The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Conrad Dublin(Dublin)
  • Room Service
3,955 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roomirish constitutionbeautiful hotelfive star hotelst stephensmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetrinity collegetemple barmarriottconciergeirelanddoormanluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here in January, as we were going to a concert around the corner at the NCH. Staff were most welcoming and enthusiastic right from the start. Had a really nice Heritage room. We dined before going to the concert. The food was first class - as was the breakfast the following morning. Really good spacious bathroom. We will return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you have chosen the hotel as your home away from home before the concert. Our team will be delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated their service. It was our pleasure to host you during your stay.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel was exquisite, well located with especially good bar and an excellent drink which won awards: The No 27 - a refreshing bourbon/orange drink.
Ii particularly appreciate the concierge service, especially Paul Burke, who was immensely helpful and concerned about our change in flight plans. My 8 friends hope to return within the year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team took excellent care of you. Paul our concierge will be especially delighted to read of your appreciation.

We look forward to welcoming you and all your friends back soon. Thank you again for choosing The Shelbourne hotel on your recent trip.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I returned here with my family as a pre-Christmas treat, as usual the Shelbourne gave us a wonderful experience. The Champagne Afternoon tea was a delight. The food was plentiful and very nice. The staff were welcoming and attentive as always. I would recommend that everyone should have afternoon tea in the Shelbourne once in their lifetime. I think this will become an annual Christmas tradition in my house!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank itchyfeet1984
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel for the Afternoon Tea experience. I was glad to read that you enhanced the afternoon tea experience further with the addition of the champagne. Thank you for recommending this experience to our future guests.

It was a pleasure to host you and your guests and we look forward to welcoming you back this year.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights for my wife's birthday. The reception staff were very nice and made you feel relaxed from the moment we arrived. The first night I didn't sleep due to a very uncomfortable bed so mentioned it to reception on our way to breakfast. They said it would be sorted. It still wasn't that evening so had to mention it again. This time we got moved to another room which had a comfy bed. Having to repack and unpack was annoying but what can you do. The breakfast was lovely with great choice. We ate lunch in the bar which was good but didn't eat in the restaurant. The menu looked good and was well priced. Overall it is a nice hotel in a great location. Would recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team were able to resolve any issues you experienced. Our No. 27 Bar team will be glad to read that you enjoyed the dining experiences. Thank you for recommending the hotel to future guests.

Thank you also for choosing The Shelbourne hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Went there for 3 days with my husband. Nice welcoming at the reception. The lady (dont remember her name) who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. She suggested a dinner at the hotel and we were very glad that we took her advice. She made the reservations for that same day! The dinner at the hotel was delicious!!!
The concierge helped us indicating how to get to the Guinness Brewery, but not very friendly. And when we wanted a suggestion for a restaurant (for dinner) he suggested one called Gallagers. I asked if he could make us reservations since it was already 9pm but he said it wasn't necessary. When we got to the restaurant the kitchen was closed!!!
Also, the shower is not very good. The water comes out in so many directions it takes forever to rinse ones hair.
Breakfast is ok. The decoration of the entire hotel is very very beautiful, but the dining room is very long. One day we sat in a table that was way too far from the buffet. Also, the service during breakfast is not as good as the service during dinner. I had to wait for almost 10 min to get sugar and sweeteners AFTER coffee was poured into my cup.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. I have read your review with a mixed reaction. On one hand I was delighted that you enjoyed the check in experience and your time in the restaurant, but I was disappointed to also learn of your other experiences.

Thank you for bringing them to my attention. I would be delighted to discuss your stay in further detail and would also encourage you to contact me at your earliest convenience. My email is rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com.

Thank you once again for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I look forward to hearing from you.