“Great value, great location, nice house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 162 Dublin B&B and Inns
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Great value, great location, nice house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed in Oaklodge for almost 3 weeks recently as a landing point in moving to Dublin.
First thing is to say location and value are great. Oaklodge is on one of the best streets in Ballsbridge - probably the best area of Dublin - right next to Herbert Park. That this is also one of the cheapest B&B's I found makes it outstanding value.
Rooms were comfortable and got better the more people they were intended for. (I moved around as my stay kept extending). Breakfast was also very good.
I'll definitely be recommending Oaklodge to visiting friends.

Room Tip: The single rooms are small. I think it's worth paying a little extra for single occupancy in a d...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GBStAlbans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed in Oaklodge B and B recently and it was a most enjoyable experience. The house is lovely in a lovely part of Dublin. Teresa is very professional in taking care of her guests, very helpful with directions, recommendations, transport queries ect. The house is spotlessly clean and the breakfast made to order was delicious. All in all a great place to stay.

Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GemmaCork
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

I had a very nice 3 night stay at the Oaklodge. Teresa, the proprietress , was always prompt at replying to all my planning correspondence. She was also very helpful in helping me line up transportation before arriving in Dublin. Everything went exactly according to plan. The B&B is in a lovely tree-lined Georgian neighborhood, where we felt extremely safe even walking at night. It was also very quiet. With that said, its a little further away from the main sites of the city, but the bus into town was only a 5-10 min walk.

Rooms were comfortable, nicely, but simply decorated and most important....spotless. Breakfast was delicious, everything made to order. Teresa is a lovely hostess. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B & B for your stay in Dublin.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ABR-Seattle
Townsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

A comfortable find in a handy location for us. Teresa was extremely helpful in giving us recommendations and directions for local attractions and services. She arranged a taxi and an early breakfast for us on our departure. This took off stress for us meetin up with our tour early in the morning. We learnt from expereince that Dublin buses do not take notes and give change. A difficult start until coin is accumulated.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RussfTownsville
Whitesboro, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Oaklodge and my brother and his wife did as well. We had a tough time finding it with the directions we brought from the AAIreland website, mostly because the streets are frequently not marked at all. Maybe a GPS would have been better, but we heard some stories about this not being true either. In any case, the local police got us pointed in the right direction and some friendly locals helped us as we walked toward St. Stephen's Green, looking at our map and probably looking confused as well. Once we parked the car, it stayed there until we left two days later. Teresa gave us good advice about local eateries, and her breakfasts were terrific. We were so grateful that she left us some breakfast on the morning of our departure when we had to be out of the B&B by 6AM. The rooms are large, with lovely high ceilings and larger bathrooms than we were used to in Ireland. The WIFI service was good as well. The only drawback is that you will have a long walk in to the town center, so unless you plan to take a cab, wear comfortable shoes and head to St. Stephen's Green to catch the hop on, hop off bus for some sightseeing. Don't miss seeing Killmainham Gaol. Take a guided tour to really appreciate the place. Trinity College also has a nice student lead tour that includes a pass to see the Book of Kells. The Guinness tour is pretty lame. It is not a brewery, but you do get some nice city views from the bar at the top.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Garmer
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at Teresa's B&B in May 2011 and overall we found the B&B to be just okay. It was good value for the money but there are a number of areas that Teresa could implement to improve your stay. The decor of the room that we stayed in was dated. There was too much furniture, the television was old and the carpet needed replacing. The breakfast could be improved by providing pitchers of juices that the customer could pour themselves as opposed to just giving out one small glass of juice. Also, Teresa should provide more choices for meals. Like french toast, waffles and pancakes. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Dublin but a few minor improvements could greatly improve our stay and make this a first class B&B.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Meist
TeresaMuldoon, Owner at Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
I am surprised at this review as my rooms are updated regularly and I am constantly being complimented on their decor. I only have enough furniture in them to ensure my guests comfort. I will have to agree with regard to the televisions but am replacing them at the moment. My carpets have been replaced recently. I have a varied breakfast menu and am prepared to offer a substitute if a guest cannot find anything to suit them. I will take on board the suggestion with regard to the pitchers of juice.
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

we stayed at oaklodge 4 days, it is a great bed and breakfast, teresa the owner is very nice, it is very charming, well situated, quiet and very clean and great breakfast too!
I highly recommend it !!