“Great location and very clean”

Paramount Hotel Temple Bar
Ranked #64 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights and I can honestly say I was very impressed.
The hotel is in the quiet side of the Main Street in Temple Bar. I had a room on the corner at the front of the hotel and although there was a little bit of noise it was nothing bad. I would say if you don't expect noise by staying in Temple Bar then you aren't been realistic.
This hotel is very clean, rooms are on the small side, but have everything you need. They have a hair dryer in the drawer and toiletries and provided free.
On the second night I asked to move rooms (no fault of the hotel) and was given a room at the back of the hotel. The room was totally different. Bathroom wasn't quite finished, but still not an issue. The beds are on the hard side, and the view in the second room was awful. There is also the noise at this end of the hotel from the pub that goes on until 2.30am so unless you plan to stay out late and don't mind, I would say ask for a room at the front of the hotel rather than the back.
Hotel provides free wifi, and again we had no problem but I heard other guests struggled for signal at the back of the hotel. Although again, in fairness to the hotel this is provided free and worked fine in my room (206).
Reception staff was very friendly and helpful. Many lovely places to eat and drink. I have been to Dublin man times, in different ranges of hotels. This is defiantly one that I shall return to at some point.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Shell1922
There are newer reviews for Paramount Hotel Temple Bar

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. I would not recommend this hotel. The room was tiny! (Even for UK/European standards). The bed took up the entire room - literally. The bathroom, on the other hand, was unusually large. The windows do not open and the room gets very stuffy very quickly, but they do provide a desk fan. We had read on Trip Advisor that this hotel was on top of a club, which it is. We had asked to have a room that faces the quite street. For some reason they changed us to a room that faces Parliament Street (and the main entrance to the club/bar). So at 2am Friday morning we awoke to drunken people shouting at each other.

Staff was very friendly. Location is great. It’s a 2 minute walk to Temple Bar, and easy walking to Grafton St, etc. It comes with free Wi-Fi. We did not have breakfast there, but ended up going down the street to “The Joy of Cha, Tea and Coffee" both mornings.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great location - we walked to the Guiness factory and to Temple bar so avoided taking a taxi, traffic is quite bad in Dublin. Rooms were clean and spacious with excellent wifi. Perfect for a city break. Can't comment on the breakfast as we ate out.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank denilson22
Reviewed 30 October 2013

A friend and I stayed here in September for 4 nights. The weather was wonderful in Ireland, which meant open windows to cool the room. While the room, beds, bath, and service we great, the street noise was almost unbearable. We heard drunk, loud conversations each night. And on Tuesday morning, the kegs for the nearby bars were changed. Imagine 100 empty kegs rattling down cobblestone streets! Very loud, long (from about 6am to 8:30am), and it was impossible to sleep.
The street noise level is outside of the control of the hotel, but guests should be aware of it. The hotel itself was quite enjoyable and reasonably priced.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

stayed here a couple of weeks ago on a sunday night.the hotel reception area is small ,but from the time you walk through the door ite elegantly furnished from the reception area to the rooms themselves,its in a prime location if you want to sample the delights our city of dublin has to offer.its bar an dlounge and restaurant is also part of the turks head pub which is a must for all travellers in dublin.if you want to go sight seeing just go right of the hotel for dame st,grafton st, and anywhere south of the city,or go left and cross capel bridge and you have the north side of the city all 5 to 10 mins either way.my wife and i loved this hotel and will be back.its a gem of a hotel nicely hidden away in dublin city.the only things i didnt like was the extractor fan was pretty noisey and comes on everytime you switch the bathroom light on and stays on for a while after you turn it off,and the kettle in my room did,nt work.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony ,it has a table and 2 chairs outside ideal for the summer evenings or...
Reviewed 24 October 2013

After a month of traveling, we landed at the Paramount Hotel, our final hotel of our European excursion.

I was so happy with our stay here! The hotel was beautiful and the staff were so helpful with everything.

The hotel is easy to get to from the airport and is located right next to Temple Bar and Dublin Castle!

The room was Large and comfortable. The Bathroom was also very spacious.

My only complaint is that the walls seemed a little thin because we could hear people walk in and out of their rooms and talking in the hallway - but I slept like a baby, so it didn't even phase me.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone - and am planning to stay here again when I visit Dublin next.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Had a very enjoyable stay at the Paramount Hotel. Ideal location very close to Temple Bar but far enough away to mean that it wasn't too noisy at night. Beautifully appointed rooms. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends