The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Conrad Dublin(Dublin)
  • Room Service
3,954 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roomirish constitutionbeautiful hotelfive star hotelst stephensmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetrinity collegetemple barmarriottconciergeirelanddoormanluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Unfortunately we didn't stay at the Shelbourne but I still wanted to praise them for the wedding. Great atmosphere, staff were awesome and the food was fantastic. For any couples getting married here, you must have the fillet of beef on your menu!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your experience at the wedding in The Shelbourne Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have to say I was pleasently surprised that The Shelbourne Hotel was capable of producing such excellent vegan menu's. I was in The Saddle Room and the Manager James was on the ball - offering me a selection of dishes and desserts. I had a fantastic evening (and have to say my meal was better than anyone else's:)) It is always refreshing to use a hotel that actually has real Chef's - who are not thrown when someone has dietary requirements - fantastic meal - no hassle catering to me at all.

If you are looking for a special meal - then make sure you check out The Saddle room (and if James is around even better). I was even told that they had a Vegan Wedding in October, which just goes to show how able they are to provide top notch food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle T

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your experience at The Saddle room restaurant in The Shelbourne Hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the service that James and his team were able to provide. They will be delighted to read of your praise.

Thank you again for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Being a platinum marriott member you expect the best rooms and I didn't get it . My colleague also the same status and booked in the same time got a fantastic room , mine was tired odd shaped and views of nothing. So he was happy I was disappointed and as I stay 100 nights a year in marriotts I would expect a lot better .

Service was hit or a miss, I told the maître Di at breakfast I was meeting with a colleague he did not him to meet me, he also had asked for me

With so many staff they could have done so much better .............

Room Tip: If you are unhappy complain , I should have done .
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your stay and that it was not to your satisfaction. I would like to investigate some of the issues you have mentioned further. Please email me at your earliest at rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel and for bringing these issues to my attention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My partner, my 5 year old granddaughter and I stayed here for the last two days of our five day break in Ireland from the UK.We haven't been to The Shelbourne for over a year, but as soon as you are greeted by the lads on the revolving door, it's as if we'd never been away. Staying here is more than just booking accommodation; you are buying an experience. Seeing some of the most professionally trained staff in the Irish Hospitality Industry in action is part of that experience ,together with the high standards of food and beverages adds to the pleasure of staying at The Shelbourne. Jane,the reception manager, runs a tight ship as the checking in process is always friendly and swift; not to mention the free lemonade and cookies....and of course, the occasional upgrade if they can do it. The breakfast service is the best in town with one of the nicest blends of tea I've ever tasted. Our granddaughter, Layla, thought it was "well posh" and wants to stay here again; and, of course, we will; that's a certainty.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and ask for a 'Heritage room'. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of The Shelbourne Hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed the stay and that from the team on the door to Jane you were looked after.

Our team will be delighted to read these comments and they will serve as a great motivator for the future. Thank you once again for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I look forward to welcoming you and Layla back again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent one night stay here. The Hotel is elegant, close to everything and the staff were truly professional. Alexandra in the restaurant was a star.

We will return and recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found Alexandra to be noteworthy of mentioning. I will pass your kind words to our restaurant manager who will share these with the team.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel.
I look forward to your return.