“Bad Service”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Whilst I have eaten here several times the food is just okay but the Manager on duty is always non-attentive for whatever reason.
There was a long delay on food with no explanation from any staff member even at the time of payment my experience was of no consequence to the Manager.

• Visited December 2013

“Unfriendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times. Lovely location, food is quite nice but I always find the atmosphere is a little unfriendly & service has been v poor. Long delays!

• Visited September 2013
“Love it!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Went for the first time last summer and had to go back this year when I was back in Dublin with my friend, as I have been raving about it all year! It has a very relaxing environment and the staff are all very pleasant, especially the manager. We arrived shortly before the lunchtime rush, and although there was a fairly long queue we were not rushed in the slightest which I really appreciated. Food and drinks are of very high quality. Will be back every time I'm in Dublin!

Visited August 2013
New Zealand
“Chi-chi place for a coffee”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This subterranean spot is a welcome reprieve from the hustle of Grafton Street. Just take the steps down from the ground floor to the basement level.

Never too busy when I've been there, I sometimes just sit on my own and enjoy a quiet cappuccino.

• Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous Breakfast Experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Before checking into the brand new Marker Hotel we had breakfast at The Restaurant @ Brown Thomas, a famous department store in Dublin on Grafton Street. Brown Thomas is owned by Galen Weston, a Canadian Retail Tycoon.

The Restaurant is managed by Domini and Peaches Kemp and located on the third floor. The interior is contemporary.

When we arrived there was quite a buzz. Fortunately we didn't have to wait for a seat and were brought immediately to our table.

Having informed ourselves online about the menu, we already knew what we were going to order.

We had the Toffee-Nut-Latte, a cappuccino, two orange juice, one French Toast with bacon and maple syrup, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, the raw fruit salad and two slices of toasted sourdough bread with butter and jam.

We were told by our waitress that we had ordered quite a lot, so she pushed our and the neighboring empty table together to make more space. I didn't appreciate the comment. More space was definitely needed. The tables were on the smaller side.

The meal was very enjoyable and the quality high. I only wished my salmon portion would have been slightly larger.

One slice more would have been nice. The eggs and chive were plenty. Maybe I was spoiled from the breakfast at Wilde's a week earlier, where I had a similar dish.

The French Toast was yummy too. The fruit salad was fresh and ideal to share, because the portion was large. The bread and jam was of high quality too.

Even though the staff was very busy, they were attentive and quick to respond.

The bill came in at slightly under 50 Euro (ca. 66 USD).

We spent around an hour at the Restaurant and were ready to walk to the Docklands for our stay at the Marker.

Of course we are going to return.

• Visited April 2013