“Lovely Hotel in the city centre”

The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Really beautiful and historic hotel in the city centre. Check in and out was fast and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The pool is a lovely oasis in the city centre and was very quiet and relaxing. We enjoyed a couples massage in the spa, I would totally recommend the spa as it was so relaxing and a great end to our stay. The room itself was pretty small but it had everything we needed.It felt very small as myself and my husband were getting ready to attend a wedding and we both kept getting in each others way. We stayed in a standard double room which over looked a court yard area. Breakfast was included and had something for everyone!

Room Tip: Some standard doubles are quiet small.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roadtravelled09
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay and that you especially enjoyed the Spa. I would recommend that you try our Heritage class rooms on your next stay.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip and I hope that you both enjoyed the wedding. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

JD Flynn

Write a ReviewReviews (3,820)

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this for a special lady to mark her 70th. The room was elegant and beautiful. The girl looking after us was very inexperienced and it made us nervous. She handled our cups without using the handle etc. She had as much grace as shrek! My tea was cold, thought it was too much milk, poured more but still cold, my two companions sent their coffee back for same reason. Disappointing all round. Lady playing the piano was a nice touch. Then to depart they gave us a box in a bag with unused scones/desserts. When we got home they had all mixed together. Very annoying. It's the little things that make a place stand out. This lacked the finesse of a 5 star hotel. Would recommend westbury for a better afternoon tea experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilary1976

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in The Lord Mayors Lounge. I was disappointed to read of this. I would ask that you contact the Manager in charge so that we can investigate this in depth. Please email Ivan King at Ivan.king@renaissancehotels.com

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on this trip. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed in Shelbourne recently for my granddaughters 16th birthday, from the moment we arrived it was a first class experience. Check in was quick and efficient while still being friendly. The glass of homemade lemonade was a nice touch? the bar staff were excellent as was the food. the rooms were bright and spacious with fantastic views of stephen's green? Breakfast was all you would expect of a Marriott, again served by friendly efficient staff. my only regret is that we didn't have time to use the leisure facilities...next time hopefully. the bathroom was huge and had everything including separate shower and bath tub. Beds very comfortable. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jesolodublin_10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I was especially enamoured to see you enjoyed the Health Club and the spacious rooms.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Shelbourne for the third time in March and it was a great experience. The Oyster Bar is superb the Lounge relaxing with great service and the Saddle Room excellent fare (albeit the door attendants a little unfriendly). The Spa was very restful although the massages need to be firmer. Overall a good place for a weary traveller.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely feedback from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am delighted to read that this was your third stay with us to the hotel. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed our Oyster Bar and Saddle Room Restaurant during your time with us. Likewise we welcome your feedback, and it has also been highlighted to our Spa Manager for future guests in our Spa enjoying a treatment.

The team and are are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne. It would be my pleasure to personally take care of any future reservations for you. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Everything a tourist could want within the hotel or walking distance. It's in a safe area and the staff was helpful and professional. It's no cheap but so worth it if you want a nice place to stay. This was a girls weekend and the spa was nice as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your great feedback from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I was delighted to read the excellent comments about our team and that you enjoyed our Health Club and Spa facilities.

I would be my pleasure to personally take care of any future reservations for you. Please feel free to contact me directly. The team and I will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Really nice restaurant and bar. Room was great with comfy bed. Room service was really efficient. Location is excellent for wandering the city. Staff was very helpful. Great place to stay and to visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted pass to the whole team your great feedback. I hope that next time you are in Dublin for a vacation we will be your first choice of hotel Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

great location within 5-10 minutes of many attractions or travel to the attractions made this a great part of the Shelbourne. St. Stephens Green was soooo beautiful with a sunny day and flowers blooming. The staff were friendly. The interiors are being updated as we speak in the guest rooms. Complimentary buffet breakfast was given to us- not sure if this is because we are Marriott Rewards or for all guests. The hotel has a museum that mentions the hotels place in history.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin.

I was so pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the fantastic location of the hotel and St Stephens Green Park.

A full refurbishment of all our rooms is currently taking place and will hopefully be complete by the end of 2014.

I hope that next time you are in Dublin for a vacation we will be your first choice of hotel.