“Disappointing”

Cuisines: European, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had wanted to go to this restaurant for some time. Everytime we passed it we thought it looked lovely. When we eventually did visit is was a sunny Sunday evening. Upon arrival we found the restaurant pretty empty. There was a couple sitting at the back of the restaurant and another at the front. We had to wait to be seated, then further wait for the menus. When we were ready to order we waited about 6 minutes before anyone came over despite trying to make eye contact with the waiting staff. They were trying to keep busy by drying glasses and missed the fact there were customers waiting to order. The food was nice but extremely overpriced for what it was. Afterall it was just pasta that we ordered. We couldn't understand why the waiting staff were so slow and disorganized considering there was hardly any people in the restaurant. We decided we would not visit again.

There are newer reviews for Bistro Martello

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My partner & I were most pleased with the overall service, food, & ambience of this little treasure! We both greatly enjoyed our food. Even though we happened to be the youngest out the lot, we most definitely were not treated as such... What a great place. See you soon !

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I organised a surprise 50th wedding anniversary for my mum and dad last week. I could not have asked for a better night. The food, as always (I've eaten here 3 times before), was fantastic. There were 25 of us and the food quality was superb. But the thing that really made the night was the level of service provided by Keith and his team. Everyone of my party commented on the warmth of welcome and no request was too much trouble. An absolutely brilliant night that was also extremely good value. I simply can't fault the place.

Thanks guys for making a very special night even more special. We'll be back soon and I think a lot of our guests will too.

1  Thank loufdub
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Had dinner here on a Saturday a few weeks ago. Everything went well - booking, table ready etc. The food was excellent and reasonable value.

1  Thank Philip87
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We had a family get together at the Bistro Martello and everyone was delighted with our evening. We had the Early Bird menu, which is available all evening - this was a Saturday - and everyone was very happy with their choices, with excellent presentation and fantastic service. Our waiter couldn't have been more helpful and our food arrived in good time, piping hot and delicious. This is a really convenient place for a group such as ours - who came from different parts of Dublin and beyond - as it is conveniently situated right on Dun Laoghaire seafront, with a carpark right across from the restaurant and location is easy to find. I have visited this restaurant on quite a few occasions, as I live locally and have never been disappointed - nor have any guests I have had. Definitely a good place to dine.