“Comfortable Stay”

Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
Ranked #52 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 April 2014

On recommendation of my son my husband and I stayed at the DT Hilton in Dublin. Everone was extremely helpful and friendly, The room was very clean and comfortable. We had planned on moving to a different hotel closer to where my daughter is at UCD but after staying one night at DT Hilton we changed our plans, cancelled our other hotel and booked a room at DT hilton for the remainder of our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree B, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for many more enjoyable stays and of course some more of our famous Cookies!
Kind Regards,

Jane Igoe
Hotel Administrator, Executive Office
Direct Email: Jane.Igoe@Hilton.com

Main Telephone: +353 (0)1 6185600

There are newer reviews for Clayton Hotel Burlington Road

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel to friendly staff. We collected are room cards and received are cookie! Which was very good. The rooms are very clean. Are room was on the 5th floor. Everyday the beds gets made,fresh towels and sparkling and mineral bottle s are put into your room. The service was fantastic. The staff wer very friendly
Found the location abit far from the main town.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,
Kind Regards,

Jane Igoe
Hotel Administrator, Executive Office
Direct Email: Jane.Igoe@Hilton.com

Main Telephone: +353 (0)1 6185600

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my wife in early April. I had a lovely time there. When we arrived we were given beautiful warm chocolate cookies. When we got to our room our key card would not open the door. I went back to the decks the receptionist came back up with me and let us in. 5 mins later the maintenance man was there to reprogram the door. They compensated us with the use for the executive lounge which was a lovely treat. The room was nice and spacious and it was one for the rooms that was newly renovated. It had a great shower and we had bath robes for use too. Why I did not give 5 stars for this hotel was the food in the bar. It bland and a little too pricey for what you got. When departing we asked for 2 more cookies for our kids and the receptionist gave us 4. Nice touch again.
Would go back to this hotel. Much improved since it has been taken over.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DoubleTree B, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay. We are grateful for all feedback from guests, as it gives us the opportunity to improve all aspects of our hotel and provide feedback to our team.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from 12th april to 15th... very clean n a nice hotel great staff always very helpfull. Slight problem with bedroom heating changed our room n gave breakfast for free due to inconvience. I wish the hotel was a little closer... temple bar a good 25min walk.. but all in all a good hotel!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Yesterday, which was several days since i checked out, I tried contacting the hotel to recieve a receipt from my stay. As I checked out, I was not given a final receipt. Through several attempts to call the hotel in Dublin - using the correct phone number listed on the web site, each time the call was forwarded to booking operators in the US. These staff members could not provide me direct phone line (other than the Irish number listed on the website that is call forwarded to the US. They could not provide me a copy of my bill. Finally, I gave up in frustration, but may have challenges with my employer for reimbursement of my stay. Otherwise, on site, the hotel staff was efficient and thoughtful.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was staying on the 6th floor to the side of the hotel and I was kept awake most of the night. Between people out smoking at the side entrance and deliveries to the hotel there was loads of noise. Not to mention that you can actually hear everything in the rooms beside you. There were girls at either side of me that were at a function in the hotel and proceeded to keep the party going in the room after. Although the hotel is nice and clean it is very busy. Therefore, I would not recommend this hotel to business travelers looking for a good nights sleep or couples looking for a romantic breaks. I would however recommend it if you are at a function, drinking and wont stay awake through the noise or part of a big group.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Hotel is good and clean and the staff are very helpful. Room service can be slow at times and if booking ask to be away from any building works while the hotel is being refurbished. The menu for the food is limited but there are some good pubs and restaurants in close walking distance.