“Absolutely Horrendous! I'd rather starve (almost did).”
Review of Dakota

Dakota
Ranked #796 of 2,570 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“Absolutely Horrendous! I'd rather starve (almost did).”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

First off, I don't give too many reviews but I do where they are merited. I went here recently with the intention of having lunch with two work colleagues, one of whom recommended Dakota.

First we were there five minutes when the couple at the table next to us got up and left. This was clearly a sign to get out quickly while there was still time. 10 minutes later a member of staff arrived to take our order. I ordered chicken liver pate for starters to be told by our 'friendly' waitress - "We dont have any left" so I ordered something else. Twenty minutes later we were still waiting. After attracting the attention of our waitress we asked if the food would be any longer. She replied "its only been twenty minutes since you ordered. there are other people waiting for food and they are here longer than you" - nice. top class reply. We asked would the food be any longer and the reply we got was "oh. another 5 or 10 minutes". Really? half and hour to get food? I can understand this in a busy place but Dakota is crawling with staff and the place was half empty. At this point we simply left.

Rude staff. I wont even go into the surroundings - except for one word "Hideous".

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

My work colleagues judgement abilities are now under scrutiny and I have recommended to my boss that they are transferred to another section without delay!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Trotter71

• Czech first
“So so...”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

It's a nice busy bar with a choice of drinks. However, staff can be overly busy with cocktails and it can get loud.

Visited August 2014
Co Down
“Poor Choice”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We called in here for a drink while in the area. Now I am a Guinness man and I feel you drink Guinness from a Guinness Glass, Well it came in a Carlsburg Glass . Surely this is DUBLIN IRELAND and BAR STAFF should be trained to serve it properly as this is the HOME of the stuff.

• Visited August 2014
Waterford, Ireland
“Very pleased with return trip to Dakota”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

2nd time here and was once again so impressed with this gorgeous bar & restaurant. Stopped in for drinks on a walkabout and were served by lovely bar person called Angela. Incredible cocktails and beers and lovely friendly and prompt service. Stopped back again later in the day for the duck main course and another couple of drinks and once again felt very welcome and comfortable, staff give the impression that nothing is too much to ask for and are attentive without being overbearing or in your face. Great mix of customers, families and couples and girls about town having cocktails. Our favourite bar in Dublin to date!

• Visited July 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great food and cocktails 😊”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

A friend of mine had been to Dakota before and recommended that we go there for some food. We decided to have a cocktail with our meal which was amazing and well worth the money. The food was reasonably priced, there is a deal of 2 courses for less than €10 and the options were great! The bruschetta was delicious and the staff were very friendly! Will definitely be back!