“Beautiful hotel, incredible staff, great location”

The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I have read a lot of negatives about the Shelbourne on this site, and really could not find any of the faults that have been pointed out. We all loved the place: the staff worked so hard to help us, the location is amazing, and the hustle and bustle combined with the beauty of the first floor public rooms was very enjoyable. Though (obviously) more expensive than a B&B, we thought it was a reasonable value for a beautiful hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Dear fourfamilytravels

Many thanks for this fantastic review of our Hotel that you posted on the TripAdvisor website!

I am delighted that our Staff created such a great and memorable experience for you and your Family, and that you "could not find any of the faults" in the Hotel and you enjoyed its grandiose decor. That is fantastic indeed!

I do hope to personally welcome you back in our Hotel in the future!

For any future reservations, please do contact me directly and I will be delighted to assist with your arrangements.

With best wishes from Dublin,

MARIA SIERPOWSKA-HARBORTH | GUEST RELATIONS TEAM LEADER
THE SHELBOURNE DUBLIN, A RENAISSANCE HOTEL | 27 St Stephen’s Green | Dublin 2 | Ireland
t: 353.1.663.4500  f: 353.1 661 6006

Write a ReviewReviews (3,819)

Reviewed 6 August 2011

We didn't stay at the Shelbourne but had an opportunity to stand in front of it one morning when we were waiting for our tour. It began to rain so we stepped under the canopy. A gentleman in black immediately came over and shooed us off into the rain telling us the bus would. "pick us up over there". He used his body to move foward as to sweep us away. HIs attitude conveyed to us that we were not welcomed or worthy. I won't be staying at the Shelbourne.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank madee1
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2011

Dear madee1

Greetings from The Shelbourne Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us.

I am saddened to read that you did not feel welcome in The Shelbourne Hotel.
Please, be advised that all of our Front of the House Personnel are considered very courteous and helpful, and I am positive that at no point did they want to make you feel uncomfortable or "not worthy".

If you are ever coming back to Dublin or passing by The Shelbourne Hotel, please do contact me personally and I commit to demonstrating the highest standard of the Shelbourne service and creating a memorable experience for you.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed in the Shelbourne on July 13th. The sun was shinning as I pulled up to the hotel, the concierge took my car so I didn't need to worry about packing. Staff on reception were quick but friendly. There was lovely biscuits and home made lemonade if I wanted. The Biscuits were divine. My room was lovely, big bathroom and plenty of space. We had dinner in the restaurant, it was buzzing and I was surprised how busy it was, Great early bird menu. Dinner was lovely, very tasty and not small portions. We went into the bar afterwards and it was really busy, great buzz. We got two seats and had a few glasses of lovely wine. Overall a great time and I would recommend the Shelbourne, its a real treat and you feel like a super star staying in this famous hotel. Well done to the new general mgrs, new sales mgr doing a great job.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2011

Dear UnaMullingar

Many thanks for this brilliant review of our Hotel that you poested on the TripAdvisor website!

I am delighted to read that every single staff member made you feel as if you were a "super star"! This is the very commitment to the service we endevour to offer to every single of our Guests.

I do hope to welcome you personally in our Hotel in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

With best regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2011

which was at a great location across from St. Stephen Green. Hop on Hop off bus stop was across the street. There is a vast shopping center at the end of the street. Marriott club members received a full buffet breakfast during the week. It was plentiful and did included an omelet station. Club members can also ordered off the breakfast menu with no addition charge.
The Hor d'ouves and danities were short supply in the evening. The club lounge was very hard to find. The club lounge was very comfort and never crowded.
We had dinner in the main restaurant and it was adequate.
There is no coffee or tea maker in the room. And one coffee and one tea cost us E8.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank inthegarden
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Dear inthegarden

Greetings from The Shelbourne Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your opinion with us via the TripAdvisor website.

Indeed, our Hotel is very conveniently located, which allows our Guest to reach all the superb Dublin pubs, shops and restaurants on foot.

In relation to the matter related to the lack of coffee&tea facilities in the room, please be advised that the matter is being reviewed at the moment and will be positively resolved very shortly.

Once again, thank you very much for your review.

Wishing you a good weekend!

Reviewed 3 August 2011

It was a special anniversary occasion for my wife and I and Reception saw to it that we were pampered from the start. The Room Service staff were right on top of their jobs, polite, courteous and obliging. We dined in an excellent atmosphere, choosing from a well-balanced menu. The food was to a very high standard, timed to perfection and elegantly presented. The waiters were attentive yet hardly noticed. The room was most comfortable with every detail delivering a quiet restful night. Breakfast was bright and cheerful providing the perfect start to the day (fried-egg lovers will appreciate their individual preparation as opposed to the commonly-found collection firming up under the heat-lamps!). The public rooms were comfortable and welcoming and the flower arrangements were exquisite. Well done Mr Hanley and your staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear VernonC

Thank you very much for this fantasticaly positive review of our Hotel that you shared via the TripAdvisor website!

I am most pleased that our Staff managed to ensure that your special anniversary was so memorable, and your and your wife's stay ran seamlessly from the very beginning of your Shelbourne adventure.

I do hope we will have the pleasure to host you for some other ocassions you might want to celebrate in The Shelbourne Hotel in the future.

If you ever decide to come back to our Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be delighted to assist you in making your reservation.

With best wishes from Dublin,

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great hotel, lives up to its reputation for great rooms and hotel facilities.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Angela60745

Many thanks for this positive and concise review of our Hotel!

I am delighted to you "loved" our Grand Lady and we managed to fulfill the expectaions you had.

Please do contact me directly for any future reservations and I will be delighted to be of personal assistance.

Wishing you a great weekend!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

The Shelbourne was a touch pricey, but was an almost perfect experience. Our family traveled to Ireland when I had a business meeting (2 days) and then extended it to a holiday (4 more days.)

The rooms (we had a suite with two rooms (one with a 2 queens and one with a pull-out)were clean, spacious and well appointed.

The staff was spectacular. The most polite staff ever. The front desk, bellmen and wait staff were fantastic. The downstairs bars were fantastic and so was the barber in the basement. The concierge was not quite as helpful as we would've hoped, but was OK.

We also had breakfast included with our room rate. The breakfast was the same each day, which was just fine as they had a nice selection of different foods served as a buffet. They also had an a la carte menu that was available.
We would go back tomorrow if we could!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Tigger303

Greetings from The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your extended business/family holiday trip in our Hotel.

I am especially delighted to read that it was our "spectacular", to use your own wording, members of Staff who managed to ensure the highest service and make your stay so memorable. I can ensure you that I will pass your kind comments onto our Staff.

Once again, thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your ideas with us via TripAdvisor website.

Please do not hesiate to contact me directly, if you ever plan to return to our property.

With best wishes,