“Great Location”

Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dallas, Texas
“Great Location”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Really nice restaurant and bar. Room was great with comfy bed. Room service was really efficient. Location is excellent for wandering the city. Staff was very helpful. Great place to stay and to visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely feedback from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am delighted pass to the whole team your great feedback. I hope that next time you are in Dublin for a vacation we will be your first choice of hotel Please feel free to contact me directly.

rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

great location within 5-10 minutes of many attractions or travel to the attractions made this a great part of the Shelbourne. St. Stephens Green was soooo beautiful with a sunny day and flowers blooming. The staff were friendly. The interiors are being updated as we speak in the guest rooms. Complimentary buffet breakfast was given to us- not sure if this is because we are Marriott Rewards or for all guests. The hotel has a museum that mentions the hotels place in history.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin.

I was so pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the fantastic location of the hotel and St Stephens Green Park.

A full refurbishment of all our rooms is currently taking place and will hopefully be complete by the end of 2014.

I hope that next time you are in Dublin for a vacation we will be your first choice of hotel.

wilmslow
Reviewed 23 April 2014

heavy day shopping? Still a couple of notes still in the wallet or purse? Take yourself off to the bar at the Shelbourne and order a drink at the corner bar. Blink as the bill arrives and then enjoy looking at Dublin's finest as they unwind after a hard day. Real money here, folks, and don't you soon know it - take your time, sip your drink (you won't be able to afford another) and take in the craic.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the great feedback from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our No 27 Bar and the atmosphere it has to offer.

Cork
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights at the Shelbourne. Excellent hotel. Great location, really great hotel design and facilities. Staff very helpful. Definitely 5 start. A bit pricey so worth noting but worth it.
No 27 bar is great and very open , bright. If staying some great bars on Dawson street if not into the standard more hassle of temple bar area. Try out Cafe en Seine. Hotel directly opposite St Stephens Green park.Worth booking the breakfast as part of booking as very expensive otherwise. Hop on/Hop off buses also just across the street.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Shelbourne Hotel from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your amazing feedback and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I would be my pleasure to personally take care of any future reservations for you. Please feel free to contact me directly. The team and I will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I did a ton of research before booking this hotel and was so impressed with how true many of these reviews turned out to be. This hotel is worth the price if you are looking for a bit of luxury during your stay. We were able to check in early and found the concierge to be very helpful with booking tours (we didn't book anything before arriving). If your room is not ready earlier, you can use the spa for free to shower. If you are a gold member with Marriott, you will enjoy free breakfast during your stay (€29 otherwise). If you can get a package that includes breakfast, it is well worth it. The hotel is right across a beautiful park and a 10 minute walk from the temple bar area. Also, tons of great restaurants and shopping within 2 blocks. We decided to take air coach to and from the airport which drops/picks up right by the hotel for €7 each way.

Room Tip: Wasn't able to book 2 double beds online, but upon check in, they were available
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that we were able to accommodate an early check in for you and that the Concierge team were able to assist you with seeing the beautiful scenery Ireland has to offer.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back, in the near future. I would be my pleasure to personally take care of any future reservations for you. Please feel free to contact me directly.

houston, texas
Reviewed 20 April 2014

What I enjoyed the most was the can-do attitude of the entire staff. They were amenable to any request and happy to assist. I found this to be true of the Irish people in general but when paired with a great location and lovely, comfortable rooms it was just the touch of old world charm to make a quick trip into a relaxing holiday

Room Tip: We did upgrade to the park view rooms based on other reviews and they were beautiful. The location i...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to write your lovely comments from your stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I was delighted to read your fantastic comments about our associates and that you had a comfortable stay with us throughout.

I hope that on your next visit to Dublin, the team and I will have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Shelbourne.

Poipu
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel is located in the best location, was so beautiful and the room had great amenities. We were on vacation from the States, and weren't in the hotel much, but loved every second we were there. The guest room and bath were both spacious (we had a quad for a family of four). The bed was so comfortable, and in particular, the pillows were amazing (where can I purchase these??). I wish we had brought work out clothes because the gym and the pool were really nice! The breakfast buffet was also delicious!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent feedback from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I was so pleased to read that you were able to enjoy a good night’s sleep. The pillows are particularly comfortable and can be purchased at www.shopmarriott.com.

I hope that next time you are in Dublin for a vacation we will be your first choice of hotel, where you can enjoy our Health Club and Spa facilities.