“Ok but nov 13 - dec 13 loads of work going on”

Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
Ranked #53 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was an ok hotel. The outside looks like a 1960's office block but the renovations inside are to a good standard. A lot has been spent on the hotel but in general it is probably too big fir what is needed. The bar is empty but huge so no atmosphere at all. The staff are all very friendly.

When i stayed if you wanted to sleep part 0650 then ask to not. Have a room at the back of the hotel as a workmans lift is there and you cannot sleep through it.

Overall an ok stay

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DoubleTree B, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay. We are grateful for all feedback from guests, as it gives us the opportunity to improve all aspects of our hotel and provide feedback to our team.

There are newer reviews for Clayton Hotel Burlington Road

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Large hotel currently undergoing renovations. I found the noise very annoying in that the construction started pretty early and went til around 7:00 PM. Not a big deal unless you plan for some extra sleep or work. Nice buffet breakfast was included. The other choice for food at lunch and dinner was the bar which I thought had an okay menu at best. Enough choices but nothing to get excited about. Better to go out for meals. Bar was dead every night despite large conferences staying at hotel. Room was basic but fine and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Hotel located within walking distance to all attractions. Reasonable location. Overall I was pleased with the hotel at a very reasonable rate.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Good price, quality ratio for a hotel in a big and popular city in Europe. Wifi and breakfast are included. Public transports is in front of the hotel. Room are up-to-date and clean. Location is on walking distance of the city centre.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree B, Hotel Administrator at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin and that you found our location to be convenient for both publ;ic transport and walking to the city centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future for another enjoyable stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Double Tree during a conference that was organised by my company and I could not rate the staff or the hotel high enough. Nothing was a problem and we were all treated like royality, during our working day the staff kept checking in with us to see if anything was needed, I put on half a stone due to the amazing food we were offered and kept in constant supply. By the end of the 4 day conference the exhibitors and delegates alike were also praising the hotel and its staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for either business or pleasure. S.D.

1  Thank Suzanne D
DoubleTree B, Hotel Administrator at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor following your recent conference.

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Hotel Team -we have shared your kind words with the entire team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you again for your continued support.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Quite a few locals still know this as the Burlington rather than the Doubletree by Hilton, useful when you are trying to get there by taxi!
Check in was painless, aside from a minor problem in that the receptionist programmed a conventional key when the 6th floor are all prox keys. Apparently the rooms had only been handed back the day before my arrival. Soon sorted though with profuse apologies from the reception.
The room was lovely, others have remarked on the large HD TVs, better than the one I have at home! The room is very nicely decorated & appointed. One slight criticism is that the power socket on the desk is a lift up unit, hidden behind a chrome cover. Fine if you know it's there, confusing if you don't!
The main restaurant was closed whilst the refurb is being done so they serve a reasonable menu in the bar area. If I have any complaints it is around this. They are serving bar food but charging restaurant prices. The menu is quite limited & if I'd have had more time I'd have found some other food down the road at one of the bars. The food was OK, not great & my typical bill for an evening was 44 Euro or so for a G & T, 2 large bottles of sparkling water & two courses. I know Ireland & especially Dublin isn't cheap but this is excessive. The bar area seats seemed to fill very fast as well, not everyone wants to sit in a bar full of TV screens with football on, especially if working,
Breakfast was very nice, although the staff seemed to be focused on clearing tables rather than serving, getting someone's attention to get some fried eggs ordered was a challenge. Not helped by how busy the place was. This was also an issue as I wanted to extend my check out but they were so busy they couldn't do this. Not impressed as this is something I expect as an Hhonors card holder.

1  Thank tr7v8

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We recently held an International conference at the hotel and I must commend all staff in the hotel for their attention to detail, very friendly and helpful natures and the professionalism afforded to us as organisers and all our delegates and exhibitors. I have been contacted by many of our attendees who have commented positively on the rooms, food, facilities and location of the hotel and in all years of running conferences, I have not been contacted directly by attendees re the venue! I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any event organisation companies. Thank you so much David and team!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed in the Burlington recently while attending a rugby a rugby international.
From the moment I arrived, to my departure I had a most enjoyable experience. The hotel is of an extremely high standard and the staff are excellent. The friendliness and attention to detail throughout my stay was second to none. My recently renovated room was luxurious and very comfortable.
Every staff member that I dealt with was most helpful and very friendly. The evening meal and breakfast were top class and despite the wrong result in the match I most certainly will be back to the Burlington.

Donal Mc Donald

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Jane I, Hotel Administrator at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Donal M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin Hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay whilst attending a rugby international match. The hotel is ideally situated for traveling to any matches with both in the Aviva Stadium and the RDS only a 20 minute walk from the Hotel. Hopefully for your next stay we will be popping champagne for the boys in Green!

We hope that you will continue to be a loyal and valued guest of the Doubletree by Hilton Dublin – Burlington Road. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another enjoyable stay.

Warm Regards,