“Amazing meal and service for a very special night.”
Review of Bistro Martello - CLOSED

Bistro Martello
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I organised a surprise 50th wedding anniversary for my mum and dad last week. I could not have asked for a better night. The food, as always (I've eaten here 3 times before), was fantastic. There were 25 of us and the food quality was superb. But the thing that really made the night was the level of service provided by Keith and his team. Everyone of my party commented on the warmth of welcome and no request was too much trouble. An absolutely brilliant night that was also extremely good value. I simply can't fault the place.

Thanks guys for making a very special night even more special. We'll be back soon and I think a lot of our guests will too.

1  Thank loufdub

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Had dinner here on a Saturday a few weeks ago. Everything went well - booking, table ready etc. The food was excellent and reasonable value.

1  Thank Philip87
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We had a family get together at the Bistro Martello and everyone was delighted with our evening. We had the Early Bird menu, which is available all evening - this was a Saturday - and everyone was very happy with their choices, with excellent presentation and fantastic service. Our waiter couldn't have been more helpful and our food arrived in good time, piping hot and delicious. This is a really convenient place for a group such as ours - who came from different parts of Dublin and beyond - as it is conveniently situated right on Dun Laoghaire seafront, with a carpark right across from the restaurant and location is easy to find. I have visited this restaurant on quite a few occasions, as I live locally and have never been disappointed - nor have any guests I have had. Definitely a good place to dine.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Another great evening started where two of us had delicious scallops and kidneys in a creamy rich sauce for the others, helped with a fine white Rioja. A criticism, the bread, whilst fresh with crispy crust could be improved. We all had REAL Dublin Bay prawns as mains, three with lemon risotto and the fourth with courgette risotto again delicious. The red Ribera del Duero was excellent. Desserts were varied but in my mind the stunning meringue was tops. Service was attentive charming and professional, all our needs catered to speedily. The bill including a generous tip because of our menupages discount and three bottles of wine was great value at €50 a head. We are going back again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This really is an excellent restaurant with a very talented chef. Fantastic flavours well cooked and great presentation. Service with a smile and friendly caring attitude. Not cheap but not expensive. Nothing disappoints even when challenged. (Top creme brûlée). Get to this place you won't be disappointed.