“Good campus”

Trinity College Campus
Ranked #77 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I liked the Trinity Campus, but the location it´s not really good, because it´s far to go to central gate. The college is really big, so it´s a good walk to get out or get in. But the room it´s confortable and the breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the main entrance
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Geórgia L

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Location was good, food marginal (after all it is a college) and rooms were clean. Not exactly cheap, but very reasonable. Check in was chaotic and slow, but not clerk's fault. If you want to see what the college is like, this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cher B
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice breakfast. Good environment in the famous campus which reminds me of my student days.
But the location is a bit tricky. I know trinity college is at the centre of Dublin, but it is also quite a big campus indeed and these dorm rooms can be located in different corners. Unfortunately with the room allocated to me I had to spend such a long time looking for way back after I went out at night. I have to say it is a beautiful campus, but carrying all my bags and spending a lot of time walking from here to there makes me feel a bit silly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Anita Z
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in the dorm rooms on Trinity College's campus July 9-12. These are basic accommodations as expected from a dorm. On the positive side the view from the room was lovely. And you couldn't possibly have a better location to see Dublin. You are in the heart of the city without the loudness of Temple Bar. We also had very good internet access, really close bus stops, and friendly staff.

On the down side, it is a dorm room. Do not expect the Ritz. The shower had plenty of hot water, but was REALLY small. I would say it is 2 feet by 2 feet square. I am 5' 6", 125 lbs. I didn't have trouble using it. However, I had to be careful when I washed my hair because my elbows hit both walls. Other small issues were that the doors badly need WD40 and the light switch to the bathroom is outside behind the door. The maid service disconnected the hinge that automatically closed the bathroom door (not sure if this was on purpose or not), but that helped with the squeaking. The room was cool enough with the window open, even in July.

Breakfast comes with the accommodations. I think you can be satisfied with it. They are very good at explaining what is free and what isn't. After the first day we skipped it and went to a lovely bakery just off Dame Street - Keoghs. Their coffee and muffins are amazing...

We were very happy here. I would absolutely stay here again. But you need to come in understanding that this is totally no frills.

Room Tip: I was in building 30 on the 2nd floor facing the courtyard. The courtyard is protected from the str...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We came for a conference, and found out that colleagues that stayed just outside of campus got much more value for money.
The room was in good size, but the walls were made of paper- we heard everything in the next rooms. There were paper placements at the shower and not even a hand towel.
After checkout, they sent us to the library to deposit our bags for 3 Euro each for the two hours we needed before leaving.
This is not the way to treat business visitors! (Maybe suitable for backpackers only).

Do yourselves a favor - stay elsewhere for the same money.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MBS436
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is the heart of Dublin - and one of the oldest universities in Europe. Loved staying here but it's not luxury. You're staying in a dormitory. We had 2 single beds (comfortable), a desk and a wardrobe. Spartan but all you really need. Bathroom was really tiny. Shower was so small you literally couldn't bend over - strictly vertical washing. No air conditioning but big windows. Our room was on the Old Library Square which was wonderful because we were steps from The Book of Kells (don't miss it!), but noisy students and tourists passed by the window all night long. Request a room on an upper floor and on the back of the 'house' ( as they call the dorms). Wifi was good, breakfast in student cafeteria offered lots of options. Also they just started offering free parking (extremely rare) - a MAJOR plus in downtown Dublin!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room off the main squares - on the back of the 'house' you're as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SouthernLife
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just returned from three nights here staying in a double room in goldsmith hall. It's basically what you can expect being uni accommodation, the room was a good size, bed was comfortable and everything was clean if a bit clinical. You got a continental breakfast included which was fine for what I needed but it only serves until 9.30 which seems a bit early!

The staff were really helpful, taking you directly to your room, much appreciated as easily could get lost, then organised a taxi for me leaving really early on my last morning.

All in all I would probably stay again if I was looking for budget accommodation.

Room Tip: My room didn't have wifi but others do so best to check if that's an issue for people
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo