“Nice food but reeaally slow service”

Moloughney's Restaurant
Ranked #298 of 2,595 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice food but reeaally slow service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Went here for a family event slightly famished after a long church service. I had the healthy salad starter and the smoked chicken for main course both of which were very good. The youngster had the chilli deep fried squid starter, the hake for main course and chocolate biscuit cake for afters. The size of the portions is pretty decent in Moloughney's and it is a very family-friendly restaurant.

Visited June 2014

“Thank you so much!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Had a gorgeous meal out with friends and family this evening. I just wanted to say such a big thank you to the staff for being so accommodating, friendly and considerate towards my grandma. It was greatly appreciated and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the food and atmosphere was beautiful, we can't wait to come back!!

Dublin, Ireland
“A very pleasant evening”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant evening. Food was very good and beers were craft beers only (eg O Hara's stout instead of Guinness). All very good quality. Starter of Mackrel with side salad. Only complaint about side salad is usual Irish version of 'salad' - (i.e. Lots and lots of leaves with a bit of onion and a dressing). Haddock main course was excellent. Interestingly, for a restaurant which obviously does fish well, fish options were only as 'specials' with no fish as mains options on the menu. Nice atmosphere too.

Dungarvan, Ireland
“Well presented”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Good quality of food, selection and presentation. Very efficient and courteous but on the pricy side for 6pm on Sunday evening.
Dublin is starting to go back to the noughty / celtic tiger years whereby anyone I met in my travels always complained about how expensive Dublin is - so it is obvious that Ireland hasn't learned from past mistakes!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Gone back to old Caltic Tiger attitude of take our service or leave it.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Have been here a few times recently and while food is very good it appears the attitude is take our service or leave it. I took friend for lunch last week but price on menu was higher than their web price and on the way out I enquired from a waitress (whom I assumed was the senior staff member) if I took a party of 14 people on a Saturday night at 8pm would I be able to get their early bird menu but was told very firmly "No" as they finish this early on Saturday and you must be out by 7:30 pm. I then said that the nearby restaurant (there are 4 within a minutes walk) would maybe do me a deal and I was told in a not too polite manner or attitude to go the other restaurant as they would not any deals on a Saturday. It appears that the Celtic Tiger attitude is alive and well in Moloughney's and to add insult to injury when I later looked at my lunch bill I noticed I had been over charged but did get a refund after ringing and pointing out their mistake.

4 Thank 326650