“What a treat!!!!”

The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Ranked #19 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time last weekend only having been for drinks / afternoon tea before. Really was excellent - service super, room top class and superb breakfast. The bar was buzzing and a great olace to have drinks before dinner- my husband loved the number 27 house cocktail! Real treat in itself and worth every euro ...

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Clare G
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was such a pleasure to read such fantastic feedback about your stay.

The team at the Shelbourne are delighted to read the great comments, and have passed your compliments to Ivan King, Bar and Lounge Manager & creator of the No27 Bar Cocktail.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne in the near future.

Best Regards

Sophie Hird
Guest Relations Executive

Write a ReviewReviews (3,903)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Shelbourne is a historic grand hotel across from St Stephens Green. Staff are very courteous and helpful. Main bar is fabulous and great for people watching. Hotel rooms are very nice. There is a small museum which you can learn about the historic place this hotel has in Irish history. There is also a spa in the hotel although we did not use it this trip.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel on the top floor. Room was nice but there was a recycling bus...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Shelbourne Hotel,
Your review was a delight to read, I am glad that you were able to visit out Museum and the bars during your stay,
On your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be delighted to assist you with making any reservations or requests,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have just returned from a wonderful weekend stay at the Shelbourne hotel for my Partner's 30th birthday. We were so incredibly well looked after, with the staff going out of their way to make our stay as perfect and memorable as possible. We had a fabulous heritage room, overlooking St Stephen's Green. Incredibly comfortable bed, huge luxurious bathroom and incredible view. We ate in the The Saddle Room for both breakfast and dinner and on all occasions it was exceptional quality. I also treated myself to a swedish massage at the spa which was very relaxing and followed by a refreshment platter in the relaxation room - heaven! I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. A special thank you to Dana De Moel for her help in making this a great experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel,
I am delighted to hear about your lovely time you spent with us and that our staffs, especially Dana, were able to make your special celebration even more memorable.
Should you be returning to The Shelbourne Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we can ensure each stay with us is as memorable as the last,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just home from a fabulous overnight stay. We were kindly upgraded as it was my friends' birthday. The room was recently refurbished and it was beautiful. The hotel is outstanding in everyway and it was everything that I hoped it would be!

• Stayed: July 2014
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at The Shelbourne Hotel,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your friends’ celebration and that we fulfilled your expectations of the hotel.
Should you be returning to The Shelbourne hotel please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights from 25-27 July this year.
We booked through a third party website where it stated that the deluxe king rooms had separate bath and shower facilities, however when we arrived and were shown to our room the bathroom only had a bath with a shower over it..... Minor issue you might think but not what we thought we were getting.
I immediately informed reception of this and due to the hotel being fully booked on the Friday night we were unable to be moved however on the Saturday while we spent our day in Dublin when we returned to the hotel, all our belongings had been moved to the most beautiful Heritage room where we enjoyed the second night of our stay.
In fact all the staff in the hotel were fabulous, from our waiter in the Saddle Room on the Friday night to the waitress who got me strawberries on Sunday morning for breakfast, thank you all for a wonderful stay.
Can't wait to come back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
It was a please to read your comments about our staff, we really do appreciate them. My apologies for the inconvenience on the first night of your stay but I am delighted that we were able to move you to a lovely Heritage room on the second night.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just arrived back to the UK from a weekend stay at the Shelbourne Hotel. What can I say......OMG! I love this hotel, it is the best hotel I have stayed in, in Europe. (Burj Al Arab is the best in the world). We stayed in room 252, we have a lovely view on to Kildare Street. The room was gorgeous, with a well stocked mini bar, as for the bed..........it was like heaven, you just sink & sink into the most comfort bed ever. The bathroom was huge, with lovely toilettes, slippers and robes. The Staff were all lovely and made us feel very welcome both the restaurant and the bar (the food and cocktails are to die for). :)

The hotel is in a brilliant location, just across the road is St Stephen's Green and it is a short Distance walk from Dawson Street and Grafton Street.

Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read about your stay, your comments about our rooms and the staff serve as a great motivator. Thank you.
Should you be returning to Dublin, Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your stay,

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

EXCELLENT SPA!!!!
Perfect location in front of the St. Stephens Green park.
Concierge very helpfull, and caring.
Nice, big rooms.
At night it is a meeting point for locals to drink guinness beer and have fun.
EXCELLENT 5 O'clock tea.
Good breakfast, good coffee.

Stayed: July 2014
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Shelbourne Hotel.
It was a pleasure to read your kind words about our hotel. I will be delighted to pass your comments on to both our Spa and the Bar and Lounge,
Should you be returning to The Shelbourne Hotel please do not hesitate to contact myself as I would be delighted to assist you with any further reservations,

Warm regards,