“Always a pleasure amazing staff”

The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Always a pleasure amazing staff”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

It's always a pleasure to stay at The Shelbourne amazing staff great location right in the middle of the city. Great breakfast. Nothing is too much trouble. The staff always make our kids feel welcome. Beautiful spa. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank FamilyofFourIre
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise. I am delighted to note that you and your family enjoy your stays with us. It is always a pleasure to have you with us.

Thank you again for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. We hope to see you again soon.

JD Flynn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is part of the history of Dublin and behaves that way.
The greeting ,the valet car parking, check in ( with home made lemonade while you complete the paperwork) and the bedrooms are all executed perfectly.
The bars are bustling and comfortable and great for people watching.Pricey but you are in the Shelbourne !!
A great hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin. It was a pleasure to host you during your stay. I was delighted to read you enjoyed every minute of it and you especially liked the lemonade.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

* Everything was perfect until we began the check-in.
* My wife and I were there in March for a two day business trip. My company had paid for a standard room and I had previously contacted the hotel to arrange an upgrade (at my expense) to a Park view room. The hotel was aware of my reservation and scheduled arrival time. After arriving at the hotel after our flight from the USA we checked in. It was about 0700 in the morning. Since our room was not ready they offered breakfast. I thought that a very nice gesture since breakfast is about 25€, or more.
However, that's when the problem started. The front desk kept informing me that our room was not ready. This went on for over 4 hours. It was not until around 1100 in the morning we finally had our room. I'm not sure what happened to their scheduling/housekeeping but I found this unacceptable.
I realize that check-in at the typical hotel is usually early in the afternoon. But when you see other guests arrive and check-in you begin to wonder what's going on.
The staff was apologetic but it seemed slightly insincere.
I guess my mistake was not insuring that our room would be ready at the time of our arrival. Had I known of the delay I would not have arranged the upgrade.
* Other than that slightly sour experience the hotel is definitely superior.
* Fantastic location, it's an easy walk to Grafton St and the shops there.
* There are numerous pubs and restaurants in the area.
* Of course I would stay there again. I'd just insure my room would be ready at check-in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel. It was a pleasure to read such fantastic comments about your stay, and appreciate the feedback regarding you arrival experience.

Our Guaranteed Check In time is from 3pm, so I was pleased to read that we were able to accommodate an early check in at 11am. I am disappointed to read that you felt that the team did not communicate this information to you upon arrival and am I sure they endeavoured to accommodate your early arrival request. Our Heritage Parkview rooms are our most popular room category and only when they are vacated can they be serviced by housekeeping for a new arrival. 12noon is our check out time. To ensure your room is ready at this early time we recommend that you book the room from the night before. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I booked a room with a park view, and we had a suite! I lived in Dublin and never realized the mountain views but I saw them from the window in my room. (Well I'm from Colorado, but the pretty hills that they call Mountains.) Beautiful to have a view of the Green.

It felt like we stepped back in time to a beautiful snapshot of the old Ireland, but lucky for me they have done all the updating to high end luxury modern levels.

This really is a nice place to relax after seeing the sights or catching up with friends. I loved the easy walk to Trinity and my favorite store, The House Of Ireland. I bought my girls Claddah rings there.

It's exactly as you hope it will be.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you for writing this wonderful review of your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your suite and the view of Dublin “mountains”. While I agree they are no “Rockies” they do create a picturesque view.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the relaxing nature and location of the hotel. I hope that they enjoy their gifts and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

england

This is so good.
I was in a wheelchair and need special food but they went out of there way it was my brother birthday and they came out with a cake and candle. The price is high but it so worth it you feel like a queen everything is done for yo yes I did feel like a fish out of water but so good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. I was indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed your brother’s birthday with us and chose our hotel to celebrate this special occasion.

We hope to see you again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great service experience had at this hotel. Management and staff very helpful. Hotel situated near to all amenities. Ate in the hotel on on evening I was staying and food and service was very good indeed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise and for taking the time to write this review. It was our pleasure to host you at The Shelbourne Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our first trip to Ireland and this was the first stop. Beautiful hotel and helpful staff. Great location practically on The Green. Stayed here using Marriott points. Our room was an average size but everything was top notch. Breakfast was very good and the wait staff very attentive and friendly. Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone vacationing in Dublin.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you very much appreciated the location of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent stay in Ireland. I look forward to your return.