“Indian delight”

Price range: US$19 - US$51
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ananda is Ireland’s premier fine dining restaurant. Ananda’s impeccable pedigree, enviable location and stunning interior design made it Dublin’s most anticipated restaurant opening of 2008. A series of superlative restaurant reviews quickly cemented its reputation as one of Ireland’s finest dining experiences.
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We had a family meal here this evening and I must say I found it first class. From the call to book a table till we left the restaurant everything was perfect. The food is excellent with a great choice and the staff are happy to explain what the different dishes contain. We enjoyed starter main course dessert and coffee and it was flawless. The staff were among the best I have ever encountered. A friend recommended this restaurant to me and I'm glad I visited it. I will be back.

1  Thank motorcar1
benny j, Manager at Ananda Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very delighted to see that you had an enjoyable experience at Ananda. It is such feedback that keeps us striving to make the product even better.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Visited Ananda for the first time this evening. Tried their early bird menu. Beautiful food, wonderful service and great value for money. The place was extremely busy which is always a good sign! Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Jenster30

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We have been told about how good this place is since it opened its doors. Unfortunately we never got to sample what was described as wonderful cuisine by our our friends and by Dublin food critics. That changed last night and I feel I have wasted years of potentially enjoying what I would describe as one of the best Indian restaurants (if not the best) I have ever been to. The food was stunning, we ate on the early bird menu (€24 two course) which has the biggest choice of selections I have ever seen on an early bird menu. We all got different dishes and sampled each other's, all very good but the mixed seafood masala and the Wicklow lamb were the most popular. The wine was very nice and despite dining early to avail of the early bird (6pm Saturday) the restaurant was very busy and thus a very good atmosphere. No faults on service. I don't live in Dundrum, I live city centre but will be making plans to come back there soon.

2  Thank bookieboy

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a meal here last week with college mates. The place lived up to its reputation, though I had expected the food to be more spicy, which I like. I ordered the Chicken Vindaloo, as I like hot food.Whilst absolutely delicious, I had hoped for hotter. Still, I wouldn't deduct marks for what I got as the food was just delicious and very fragrant. The service is excellent and I will be back for the next special occasion.

1  Thank jayom

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Been here a few times and every time it's a treat, Presentation fab, the flavours amazing, decor beautiful, my only negative is, it is way too dark, I had trouble seeing the menu....