The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Conrad Dublin(Dublin)
  • Room Service
3,956 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roomirish constitutionbeautiful hotelfive star hotelst stephensmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetrinity collegetemple barmarriottconciergeirelanddoormanluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Had a super tea. The service was superb, and the sandwiches and cakes were endless. The staff were fantastic with our two year old, nothing was a problem. She had her own special sandwiches. Overall lovely experience.

• Stayed: August 2014
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Afternoon Tea experience in the Lord Mayors Lounge. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and that your children were well looked after by the team.

It is our goal at The Shelbourne Hotel to create a friendly, warm and welcoming experience for each guest to experience.

I look forward to your return in the hopefully near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

What a great hotel. One of the best anywhere. The staff is friendly and very accommodating! The staff also provides excellent local suggestions not on the tourist route. Go out of your way to stay here.

Also, one of the best bars in Dublin!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a park view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your recent stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. The team will be delighted to know that you appreciated their friendliness and the service provided.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Shelbourne Hotel. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Everything you would expect from a five star hotel, in a great location. Best nights sleep I had in ages :)

Particularly loved the breakfast - the honey is still on the comb!! and the Shelbourne eggs Benedict was divine. Make time for a drink in the horse shoe bar.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely revie and we truly appreciate your time and high remarks about our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had a comfortable sleep and that you enjoyed breakfast. I will pass your kind words on to our restaurant and kitchen team.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next trip to Dublin and it will be my pleasure to assist you with any requests or queries you might have.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Arrived very early in the morning, and while there were not yet any rooms available, we were able to shower in the spa ( we'd been traveling for almost 24 hours). Staff was very friendly, especially Keith, who went out of his way to be helpful. When we finally were able to get into our room, the view was of the back of an office building, which was very disappointing. As we were very jet lagged, we didn't complain, but it was irritating for what was supposed to be a " deluxe" room. There was also a question of whether breakfast was included, as it was never mentioned. We later found out that breakfast was usually included. Finally, housekeeping did not leave face cloths the second day. Beautiful building with a lot of history, and a great location.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you discovered many great aspects of the hotel including the history. The team will be delighted to know that you appreciated the service provided. I will also pass your kind words to Keith.

Due to our central location the options for views are limited and we recommend booking our Heritage Parkview rooms should you require a room with a view.

Finally, I was disappointed to know you were not informed about breakfast upon check-in and that you did not receive face cloths in the room on the second evening. I have spoken to the managers of the respective departments, who have assured me that their procedures will be reviewed.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Convenient location, exceptional quality and standards. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in my travels to UK and Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback and for taking the time to do so. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay and that you had a restful night.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you also for choosing The Shelbourne Hotel.