“We had a lovely time and I liked” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Clarence

The Clarence
Ranked #45 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
uk
“We had a lovely time and I liked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

I went on to late rooms and got a price, I then emailed the hotel directly and said what my price was and they quoted me a higher price, so I booked though late rooms
The hotel was a little pricey for what you got, but our room was lovely 101 – and everything was supper clean – there was no view, but it didn’t matter
The only thing that made me cross – was that when I emailed for the quote – I asked for dinner on Friday night – this price was included, and when we arrived there was a wedding and the tea rooms were closed – I felt like I was gate crashing a wedding, as when we arrived I had to walk though the wedding party, and the bar was then packed with guesses
The breakfast was fab, I really enjoyed it
We had been drinking in the bar on our second night, the bar staff kept us very entertained – they are a credit to the hotel, I presumed that the drinks had been put on our room – I had then gone for a couple of drinks in temple bar, on my return the bar man grabbed me, and had been looking for me in temple bar, as he didn’t realise I was saying in the hotel and thought I had “done a runner!” This did make me feel a little small
The desk were very helpful and the night porter was great
I would recommend this hotel to others for a weekend break to Dublin

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

Having stayed in the Clarence Hotel for three days over the Christmas period, I would have to say that it was like a home away from home. It's "city centre" location does bring with it the hustle and bustle of city accomodation, which all major city hotels do. The ambience of the hotel is warm and friendly, the staff are extremely helpful and we could not fault the service. The bedrooms were exquisite and clean and the breakfast had a varied choice catering for all tastes. The decor both in the common areas and the bederooms was tasteful and the fire lighting in the study created that "homely" feeling that you very rarely get in city centre accomodation anywhere in the world. Having stayed in many hotels across the globe, it has to be said that the warm, friendly atmsophere created by the Clarence Hotel and its staff has to be commended.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river give a lovely view of Dublin city.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Went here with a group over Christmas to the Restaurant part - the Tea Rooms. Whilst the service was fine, the food was absolutly appaling - you would get better on a low budget airline. The Sea Bass came on what looked like Baked Beans, but was worse than any supermarket tin. The Christmas Turkey and Ham option tasted like rubber and the Rice Pudding desert was like Ready Break, only worse. Not at all worth the money we paid.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank kaks122
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel with special purpose, just because the owners of this hotel it's Bono and The Edge, but probably my expectation was to strong connect with U2 group, that s why I was disappointed about:-) generally hotel is really in the heart of Dublin s Pubs so during the night could be loudly. Inside everything is correct, rooms are clean and with nice personal finishing, but little old and need to be renovate. Breakfast are real good, but served and you have to wait long time to get it, a lot of person during the breakfast were turning around but not for the reason to served you quick;-) but once again probably my expectation was to high consider the price 270 euro per night. On the end from my side I was missing U2 sign... No music nothing... But probably it s not for everybody who want to stay in the hotel. One more thing to add mini bar had a very good quality of french wine:-)

• Stayed December 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

I hear that this is Bono's hotel?
The night I was their, no hot water, ok, that can be unfortunate, but no shampoo or soap in the bathroom, very cold room, Wifi system almost unusable via a third party company. I shall not be repeating the visit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Simon W
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

I stayed here for 6 days last week and it was a very enjoyable experience. You can not beat this location. If you walk out the back door you are in Temple Bar. If you walk out the front door you are right on the river Liffy so you are close to everything.

The hotel itself is also really nice. The rooms are really clean and spacious and the bed was super comfortable.

The location is great, the room is great but the staff is what makes this hotel such a nice place to stay. The guys at the front desk were so nice and so incredibly helpful. I felt very welcome there and I felt very well taken care of. I would highly recommend staying at the Clarence. (And Dublin is lovely at Christmastime!)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Galway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

We had our office Christmas lunch in the Tea Rooms last week & it was really very disappointing. There was pretty much no Christmas atmosphere apart from a tree in the corner. It was have been nice if the table had been dressed with table cloth & a few decoration / crackers, etc. Food was not very exciting and we were served by one sullen waiter while three other staff chatted in the corner. Needless to say - I wont be going back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business