“The place to stay in Dublin!”
Review of The Clarence

The Clarence
Ranked #44 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am very happy that I chose to stay at the Clarence for my first trip to Dublin. The hotel feels like a home rather than a hotel. The rooms are simple in decor, clean, modern and comfortable. It is centrally located to all the key sites. The staff is very professional, friendly and accommodating. I stayed 2 nights at the hotel upon my arrival to Dublin, then left for a visit the West Coast of Ireland. They stored my luggage and upon my return had upgraded me to a larger room facing the river Liffey! It made for a perfect ending to my Ireland trip. The food in the restaurant is fantastic, unique and unforgettable. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If it is a Friday or Saturday night I recommend to ask for a room that doesn't face the river. I...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
RShanley2013, Manager at The Clarence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Joni Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to complete the online review after your recent stay at the Clarence Hotel.

It goes without saying that we were genuinely delighted to read all the nice things you said about your stay.

Perhaps we will have the privilege of welcoming you back in the not too distant future and with that in mind, if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

In the meantime and once again, thank you very much.

Mario Beeli de Belfort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,822)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff was very accomodating and we got an upgrade for our room, and what an upgrade ! We were on the last floor next to the penthouse and had a woonderful view on the river and the quays. Plus, the location is great, we could visit almost everything on foot and were the closest to Temple Bar

Room Tip: Room 501 and the other one next to the penthouse (503 I believe) has a wonderful view and a balcony
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Laetitia G,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us in such detail.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I was delighted to read that you had time to avail of the facilities here at the Hotel and that you enjoyed them so much.

We hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you will have another memorable and relaxing stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Clarence is well located to enjoy the best of Dublin! You can easily find your way around the most historic parts of Dublin and everything is walkable and easy to find from here. The best part is your access to O'Connell St and Trinity University, and the theatre district, plus your right in the heart of Temple Bar- the entertainment district of Dublin!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RShanley2013, Manager at The Clarence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Tim292,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at The Clarence Hotel Dublin and thank you for having taken the time to review your experience of our establishment on Tripadvisor.

Your opinion is important to us and your feedback is most appreciated indeed.
Comments from our guests allow us to carefully monitor and ensure the very best of standards.

I do hope that it will not be too long before I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Clarence Hotel and thank you once again for your comments and custom.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

There is nothing fancy or over the top about this hotel but it's really lovely! The staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are small but nicely appointed with simple, clean, modern design, but feel warm. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
RShanley2013, Manager at The Clarence, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Rachel A,

Thank you for having stayed with us and for your favourable review of The Clarence Hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are all delighted with your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you once more for recommending The Clarence Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My Dad and I came to the Clarence as a bit of a "bucket list" trip; he is terminally ill and has wanted to go Ireland his whole life. I am so glad I picked the Clarence... These guys went above and beyond at every juncture to provide incredible service and accommodation to us, all without knowing our situation; simply because that is how they work. Every single person I met at the Clarence exemplified heartfelt service, from the concierge who called my cell phone to make sure I was OK after a flat tire to the front desk who offered me a complimentary pint and a quiet place to rest after a hard day to the bartender who shared all of his secrets to a great night in Dublin to the man who offered to park both of our cars in the rainstorm and help my dad inside.... These guys were unbelievable.

The Clarence is a beautiful and luxurious hotel, yes; but more than anything it is a place populated by caring and compassionate people who genuinely want their guests to have the visit of a lifetime. And we did.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear JMMastersonm,

In the meantime and once again, thank you very much.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Excellent location. Rooms clean and on 5th floor view is excellent. Staff are very friendly and accomodating. However, price was expensive enough and did not include breakfast. Rooms are lovely but nothing special. Overall would stay again for the location.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Feline319

Dear Feline319,

Your opinion is important to us and your feedback is most appreciated indeed.

Thank you for recommending The Clarence Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I took my husband to Dublin for his birthday and we stayed at The Clarence - I was slightly nervous that maybe it would just be hanging on a title of it's owners but have to say we loved it, our room was huge with lovely large bed and the staff we're delightful, helpful and charming - and it's location is fantastic. Thank you to all the staff there for a lovely weekend.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Rubyroseevans,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently on this review site.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Yours sincerely,