“Good for a cheap stay in Dublin”
Review of Ashfield Hostel

Ashfield Hostel
Ranked #11 of 112 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good for a cheap stay in Dublin”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Staff during the day were super friendly, helped us with how to get to certain places, ordered us taxis and one of the guys working there was great craic and made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived.
Hostel is cheap, beds are comfortable enough, and you can sit and have a drink in the common room after a night out which was good, as you're only round the corner from temple bar.
Breakfast is served free with your stay...just simple things like fruit, yougart, cereal, tea and coffee etc.
The only compliant I'd have is the heat of the hostel...it was very warm, everywhere we went we were sweating...the windows are restricted to only open slightly, which is annoying...especially when the room is full of 6 people.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The guy at the check in desk was super friendly. I would give him 5 stars! However, the hostel itself is not that great. My friend and I booked a room with 18 beds. We know never to do that again. We should've expected it to be bad. It was terrible. It was messy and the bed did not feel clean. The bathrooms were worse. I did not shower that night. Thank god we were only there for one night.

Stayed July 2014
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hostel has nice private rooms that are quite large for a hostel in downtown. The shower is a bit tight, but its a private shower. For the location, you really can't beat the price. The front desk staff was also great. Our only real complaint for our one night stay is that there were no places to charge anything in our room. There are charging places elsewhere in the hostel though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked a private room in this Hostel. I paid around €30 euro per night with breakfast included and my expectations were of a room with the same standard of a 2-star hotel. Overall, my expectations were met. The breakfast includes milk, coffee and cacao powder, cereals, peach in syrup, white and brown bread, yogurt and orange juice. All guest can use microwave and fridge.
It is recommended for young people with a little budget.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at Ashfield House last time I visited Dublin's 'fair city' and I was happy with my stay there. I was satisfied with the breakfast that was included. I was there four nights and have only a few less-than-glowing comments to make. The shower was almost broken and very hard to get going but it was ok when eventually I got it to work. The sockets at the end of my bunk were too dangerous to use so I had to use other sockets that were less convenient. I was happy with the fact my roommates weren't too noisy and I was able to get good quality sleep overall. I was happy with the great location. The staff were welcoming and friendly. I look forward to going back to this hostel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank donal o
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hostel is very conviniently located, really close to the center and with a bus stop with line connected directly to the airport. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was really nice, especially that included breakfast. We stayed in 14 (or 18?) people bedroom, with a bathroom. It got everything sufficient. Really cool place for people who don't need much comfort, travel low-budged and want to meet nice people on their way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Ashfield house is a lovely place and it has many reasons that makes this place special.
The main reason is the staff, they are very friendly, always trying to help the guests in a polite manner.
The location is perfect, it takes only between 5-15 minutes to go to the main touristic places (temple bar, trinity college, the spire, vikings museum, etc, ).
Also the breakfast is served between 7:30 and 10:30 so you don't have to wake up very early ! actually is really good and complete.
Reception is available 24hs.
The price suits perfect to what they offer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo