“Phenomenal Dining Experience”

Price range: US$44 - US$123
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Brazil is the largest and most populous country in South America. Almost as if to complement its exciting geographical contrasts, from wetlands to tropical forest to beaches, it also boasts an incredible multi-ethnic mix, which is mirrored in its cuisine.The indigenous Tupi Indians had already mastered the art of preserving meats through smoking and drying by the time the Portuguese colonised Brazil in 1533. They had developed the use and processing of Corn (in particular Corn Porridge) as well as the use of many root vegetables such as sweet potato and manioc (also known as yucca or cassava ).Not only did the Portuguese bring with them their own culinary customs (heavily influenced by 300 years of Moorish occupation) but they also imported slaves from West Africa with their cooking traditions. The use of coconut milk, peppers and dende (palm oil) are amongst the many ideas introduced by the slaves, all of which are prevalent in Brazilian cooking.Many more immigrants followed later, including Western Europeans, peoples from the Middle East and Asia, but unlike the Portuguese and African traditions, their culinary contributions were absorbed rather than evolved.As with many other large countries, Brazilian cuisine has its regional differences, although staple ingredients throughout Brazil today include beans, rice and manioc meal. To the North (includes Amazonas, Rondônia and Pará), the diet is mainly fish, root vegetables and fruit as opposed to the Southeast where the use of corn, pork and beans is traditional. Our restaurant is based in a small baroque city of Ouro Preto (from Portuguese, Black Gold) is a city in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, a former colonial mining town located in the Serra do Espinhaço mountains and designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO because of its outstanding Baroque architecture. A different and enjoyable option for a FINE DINING Brazilian Restaurant. A cozy atmosphere for pleasant moments with friends and partners. Excellent food and proud to show our diverse culinary dishes to europeans.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

After reading all the 5 star reviews I had exceptionally high expectations for Sabor and I have to say, it more than surpassed expectations. From the moment we walked in the door, we were greeted warmly by the wonderfully attentive staff - the high level of service continued throughout the evening as Tom and his team made sure everything was perfect for us. The food was also amazing, the cheese breads were ridiculously tasty! The steak course was also exceptional, one of many, many high points!

Overall I would describe this as the best restaurant experience I have ever had. The surroundings, ambiance, food and service are all of the highest quality. An absolute must, and surely deserving of a future Michelin Star.

4  Thank johnmaob

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Having experienced a little difficulty with our initial booking we were hesitant with the experience that we were going to have. Now our only difficulty is how soon we can get our next booking as we'd waited 6 months for this one, but no surprise why it is so in demand. Not only did we get to choose our own seat, the food was immense, the service was personal, I would highly recommend this experience to anyone. The most personified restaurant experience I have had.

3  Thank tuxidoman
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a few days in Dublin and was recommended this restaurant by hotel concierge.

What an experience, not just outstanding food but the whole atmosphere, decor and staff made this a real evening to remember. The steak was to die for. Cheese that were out if this world. And even a really good selection of wines.

I can see why this place is rated number 1 on here. A definite must visit if you happen to be in Guiness land.

Thumps up

2  Thank Joe J
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I didn't know what to expect when I went to this restaurant. I heard very good things from friends and trip advisor. But that was not enough to prepare me for the amazing experience. We felt like we were really spoiling ourselves when we entered the beautifully decorated surroundings and were handed a glass of delicious prosecco. Some of the courses at the start were small, but courses seemed to get bigger as the meal went on. The steak was a large portion and was cooked in the most unusual delicious sauce. The cheese course was my favourite. I have never tasted such delicious cheeses before. The service was excellent. I thought at first it was expensive but it really was worth every cent. I am looking forward to visiting sabor Brazil again in the future, if I am lucky enough

3  Thank navangirl86
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Everything about this restaurant is amazing. The welcome when we arrived, the food, the service, the ambiance. We ate here on a Sunday night and it was suitably relaxed. We had the lovely tasting menu and Tom and co explained the chefs thinking in putting together each dish. Everything tasted so well and we are planning our next visit! I cannot recommend Sabor Brazil enough.

3  Thank denisepep