“Vacationing in Dublin”

The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 September 2014

This hotel was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at.The rooms were large and equipped with
WIFI which was free.The bathroom was large and the facilities in the room were all that one could want including a nice sized refrigerator,safe as well as plenty of storage space.The food establishments within the hotel were excellent.All of the hotel personnel were friendly,personable and extremely helpful.The hotel was a five minute walk from Grafton Street which was excellent for shopping and had numerous restaurants and pubs in the vicinity.St. Stephen's Green Park was directly across the street from the hotel.

Room Tip: Anywhere in the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shoreman4
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write about your experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to host you during you time in Dublin.

I have passed your wonderful comments to the team who will be delighted to read such great feedback about your stay.

I hope that the team and I will be welcoming you back to The Shelbourne Hotel very soon. Please feel free to contact me directly should you require assistance with a future reservation.

rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,827)

Reviewed 3 September 2014

I took a step back in time , when I walked into the lobby . The history of this hotel is quite amazing , a staff member was kind enough to show us the "constitution room " (where the drafting , of the Irish constitution was drawn up ) . What can I say about my hotel room it was amazing & I had breakfast in " The Lord Mayor's Lounge " . I felt as I was in Downton Abbey for the weekend . Dinner was Also amazing . I did go for a 2hr spa treatment the spa is lovely , I'am a esthetician so very picky when it comes to facials . Wow this is one of the most amazing hotels , 5***** right up their with the st. Regis :)

Room Tip: I always ask for king bed it worth the extra $$$
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin. The hotel prides itself on its history and unique ambience, and I am so pleased that you were able to take this in.

I have passed your wonderful comments to the Spa and they were delighted to read that you relaxed and enjoyed your facial.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

Was there for my lunch was really looking forward seen your hotel on the TV and the food looked to die for but ordered steak sambo it came it looked lovely took a bite it was all full of fat it really upset my lunch I know I did not pay for it but that's not the point I was soooooo looking forward and the girl who served us made up as best as she could she was sooooo nice to us it was my first time to go there

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan M
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the hotel.

Whilst I am glad that you found your server to be very nice, I am sorry to hear that the sandwich was not to your liking and I have passed your comments to our Restaurant team.

I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Shelbourne in future and that you will have an enjoyable dining experience.

Kind Regards

Barbara Casanova
Guest Relations Executive

Reviewed 3 September 2014

Had a very nice couple of days at The Shelbourne. Staff very helpful and room really comfortable. The afternoon tea in Lord Mayor's Lounge superb. Ideally situated for sightseeing, business, shopping etc. Only gripe my husband and I encountered was the unreliability of door locks - we had a lot of inconvenience when they continually didn't work.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Muriel F

Dear Guest,

I was truly delighted to read your review of your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel. I am pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the wonderful amenities the hotel has to offer including Afternoon Tea.

I was disappointed to read that you had problems with the door locks of you room. If I could ask you to contact me directly with your reservation details I can investigate this matter further. I would like to thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

I will look forward to hearing from you, and if i can assist you in the meantime with anything further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

My husband always wanted to stay here, and splashed out on our last trip to the U.K. Really, no review is necessary. This is a grand, historied, plush hotel. Just stay here if at all possible. The carpet in our suite had to be at least 4-inches thick, with velvet furniture. Staff is wonderful. Will say that the lobby is very modest by comparison, and belies what waits for you in your room. A nice reversal of what you find in hotels with opulent lobbies. The flower displays were exceptional. And the location is ideal. Across from St. Stephen's Green, but with Grafton Street a short walk. So you have a bit more serenity while still being in the thick of things.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such fantastic comments from your recent stay with us. It was truly a pleasure to read your feedback and pass to the whole team at the Hotel.

The Shelbourne Hotel prides itself on its wonderful location close to all of the gems Dublin has to offer. I am pleased that you also liked your room and found it comfortable and luxurious.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne Hotel, in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I was with my husband on a very short layover. I contacted the hotel to get directions from the airport, which was immediately responded to. Once there, check in was quick and easy. We spent the time waiting enjoying the lovely on site museum that is right off of the lobby. Rooms were lovely and well appointed. Alan with the concierge staff was incredibly helpful in providing us with a map and recommendations for where to dine. We can't wait to go back

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ptcmom113
GuestRelationsDublin, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read such fantastic comments from your recent stay with us at The Shelbourne Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our Shelbourne Museum, full of history about the hotel including a copy of the Irish Constitution which was drafted here in 1922.

Alan was pleased to that he was able to assist you with your dining choices close by. The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne.

If I can assist you in the future with reservations, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in August and had a lovely time! From the moment we checked in to when we checked out, it was great service! In the true Irish tradition we were treated like family! The Irish breakfast was delicious and the room was lovely! This is the place to stay if you want to be pampered! Great location! We will stay again for sure!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Shelbourne Hotel. It was a delight to read such great comments about your entire stay with us and in particular our Full Irish Buffet Breakfast.

The team strive to provide service which is above and beyond all expectations, and I was therefore delighted that you felt pampered following your stay with us.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to The Shelbourne very soon.