am a regular in Dakota for my midweek lunches and I just keep going back! This is primarily because the food is delicious and the 2 course lunch deal is great value. Sometimes however, the place can be quite understaffed!
I have to say also no matter how busy the place is the girls always recognise their regulars and try their hardest not to leave anyone waiting!

“P*ss poor service”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I went there 2 weeks ago mid week with some friends for drinks after a Christmas party, mid week, wasn't a particularly busy night. Even so, the service was abysmal and the bar staff were rude and unfriendly and along with extortionate prices for booze, it all makes for a p*ss poor time, avoid like the plague.

• Visited December 2013
“Poor service”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Came for a meal recently with a friend. She ordered the fish stew which she was very disappointed with, as there were only 5 or so bite size pieces of fish in a light tomato broth. Advertised as a 'main' dish, my friend spoke to the waitress about her disappointment, in particular that it was not worth the price of €12.95 as it was more like a starter in size. The waitress was rude in her manner and her response was limited to "no one else has complained before". I can understand her surprise in that case, but it doesn't change the fact that a customer is reporting dissatisfaction with their current dish. After she said this a few times and shrugged a number of times, we asked to speak to the manager. I was much more surprised to find he was also so rude and also fell back on the argument that no one had complained before. He refused to engage at all and although he agreed to take the price of the meal off the bill, he said that he thought it was unreasonable and then left the table side in the middle of my friend's sentence. I was surprised at the lack of manners and care with which Dakotas staff treated their customers. We would have preferred to have been listened to than have our bill discounted but be treated like we were. Furthermore if they had reacted better to feedback I would have eaten there again, but after that treatment I would avoid it, so their behaviour is going to put off people more than any issues with the food ever would.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Ciara B
Dublin, Ireland
“Great place to lunch with friends”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I've been here quite a few times recently. The service is friendly and the value is great.
I'm delighted to see they've started doing specials here too as the menu needed something extra imo. Can't fault the place other than that!

• Visited November 2013
LianneKav, Public Relations Manager at Dakota, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thanks for your positive feedback!

We are delighted you enjoyed your experience in Dakota and hope to see you again soon!

Lianne