“Consistently good ”

The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Shelbourne for the third time in March and it was a great experience. The Oyster Bar is superb the Lounge relaxing with great service and the Saddle Room excellent fare (albeit the door attendants a little unfriendly). The Spa was very restful although the massages need to be firmer. Overall a good place for a weary traveller.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely feedback from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am delighted to read that this was your third stay with us to the hotel. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed our Oyster Bar and Saddle Room Restaurant during your time with us. Likewise we welcome your feedback, and it has also been highlighted to our Spa Manager for future guests in our Spa enjoying a treatment.

The team and are are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne. It would be my pleasure to personally take care of any future reservations for you. Please feel free to contact me directly.

rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,835)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Everything a tourist could want within the hotel or walking distance. It's in a safe area and the staff was helpful and professional. It's no cheap but so worth it if you want a nice place to stay. This was a girls weekend and the spa was nice as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your great feedback from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I was delighted to read the excellent comments about our team and that you enjoyed our Health Club and Spa facilities.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Really nice restaurant and bar. Room was great with comfy bed. Room service was really efficient. Location is excellent for wandering the city. Staff was very helpful. Great place to stay and to visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted pass to the whole team your great feedback. I hope that next time you are in Dublin for a vacation we will be your first choice of hotel Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

great location within 5-10 minutes of many attractions or travel to the attractions made this a great part of the Shelbourne. St. Stephens Green was soooo beautiful with a sunny day and flowers blooming. The staff were friendly. The interiors are being updated as we speak in the guest rooms. Complimentary buffet breakfast was given to us- not sure if this is because we are Marriott Rewards or for all guests. The hotel has a museum that mentions the hotels place in history.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin.

I was so pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the fantastic location of the hotel and St Stephens Green Park.

A full refurbishment of all our rooms is currently taking place and will hopefully be complete by the end of 2014.

I hope that next time you are in Dublin for a vacation we will be your first choice of hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

heavy day shopping? Still a couple of notes still in the wallet or purse? Take yourself off to the bar at the Shelbourne and order a drink at the corner bar. Blink as the bill arrives and then enjoy looking at Dublin's finest as they unwind after a hard day. Real money here, folks, and don't you soon know it - take your time, sip your drink (you won't be able to afford another) and take in the craic.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the great feedback from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our No 27 Bar and the atmosphere it has to offer.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights at the Shelbourne. Excellent hotel. Great location, really great hotel design and facilities. Staff very helpful. Definitely 5 start. A bit pricey so worth noting but worth it.
No 27 bar is great and very open , bright. If staying some great bars on Dawson street if not into the standard more hassle of temple bar area. Try out Cafe en Seine. Hotel directly opposite St Stephens Green park.Worth booking the breakfast as part of booking as very expensive otherwise. Hop on/Hop off buses also just across the street.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Shelbourne Hotel from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your amazing feedback and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I would be my pleasure to personally take care of any future reservations for you. Please feel free to contact me directly. The team and I will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I did a ton of research before booking this hotel and was so impressed with how true many of these reviews turned out to be. This hotel is worth the price if you are looking for a bit of luxury during your stay. We were able to check in early and found the concierge to be very helpful with booking tours (we didn't book anything before arriving). If your room is not ready earlier, you can use the spa for free to shower. If you are a gold member with Marriott, you will enjoy free breakfast during your stay (€29 otherwise). If you can get a package that includes breakfast, it is well worth it. The hotel is right across a beautiful park and a 10 minute walk from the temple bar area. Also, tons of great restaurants and shopping within 2 blocks. We decided to take air coach to and from the airport which drops/picks up right by the hotel for €7 each way.

Room Tip: Wasn't able to book 2 double beds online, but upon check in, they were available